why does it feel

n_mcfc said:
Those players need to know that if they want to stay here and win things, they've got one hell of a season coming up next year.

They moaned and sulked this year. Blamed our below-par season and more recent piss-poor form on the manager. Only the manager. Now he's gone and today was fucking shite. Don't care if it's the last game and a dead rubber. It's, in many ways for them, a celebration!

They got their wish, the manager (who apparently was at fault for them not performing as well as they could) has gone and they had the chance to prove to us (who have no choice but to stick with City when times are a bit shit [as we all fucking know!]) that they can perform and will be willing to fight like mad next year. They just didn't show up. Fringe players who wanted to play more, didn't show up, didn't run enough (to quote Mancini) and didn't give a toss.

Body language reveals a lot in football. We've got a lot of babies in that team. Spoilt rotten. Mancini was in charge during the best home spell I think we've ever had? 1 loss in the league in the past 2 and a half years until today! That's taken a hit because they couldn't be arsed today!

I truly 'get' why Mancini has gone. But, if the owners are to go with this 'holistic' approach nonsense, I suspect that we'll be signing a different 'type' of footballer in the future. Much more in the mould of Rodwell (young, talented, promising and grounded). I've been pissed off by a lack of effort more than anything. Not something I ever expect to say again.

Good post, I thought the players might have something to prove but obviously not, looked like they were just going through the motions, only Rodwell and tevez showing commitment and skill, think Milner tried hard but just had a stinker, also think yaya needs some competition for his place, he just ambled around looking bored for much of the game just like he did in the cup final

n_mcfc said:
bigf42 said:
The feeling I got today was that the bond between this group of players and the crowd was broken, as if we collectively couldn't bring ourselves to get behind this lot.

I have never experienced this at city over all the years.

Sadly, I feel you're right. It's incredibly difficult to criticise any player who gives 100%. That's what we expect when we pay our money each season. I hope some players sit in that dressing room, look at Zabaleta and the reaction he gets every single game and crave it. It's not rocket science. Even bloody Tevez has managed to work his arse back in to a heroic position.

We're not stupid. We've been watching City for a long time and we know shit players when we see them. We also know the difference between shit players and brilliant players not giving a shit. Too many of the latter this season and it's accumulated to a shocking, piss-poor end of the season. Said it a few times today but the players got their wish. They blamed their bad form on the manager and now he's gone. Now they have to prove to us/the club that they were right. Today was embarrassing, dead rubber or not. Apart from Rodwell (who was fucking brilliant today) and the players previously mentioned (as we've come to expect), too many lads ambled around the pitch today, content.

Suspect a big summer ahead and a lot more news to come out in the next week or so. The Kompany situation is very, very strange and the silence is not helping. If I could, I'd go on holiday for a month (a la Football Manager) because I just can't be arsed with the next month!

Great post and agreed

Thank fook i'm into cycling and have got the Tour de France and the Vuelta to look forward to

TBH if any of this lot at City skive in Sept the way they have skived over the last couple of weeks, I shall personally torch their expensive limousines

LAZY WANKERS

and before you put on your gloves and comfy blankets if it's a bit drizzly on an autumn evening in Stoke, try watching today's stage winner , Giovanni Visconti, cycling two snowbound summits up to 2,000 metres in a blizzard after 150km of racing after two weeks of the same...

fookin grow some

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
n_mcfc said:
Those players need to know that if they want to stay here and win things, they've got one hell of a season coming up next year.

They moaned and sulked this year. Blamed our below-par season and more recent piss-poor form on the manager. Only the manager. Now he's gone and today was fucking shite. Don't care if it's the last game and a dead rubber. It's, in many ways for them, a celebration!

They got their wish, the manager (who apparently was at fault for them not performing as well as they could) has gone and they had the chance to prove to us (who have no choice but to stick with City when times are a bit shit [as we all fucking know!]) that they can perform and will be willing to fight like mad next year. They just didn't show up. Fringe players who wanted to play more, didn't show up, didn't run enough (to quote Mancini) and didn't give a toss.

Body language reveals a lot in football. We've got a lot of babies in that team. Spoilt rotten. Mancini was in charge during the best home spell I think we've ever had? 1 loss in the league in the past 2 and a half years until today! That's taken a hit because they couldn't be arsed today!

I truly 'get' why Mancini has gone. But, if the owners are to go with this 'holistic' approach nonsense, I suspect that we'll be signing a different 'type' of footballer in the future. Much more in the mould of Rodwell (young, talented, promising and grounded). I've been pissed off by a lack of effort more than anything. Not something I ever expect to say again.

Good post, I thought the players might have something to prove but obviously not, looked like they were just going through the motions, only Rodwell and tevez showing commitment and skill, think Milner tried hard but just had a stinker, also think yaya needs some competition for his place, he just ambled around looking bored for much of the game just like he did in the cup final
Very much agree with these 2 posts.

Players let themselves and the fans down a lot today, and left me wondering where we are going as a club. They got what they wanted, but now I'm wondering whether that has just set us back if that's what they think is acceptable

Marvin said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
n_mcfc said:

Players let themselves and the fans down a lot today, and left me wondering where we are going as a club. They got what they wanted, but now I'm wondering whether that has just set us back if that's what they think is acceptable

Well they seem to think its acceptable to give less than their best jn an FA Cup Final against injury ridden relegation fodder, So wtf depths wouldn't they sink to? Really not liking the cluster-fucks just now. They can do one, some of them.

Pam said:
Marvin said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
Very much agree with these 2 posts.

Well they seem to think its acceptable not to give more than 70% jn an FA Cup Final against injury ridden relegation fodder, So wtf depths wouldn't they sink to? Really not liking the twats just now.A lot of them can fuck right off and never come back.
I thought we'd made the right decision in getting rid of Mancini, but then the players who this was all supposedly for, turned in a Typical City performance. It would break my heart if last season proves to be a one off, but the way we've signed this season off puts a lot of doubts in my mind. That's a poor as a performance as I have seen from City since the weeks when it started to crumble under Hughes. John Terry gets some stick, but I've never seen a managerless Chelsea team fold like that.

Found this from Kompany on Twitter. Sounds OK given what was said earlier today

The end of a season means the beginning of a new one. Nothing but thanks for all the great support, it really meant a lot

mscenterh750 said:
I wouldn't say it's a feeling after relegation, but I'm certainly titsed off with how this season has panned out, culminating in today's debacle. Roll on August so we can do it all again though !.

I hope you mean like season 2011/12 not this last one!

because the rags spend more time trying to piss us of than watching any of there games . there complete arm chair fans ! no hate for anyone more than a bitter united fan

Yesterday was like the cherry on the cake for total cackness.The players sent us home really flat.It feels like we have been in a major car crash and i dont like it.I got home quite quick yesterday from, the match that was only good thing about yesterday.

Bluekiwi said:
mscenterh750 said:
I wouldn't say it's a feeling after relegation, but I'm certainly titsed off with how this season has panned out, culminating in today's debacle. Roll on August so we can do it all again though !.

the way arsenal players and fans was dancing on the pitch and in the stands yesterday with a play off place in the champions league

then you get man city players a 2nd place and in the groups stage of the champions league hanging there heads after the game they just lost to middle table norwich

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.