Why does Aguero play poorly alongside Balotelli?

How many times did we see Tevez go it alone in games before Aguero came? I agree that him and Balo arent the most productive of partnerships but I reckon being alongside Kun overshadows any partnership in the Prem and by some distance. Comparing anyone else with those two together is almost unfair. They are THAT good.

citymad said:
TCIB said:
I have in other threads :)

Sell Balo, bring in Guidetti.

Next !

Makes perfect sense. I don't want Balo anywhere near the first team for the remainder of the season. He upsets everything.

I've a feeling Mario will come off the bench to damage united in a couple of weeks.
He may be a knob some times, but he's still young and I think deserves another go next season.

Who do you want to partner Kun next season?Is there a forward in Europe or Argy that runs around closing people down like Tevez does? Thought, could we convert Clichy, he started as a forward and he could certainly run around a lot.

St Ives blue said:
citymad said:
TCIB said:
I have in other threads :)

Sell Balo, bring in Guidetti.

Next !

Makes perfect sense. I don't want Balo anywhere near the first team for the remainder of the season. He upsets everything.

I've a feeling Mario will come off the bench to damage united in a couple of weeks.
He may be a knob some times, but he's still young and I think deserves another go next season.

How many red cards more before he doesn't deserve anymore chances?

colourmeblue said:
How many times did we see Tevez go it alone in games before Aguero came? I agree that him and Balo arent the most productive of partnerships but I reckon being alongside Kun overshadows any partnership in the Prem and by some distance. Comparing anyone else with those two together is almost unfair. They are THAT good.

This is my point, their partnership and understanding is that good because of their styles of play or the kinds of players they are, its unfair to expect what is essentially a new partnership like Aguero & Balotelli or Aguero & Dzeko to come anywhere close yet otherwise you will always be disappointed. Even if Ronaldo or Benzema came to City tomorrow, I can bet that their partnership with Aguero won't be as good as a Tevez & Aguero one. That doesn't necessarily mean that anyone that doesn't play as well with Aguero as Tevez does is simply a bad player.

redmizzle said:
colourmeblue said:

This is my point, their partnership and understanding is that good because of their styles of play or the kinds of players they are, its unfair to expect what is essentially a new partnership like Aguero & Balotelli or Aguero & Dzeko to come anywhere close yet otherwise you will always be disappointed. Even if Ronaldo or Benzema came to City tomorrow, I can bet that their partnership with Aguero won't be as good as a Tevez & Aguero one. That doesn't necessarily mean that anyone that doesn't play as well with Aguero as Tevez does is simply a bad player.

It is unfair to compare Mario to Tevez in discussing a partnership as they are such different players.

But it is fair to consider and compare them as footballers.One has a very poor touch,doesnt work hard for the team and has very limited movement plus looks like being sent off every game. The other has a great first touch,works his socks off for the team,passes and moves superbly to link play up and doesnt look like being sent off.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
redmizzle said:
colourmeblue said:

It is unfair to compare Mario to Tevez in discussing a partnership as they are such different players.

But it is fair to consider and compare them as footballers.One has a very poor touch,doesnt work hard for the team and has very limited movement plus looks like being sent off every game. The other has a great first touch,works his socks off for the team,passes and moves superbly to link play up and doesnt look like being sent off.

One is 28, has played in England for years at different clubs and is at the top of his game. The other is 21, in his second season and is still developing his game.

redmizzle said:
colourmeblue said:

It almost makes me want Tevez to stay and that is a hell of a statement. Seeing those 2 link up at Norwich (1 game I know) was mouthwatering. Im beginning to be torn and I really dont know how I'll react if they keep producing the goods (which I fully expect)

colourmeblue said:
redmizzle said:
colourmeblue said:

It almost makes me want Tevez to stay and that is a hell of a statement. Seeing those 2 link up at Norwich (1 game I know) was mouthwatering. Im beginning to be torn and I really dont know how I'll react if they keep producing the goods (which I fully expect)

Its a bit early to talk about the partnership in such glowing terms. They've been very good against Wigan, WBA & Norwich. Better teams will try to work out a method of playing against them. The acid test will be when the rest of the team aren't playing so well and they aren't getting such good service.

Such a strange thread

Aguero plays a different position when Tevez is in the team. With Balo or Dzeko he plays behind them and drops into midfield. When Tevez plays, he does this and Aguero plays up front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.