Why does Aguero play poorly alongside Balotelli?

Because Balo is a bit of a lazy bastard at times... Tevez is all over the pitch and drags defenders/midfielders with him, thus opening up more space for Aguero/Silva/Nasri to work their magic.

redmizzle said:
TCIB said:
I have in other threads :)

Sell Balo, bring in Guidetti.

Next !

What if a Guidetti and Aguero partnership don't hit the heights of the Tevez and Aguero partnership in just under one full season? Sell him too?

TBH, the situation with Balotelli in this thread does refer to the attitude he brings to club. Negativity + Lack of Performance = Not right for the team. Attitude, Confidence and Trust are key aspects to a great partnership. At the moment, Balotelli is showing none of the above.

redmizzle said:
TCIB said:

Next !

What if a Guidetti and Aguero partnership don't hit the heights of the Tevez and Aguero partnership in just under one full season? Sell him too?

We see how it goes don't we. They do not even innitially at least have to show that level of understanding but if they show an improvement which can't be hard let's face it !.
Then that seems an improvement on flogging what has only shown over a season to be a dead horse.

You are working on "what if's" i am going of what has happened. The club is trying to crack the top atm, not a place for such players as balo aka unreliable.

Guidetti has shown aptitude in the area of play highlighted in this thread... understanding with other forwards.
He deserves his chance, Balo has had more than enough already.

Balotelli has one assist all season, regardless of who he plays with. One assist. Says enough.

Ratface (who grows on me EVERY single day, besides trying to blatantly wipe the Young dive under the rug) described the problem excellently...

(cant find link on youtube)

whothefisAlice said:
Balotelli has one assist all season, regardless of who he plays with. One assist. Says enough.

Ratface (who grows on me EVERY single day, besides trying to blatantly wipe the Young dive under the rug) described the problem excellently...

(cant find link on youtube)
Link: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=253760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=253760</a>

Too many variables, you can twist numbers any way you want, what matches were they playing together, what were the circumstances, who were the opposition etc. etc.

TCIB said:

Next !

Makes perfect sense. I don't want Balo anywhere near the first team for the remainder of the season. He upsets everything.

I think you can take it as read that the Aguero-Tevez figure as it stands is an anomaly and not at all reliable. With that run-rate it'd be almost a 100 goal a season partnership. No-one has ever come close to that. Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez, never got close to that as a three-man attack. They managed 57. Drogba-Malouda-Anelka (the three-man in the record holding 103 goal Chelsea season) managed 52.

Now part of the reason for the imbalance with Aguero and Balo, is penalties. When they're both on the pitch Mario gets the penalties (rightfully so). That puts goals in Balo's column rather than Aguero's. You have to remember that easy transfer of goals in this case. Penalties are almost certain goals and can inflate or deflate individual player's statistics hugely depending on who takes them.

The bigger concern though is why the drop-off between the Dzeko-Aguero partnership avg of 1 per game to 0.6 per game. Is it explainable simply by making reference to the period in which it was the main partnership i.e. January to March, when we were hit with many absences for reasons of African Cup of Nations, injuries and suspensions. During this period the following players were all out; Kompany (twice); Lescott; Richards; Silva (rested and injured); Yaya (twice). Could that explain 0.4, I reckon so. A goal a game is adequate from a partnership. That's about the level Henry-Bergkamp-Wiltord were at.

Balo has talent but is far to lazy to want to form a partnership,for him he's number 1 and expects others to provide for him,his movement isnt that where he'll drag defenders all over to make space for kun to run into he's quite static and expects kun to do all the running for him.Tevez and kun know each others game are friends and countrymen they have an understanding and both work hard to compliment each other and i think are very comfortable playing with each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.