Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

MCFCTamsie said:
glad to here it mate and its already happening now blue alliance!! how do you get on this email link is it on citys website

This is the link from my email, hopefully it works for anyone:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=132325502461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylo ... 2325502461</a>

marsy was here said:
to many OLD fans...
COULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT'S THE CUT OFF FOR ' OLD?' JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I STAND AND IF I'M ALLOWED TO SING AND SHOUT???

kevodevo said:
marsy was here said:
to many OLD fans...
COULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT'S THE CUT OFF FOR ' OLD?' JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I STAND AND IF I'M ALLOWED TO SING AND SHOUT???
ha, it's the 'old' fans who introduce and mostly pay for the 'young' fans. (funny post though)

MCFCTamsie said:
[if thats the case mate why dont you stay at home and watch it on telly its probley a better view and its warmer, dont know about you but one of the main reasons i go and watch city at the ground is the atmophere and the emotion and passion shown by our supporters but what ever if you want football to be like a cinema carry on.

Oh dear, another of the "everyone must do as I want to do" types too prevalent on here now.
Maybe you are one of those that are too concerned about the away fan with a pink shirt on to notice the movement of our players, or feeling more relaxed when we lose the ball and look up to see that our back four are all in position, or being able to see the changes in formation during a game, or the movement off the ball, all things very noticeable to those WATCHING the game especially from Level 3, not as noticeable on TV and imossible to see if you are watching the away fans to see who you can have "banter" with.

law74 said:
MCFCTamsie said:
[if thats the case mate why dont you stay at home and watch it on telly its probley a better view and its warmer, dont know about you but one of the main reasons i go and watch city at the ground is the atmophere and the emotion and passion shown by our supporters but what ever if you want football to be like a cinema carry on.

Oh dear, another of the "everyone must do as I want to do" types too prevalent on here now.
Maybe you are one of those that are too concerned about the away fan with a pink shirt on to notice the movement of our players, or feeling more relaxed when we lose the ball and look up to see that our back four are all in position, or being able to see the changes in formation during a game, or the movement off the ball, all things very noticeable to those WATCHING the game especially from Level 3, not as noticeable on TV and imossible to see if you are watching the away fans to see who you can have "banter" with.

not really sure what your point is mate? i wasnt saying everyone in the ground needs to stand up and sing and have a laugh my only point was it annoys me when people dismiss singing at football and me and many others agree that it is a big part of our football might not be the case for you then fair enough, even though i might find it funny to shout abuse at away fans or sing and show passion dosent mean i dont know or watch football as ive played from a young kid, just cos you sit on the third teir doesnt mean you no football any beter than i do, ive had season tickets in higher teirs with beter view to purley watch football but found it twice as enjoyble with other like minded fans who sing and have a good time is that a bad thing, as for me wanting other people to do as i want what a load of ballocks, i dont care what other people do as long as they dont stop some fans from showing their support how they want too.

MCFCTamsie said:
not really sure what your point is mate? i wasnt saying everyone in the ground needs to stand up and sing...........

That's how it came across, I took it further, you also suggested that if people "just" want to go and watch the game they should stay at home in the warm and watch on TV - I'd say that should get the crowd down to about 7000.

I sit in the east stand and i have to add our songs are getting more and more uncreative and boring to sing so no wonder no one wants to sing them!

An example would be the "sergio sergio sergio sergio!" chant
He has a name that could be used in so many songs and yet we decide to only chant one name repeatedly over and over again, yes this may work with Edin Dzeko but we cant do it for each member of the team.

We need the creativity back that made the Balotelli song which even when he's not on the pitch is sung as people enjoy singing it!

So yes the stadium isn't great but if we get some more song that are different and creative with a couple of verses maybe nice, this could be a start for people wanting to sing...

It probably doesn't help that the barstaff are completely inept at their jobs, so you leave 5mins before half time to have one pint and arrive 5mins into the second half. They make it difficult to get merry and near impossible to get steaming.

Why they don't pull off pints during the first half to cope with the half time rush baffles me.

We've got a lot of new season ticket holders coming in too, some new blokes are sat next to me this season and they are reluctant to put their arm round you when it's poznan time. Getting a conversation during the game is like drawing blood out of a stone. (this is sat in tier 2 just above the singing section). Season ticket sales have rocketed over the past couple of seasons, so these fans probably need to settle in.

The singing section could really galvanise the rest of the fans if they went at it for 90mins, they can be quiet a lot of the time. Good shout moving the away fans to the corner of the Colin Bell I think. As for the stadium, it isn't exactly ideal, doesn't help that the stands are quite far back from the pitch.

So I think it's a combination of factors really, the atmosphere is improving at matches though (remember the Pearce days?!), maybe we'll all start to loosen up when we finally get use to the idea that we can comfortably win games without having to put a three goal difference between ourselves and the opposition!

talkativesprout said:
Maybe 40,000 people just dont like you and spend an hour and a half swearing at their feet thinking i wish golden balls would fuck off :)

Waiting for him to go home and then all sneaking back in when he's fucked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.