Why does Aguero play poorly alongside Balotelli?

Balotelli isn't a player who thrives n quick passing and movement. Neither really is Dzeko.

Tevez and Aguero has the makings of the best striking partnership in the game

Mario is greedy, his aspirations are to be a top top striker, the main man and all that.being a young selfish lad the last thing he wants is to lay it off for another player to grab the limelight.
Tevez (when he turns up)is already top notch, already at the top of his game and has class all though him.he can and will pick the killer pass when required.

TheAussie said:
Of course Aguero is going to play better alongside Tevez:

1. Balotelli is selfish, he does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants. As much as i like the guy, he really doesn't have the top priority mind frame for a consistent goal scorer/assist goal scorer. It's all about him at the moment, and i really can't see his mind set changing either.

lol, please

-- Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:02 am --

redmizzle said:
TCIB said:
I have in other threads :)

Sell Balo, bring in Guidetti.

Next !

What if a Guidetti and Aguero partnership don't hit the heights of the Tevez and Aguero partnership in just under one full season? Sell him too?

do not take this one seriously, he is trying to say guidetti better then mario, lmao!!

I think Balotelli's problem is his poor movement rather than laziness or greediness.

He does have a selfish streak, as do most strikers, but he often seems happy enough to pass to a player in a better position.

When he plays as the lone striker he usually puts in a decent shift eg at Porto. It seems that when he's playing that position he has a better understanding of what is required of him.

The problems seem to be when he's playing wide left or in a free role behind Aguero. If he's playing wide left the game often passes him by. If the ball doesnt come to him he seems unsure whether to track back or move across the pitch to get more involved. When he's playing behind Aguero he can appear lazy, because he's always waiting to get the ball in a killer position.

I'd like to see him play a few more games leading the line. The problem is that he's probably more likely to lose his discipline playing that position because of the niggles that he'll get from centre backs.

cibaman said:
I think Balotelli's problem is his poor movement rather than laziness or greediness.

personally think balotellis movement is the best in the team... the team just does not pic ihm out enough...

I think his problem is that one he has to many peopel telling him he's to good, going to be best in world, this and that, and is getting to his head. He is no humble and needs discipline. Maybe Roberto must bring him to bench to make him work for starting role again....

Mario plays for himself not the team. Hence his obsession with "always me."
He fights with team mates so he can take the free kick and shoots from long distances when other better options exist.
Frequently he is immature and doesnt consider the best option for the team. A talented individual but not a team player.

GreekBlue said:
cibaman said:

personally think balotellis movement is the best in the team... the team just does not pic ihm out enough...

I think his problem is that one he has to many peopel telling him he's to good, going to be best in world, this and that, and is getting to his head. He is no humble and needs discipline. Maybe Roberto must bring him to bench to make him work for starting role again....

City want to play a short passing game which involves a good touch and good movement. Aguero,Silva,Nasri,Yaya,Milner and now Tevez thrive on it.

Mario has neither a good touch not good movement.To suggest his movement is the best in the team is naive beyond belief.Sure I can remember times when he has moved into a good position but for the majority of times he just doesnt fit in with the way the rest of the team move and think.

And strangely for such a gifted player his first touch and ability to join iin with the short quick passing is very limited.That's partly where the selfishness comes in as he tends to want to shoot from wherever he is but also simply because he struggles massively to make the short passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.