Why hasn't Garry Cook...

twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
m20.benny said:
cos he did fuck all probably and therefore doesn't need replacing.
Garry Cook's presentation to ADUG was the reason the Sheikh picked us over other clubs. So if you want to watch players like Samaras playing under a manager like Pearce then carry on with your delusion.

It had a great deal more to do with Thaksin Shinawatra than Garry Cook.
It's possible that City were one of the clubs in the frame (there were others) due to Thaksin but it was Cook that sold it. ADUG had some fairly strict high-level criteria and we were one of the clubs that met these. Not only did he sell the club itself to ADUG but they were looking at the whole concept as Manchester as a UK/European hub for Etihad & Abu Dhabi, which had to be sold to them.

This concept that Thaksin said "Sheikhy me old mate. I've got a bit of bovver I need to sort out. Do us a favour and take this football club off me 'ands. I'll do yer a decent price for cash" is somewhat fanciful.

Cook was certainly a bit naive in many ways as Ivan Gazidis (now at Arsenal) ran a mile when approached to take over from Mackintosh but Cook blundered straight in to what he admitted was a nightmare scenario. But gaffes aside (and there were a few) he did an excellent job for the club and us fans. It pains me that some people don't appreciate that.

-- Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:47 pm --

twinkletoes said:
I employed a private detective and I can pm my dossier if you want.
BB2.0's new username unmasked at last! ;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
This concept that Thaksin said "Sheikhy me old mate. I've got a bit of bovver I need to sort out. Do us a favour and take this football club off me 'ands. I'll do yer a decent price for cash" is somewhat fanciful.

Exactly. Seeing people praise Thaksin Shinawatra to the heavens used to infuriate me because he nearly ruined us and employed Mark Hughes as Manager. Our new Owners rid him from the Club as soon as they could. If anyone should be thanked, it's the people who neogiated City as permanent tenants of the Commonwealth Stadium because we'd never have been bought had we still been at Maine Road. Having that 48,000 all seater in place was a much better prospect because it meant no new ground from scratch. Just something to extend.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's possible that City were one of the clubs in the frame (there were others) due to Thaksin but it was Cook that sold it. ADUG had some fairly strict high-level criteria and we were one of the clubs that met these. Not only did he sell the club itself to ADUG but they were looking at the whole concept as Manchester as a UK/European hub for Etihad & Abu Dhabi, which had to be sold to them.

Yes. The redevelopment potential of the land around the ground was a crucial factor for them, and what the city itself had to ofer helped as well, but he managed to convince them that the whole 'project' was viable in a manner that they'd be happy with.

I've spoken to different people I respect in and around the club who speak very highly of Cook. Yes, he was gaffe-prone in public, but I also agree that we owe him a debt of thanks.

Prestwich_Blue said:
twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Garry Cook's presentation to ADUG was the reason the Sheikh picked us over other clubs. So if you want to watch players like Samaras playing under a manager like Pearce then carry on with your delusion.

It had a great deal more to do with Thaksin Shinawatra than Garry Cook.

Cook was certainly a bit naive in many ways as Ivan Gazidis (now at Arsenal) ran a mile when approached to take over from Mackintosh but Cook blundered straight in to what he admitted was a nightmare scenario. But gaffes aside (and there were a few) he did an excellent job for the club and us fans. It pains me that some people don't appreciate that.

-- Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:47 pm --

twinkletoes said:
I employed a private detective and I can pm my dossier if you want.
BB2.0's new username unmasked at last! ;-)

I am going to have to duck out of the Garry Cook love in.

Pride_In_Battle said:
Don't know if this is just a coincidence, but I work for Tesco, and have just received a message that David Potts, Tesco CEO for Asia, and lifelong Blue, is leaving his position on 12th June next year "to fulfil long held personal ambitions". Maybe something in that, maybe not. Watch this space!

Interesting.

Could well be our man.

Pride_In_Battle said:
Don't know if this is just a coincidence, but I work for Tesco, and have just received a message that David Potts, Tesco CEO for Asia, and lifelong Blue, is leaving his position on 12th June next year "to fulfil long held personal ambitions". Maybe something in that, maybe not. Watch this space!
Our new Moonchester is revealed at last!

Rammy Blue said:
Pride_In_Battle said:

Interesting.

Could well be our man.

All over twitter at the moment, this story is set to run.

bluwes said:
Rammy Blue said:
Pride_In_Battle said:

Interesting.

Could well be our man.

All over twitter at the moment, this story is set to run.

Well thats it then done deal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.