Why does Mark Hughes think Bridge is worth 15 Mill

zeusbheld said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Cant believe people dont rate Bridge. Saying that, when they start praising Garrido it probably tells you all you need to know about their football knowledge.

Great signing which will make us a lot stronger.

yep.

the crucial bit of info is not hte praising of Garrido (he's put in some good effort at improving).. it's the rating him higher than Bridge part. wtf. i suspect the evaluation may have been mediated by the crack pipe....

pmsl

Bridge is a great signing for us at this point in this time, almost a perfect signing.
However wouldn't it be an excellent signing if we were to get Lescott instead? He has the added bonus of being versatile enough to slot in to CB as well and is younger than Bridge. Can't imagine he would cost more than the 12-15 Million banded about that we will be paying for Bridge.

Englands #2 left back, he is a year older than Danny Mills when we signed him. Mills went down hill very quicly on his last big contract. I wonder if Bridge has the same potential.

I think some people thinks its like Footy Manager 2009 at City.

We cant just go and pick the best left back from Barca, Real or Juve. Get in the real world.

We need a left back desperately. Wayne Bridge is probably in the top 5 in the Premiership, yet lucky for us doesnt get too many games.

We currently have in Ball and Garrido two of the worst full backs in the Premiership.

Its a no brainer. We are probably paying a little over what he is worth. But the fact is Chelsea wouldnt sell for 8m. So we have to pay a little more.

Good business.

Danamy said:
Managers like him because of his attitude and abilty.
His workrate is second to none, never moans, consistant (when playing) and got probs the best left foot in the Prem.
Imagine a big target man like RSC or Drogba getting service from Bridge, Petrov (left) and SWP, Zab (right) with Rob just in behind?

or Drogba getting service from Bridge, Petrov (left) and SWP, Zab (right) with Rob just in behind?
==========

Careful mate... you're getting excited again LOL....

I'm not exactly doing somersaults over him signing but he is certainly a very capable left back. In fact, he'll probably be the best left back I've seen play for City. If Hughes can get the best out of him then we will have one of the better left backs in the league. If his attitude is right he's a good player and will be a solid signing

levets said:
Danamy said:
Managers like him because of his attitude and abilty.
His workrate is second to none, never moans, consistant (when playing) and got probs the best left foot in the Prem.
Imagine a big target man like RSC or Drogba getting service from Bridge, Petrov (left) and SWP, Zab (right) with Rob just in behind?

or Drogba getting service from Bridge, Petrov (left) and SWP, Zab (right) with Rob just in behind?
==========

Careful mate... you're getting excited again LOL....

:)

I need a cold shower i think lol

Will be a very good signing, with Garrido as back up.

I would expect another 2 CD and goalie to sure up our defence.
If rumour be true, Given, Toure and Diakhate also added to the squad would give us a fantastic defence.

Prophet of Doom said:
I think some people thinks its like Footy Manager 2009 at City.

We cant just go and pick the best left back from Barca, Real or Juve. Get in the real world.

in my experience you're not likely to be able to do it in FM either, at least not in this transfer window playing as Hughes (although i did manage to sign Chiellini in summer 2009)

Its a no brainer. We are probably paying a little over what he is worth. But the fact is Chelsea wouldnt sell for 8m. So we have to pay a little more.

Good business.

yep.

I think a lot of people are forgetting we are now the richest club in the world so what we pay doesn't matter. What matters is that the players bought improve us so that we get to a position of strength where we can then buy the superstars. So if Bridge costs £15, £20 million or whatever, it doesn't matter as long as he helps the team get better at this stage of our devcelopment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.