Why have we been written off?

we were being written of in manuel,s first year as-well after we lost all the preseason matches etc and when we won it,the explanation was when you spend that much money ,your expected to win.

I think it's absurd that so many pundits have written off our chances, given that we've been in the top two for the last four seasons and are stronger with the signings of Sterling and De Bruyne (hopefully).

Shouldn't ignore the fact that several considered pundits, such as Daniel Taylor, have tipped us to win it though.

The key will be keeping Sergio fit as he is the one player we can ill-afford to lose. Similarly it feels like we have a much more lean squad, but more flexible, than over the past few years. If the players hit the form they are capable off we are the best team in the league. If they do not, or we suffer a serious injury crisis our options are vastly reduced in key areas

I think our season's success depends on whether we can keep key players injury-free (particularly our new no.10) and Yaya Toure. If Yaya has a good season a la 2013-14, we've got a good chance of winning the league. If we don't get De Bruyne and we have similar bad luck keeping key players available week in week out as previous seasons then we'll really struggle but I think every player knows it'd be unacceptable to finish lower than second nowadays so not worried about dropping below that. Hopefully we have the right mindset with cup competitions this year as the FA Cup I reckon could be ours. CL, with the current squad can't see past R16 which would be a shame not to progress (hopefully we get an easy group for once and good R16 draw but can't see with how ridiculously limited our options in the draw we're last year).

I think it's absurd that so many pundits have written off our chances, given that we've been in the top two for the last four seasons and are stronger with the signings of Sterling and De Bruyne (hopefully).

Shouldn't ignore the fact that several considered pundits, such as Daniel Taylor, have tipped us to win it though.
Murphy expects us to push Chelsea closer than last time ......that's before KDB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.