Why have we been written off?

Yeah but that's not true, is it? Last season most people predicted is to win the league, just like two seasons before that.

yes but the season before, and two before that, I'd say that most tipped us as existing champions.
Can you show us who 'most' were? My memory of last years predictions had the majority saying Chelsea would win it.

Can you show us who 'most' were? My memory of last years predictions had the majority saying Chelsea would win it.
No, because I'm on my phone on the shitter, in an hour I'm going on holiday and can't be arsed arguing agenda bollocks.

No, because I'm on my phone on the shitter, in an hour I'm going on holiday and can't be arsed arguing agenda bollocks.
Ok. Wasn't really an argument, just a different recollection to you. Not like you to be a dick about it though.

Ok. Wasn't really an argument, just a different recollection to you. Not like you to be a dick about it though.
What are you having a go at me for?

I've made a long post above about why I believe we are being written off. Your point is a straw man in response to a post I even deleted because I couldn't be arsed with an argument.

Anyway, time to wipe up, spray some air freshener. have a shower and get en route to the south of France ;-)

I've made a long post above about why I believe we are being written off. Your point is a straw man in response to a post I even deleted because I couldn't be arsed with an argument.

Anyway, time to wipe up, spray some air freshener. have a shower and get en route to the south of France ;-)

Bluemoon`s very on Mistral

It wasn't deleted when I replied to it. It's not a straw man if I'm just saying I remember the predictions differently to you, it might be a poor memory on my part, but that's all.
Enjoy your holiday.

I think some pundits write us off because many of them know which clubs bring in the most interest via internet clicks/social media and advertising for their employers.

City are still not quite up there with Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Liverpool in this respect.

It isn't really that they write City off, they just know that over-praising those other clubs brings in more cash from their customers.

Enjoy your holiday. We're off on Monday so I won't be devoting much time to football until after Watford, which I have to miss due to taking daughters to Reading Festival.

Can't be bothered reading much of this thread or be bothered with the pundits predictions. I do think a lot of them tipped Chelsea last year but also very few saw anyone other than City and Chelsea being the top 2. Judging by headlines I see, plenty of the media are down on our chances; which is fine. I am sure that if City get their act together, they can defy the negativity: the talent is there, regardless of whether we buy anyone else, and it is all about players being consistently at or near the top of their games. If we add some additional quality to the squad, the chances of us shoving it up various noses will just increase, possibly exponentially.

Agree with all of that mate, but I would also add that there's bias and personal agendas in there too. If you look at the BBC's poll of 30 TV's and Radio "experts", 22 have Chelsea winning it, 4 voted Arsenal, 2 United and 2 yes 2 voted City. And when asked for their top 4 predictions, overall we came fourth with the majority going Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City.

Now I am not suggesting that is impossible, but the weight of bias is too great imho to be down to simply being "uninformed". Many of these pundits are rags or chavs or tarquins or mates of rags or chavs or tarquins and not many (any?) of them are blues or mates of blues.

Looking back at the BBC pundits predictions for 2014 the majority had us in top 2 - 8 for 1st and 16 2nd. It was roughly the reverse of that for Chelsea.

From Daily Mail's article of various pundits' and journalists' predications, out of 10+ only Mike Keegan had us second. Everyone else had us down as 3rd or 4th, a couple had us for the FA Cup. Sure someone might have said already.

At the moment I'm not so optimistic at all, we've definitely worsened the squad. Sterling excellent buy but losing Dzeko, that's a lot of goals lost and Bony has to prove himself.

Hopefully our defence can keep their shit together this season and we have a lucky injury-free season without Sergio, Silva or Yaya missing games. Imagine a full season of Sergio Aguero.

We need at least two more world class signings I feel if we are going to challenge for the Champions League, we're well off atm in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.