Why hasn't Garry Cook...

ANY1aBLUE said:
Ardwick AFC said:
Maybe the owners would rather let the football do the talking, instead of spin doctors.

And it seems to be working!

Got to say, its a much better experience being a City fan this Season compared to last- without the USA type embarrassing glitz.
I hated that arrogant crap Cook peddled and it was only going to end in us being labelled 'the new rags'.
Now, no one at the club makes arrogant comments and everything is played down. This club has always been liked for its understated modesty when compared to the persistant loud mouth tosh that continually oozes out of the swamp.
Even in the 'glory days' we were liked for this. I didnt like the way it was going last season, thankfully, the ridding ourselves of that loudmouth has improved our chances of still being respected (if not liked) by other clubs.

Some of our fans are making enough arrogant comments to make up for Cookie's departure, though.

They sing it now!

Cook wanted to be all things to all people, but ultimately, he was just the type of person we needed at the time.

His American go-get attitude achieved things which will be felt by this club for decades to come.

Don't know if this is just a coincidence, but I work for Tesco, and have just received a message that David Potts, Tesco CEO for Asia, and lifelong Blue, is leaving his position on 12th June next year "to fulfil long held personal ambitions". Maybe something in that, maybe not. Watch this space!

Prestwich_Blue said:
m20.benny said:
cos he did fuck all probably and therefore doesn't need replacing.
Garry Cook's presentation to ADUG was the reason the Sheikh picked us over other clubs. So if you want to watch players like Samaras playing under a manager like Pearce then carry on with your delusion.

Well said that man, for all his faults Garry Cook did a superb job for us and this should never be overlooked

Prestwich_Blue said:
m20.benny said:
Garry Cook's presentation to ADUG was the reason the Sheikh picked us over other clubs. So if you want to watch players like Samaras playing under a manager like Pearce then carry on with your delusion.

It had a great deal more to do with Thaksin Shinawatra than Garry Cook.

twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
m20.benny said:

Evidence?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Evidence?

I employed a private detective and I can pm my dossier if you want.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Ardwick AFC said:
Maybe the owners would rather let the football do the talking, instead of spin doctors.

And it seems to be working!

Got to say, its a much better experience being a City fan this Season compared to last- without the USA type embarrassing glitz.
I hated that arrogant crap Cook peddled and it was only going to end in us being labelled 'the new rags'.
Now, no one at the club makes arrogant comments and everything is played down. This club has always been liked for its understated modesty when compared to the persistant loud mouth tosh that continually oozes out of the swamp.
Even in the 'glory days' we were liked for this. I didnt like the way it was going last season, thankfully, the ridding ourselves of that loudmouth has improved our chances of still being respected (if not liked) by other clubs.

That loudmouth rocketed are revenue and got us a fantastic shirt sponsorship with Umbro while driving are name all over the world with schemes that is trying to turn us into one of the biggest teams on the planet. Its a long road but the "loudmouth" put us on the right track and would of got us there if he could resist sending stupid emails. It was never his fault that for some reason he was used as a spokesperson during the 09/10 season which he was clearly shit at. I cant remember hearing much from him last season though as he was left to do the job he was quite clearly brilliant at

agree with this.

twinkletoes said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
twinkletoes said:

Evidence?

I employed a private detective and I can pm my dossier if you want.

Ha ha, what tosh - either you're the worst, and least, 'private' detective in the world or a big fat fibber................I know where my money is, but thanks for the laugh Mr Bond.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.