Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

I think they should make it a free bar for one game and get everyone steaming. People will then come out of their shells and talk to people that are around them. This will break the ice and they won`t feel such a twat next time they are standing up and singing!

Palerider said:
Wow, how peoples view of the Etihad varies. For me, I think it's brilliant. Easy access, easy parking ( I park near the Kippax pub and walk ) and great views. The atmosphere is for the fans to sort although I believe City have tried many things to help. Even playing chants on the tannoy remember! The best atmosphere in the Premiership has been created by Stoke and Portsmouth but their fans have not been anywhere near as loyal as City's. I sit in the Colin Bell stand and see the same fans as the first home League game in the Etihad ( v Portsmouth ). Most of them don't chant but always turn up. Some of them don't even moan. I think for some people it's a very personal experience and not for sharing others love the banter and songs. I also think that song choices could be improved. The constant anti united songs are boring and many fans just want City supporting songs with good tunes.
I think Derby were by far the best there's been in the Prem. They were unbelievable! Better than Stoke and Pompey. Sunderland when on form are the best of current Prem clubs, Spurs are probably the most consistently loud.

might be a bit controversial this, but even at Wembley the Stoke fans out-sang us, at least they did until Yaya put the ball in the net!
So is the problem really the Etihad?

rickyyt said:
We could do with a few new songs 1 for silva would be a good start.

David Silva, the maestro from Maine Road? That'd be great but where would find someone who could think of a catchy tune and pen the lyrics? Even if it was a re-hash of an old song that they got wrong it would be ace!

Any Lennon or McCartneys out there?

daveduke67 said:
rickyyt said:

David Silva, the maestro from Maine Road? That'd be great but where would find someone who could think of a catchy tune and pen the lyrics? Even if it was a re-hash of an old song that they got wrong it would be ace!

I wish I had the talent! What about Liam or noel do they come on here?

Re: Re: Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

bluesince1969 said:
marsy was here said:
to many OLD fans...
This

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

myself and my brother are both the wrong side of 50 , and we go home after the match hoarse through shouting and singing. Due to work commitments we have only been to 6 home games this year , but maybe we appreciate a game more than people who never miss a match, this is not a criticism. Against Bayern we sang "rummenigge,rumennigge whats the score" and " are you watching Platini" etc , but people looked around at us ,as if we were disturbing their peaceful day-out ,(we were 2-0 up and in a qualifying postion at the time) and absolutley no-one joined in with blue moon etc. But i have noticed a lot of camera wielding tourists and our asian friends now congregating amongst us , so its obvious our supporter base is changing .
Personally i enjoyed the atmosphere when we were shite at maine road in the 2nd division , taunting wrexham fans about their welsh sheep shagging escapades etc. The club is changing and the gloryhunters are getting aboard the bandwagon , it goes with the territory of the champs league , unfortunately.But dont criticise the older generation , we have put up with a lot more shit than some of the younger supporters

rickyyt said:
daveduke67 said:
rickyyt said:

I wish I had the talent! What about Liam or noel do they come on here?

I just can't see there being anyone talented enough to weave that fantastic, albeit totally inaccurate, line into a song.

Nothing to do with the stadium. We need the silent fans, the vast magority, to open their mouths! Why would you go to a game and say nothing until the team score, cheer once and then shut up? I mean, why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.