Why have we been written off?

The fickleness of the media is evident for all to see. One game in and we're favourites again and the only team capable of winning the league to do ourselves credit. One game.

Long way to go, fully behind the boys and as I said previously, it woudl take a combination of injuries and / or very poor form to several key players, at the same time, including Hart, Vinny, Yaya, Silva, and Aguero, to stop us challenging this year. Even then, we are stronger than last year, when we finished second, without impacting greatly on personnel. We've added, unlike Chelsea, and not needed a rebuild, like the scum. We're arguably the team who has strengthened most, buying what we needed to make us a better team effectively but relatively quietly, and without panicking either. You have to credit the whole team for that, including the execs. And Pelllegrini, who despite a summer of speculation and coming off the back of a disappointing campaign, is evidently very much up for the fight, and has the togetherness and command to bring back players once wrote off or dismissed, ie Vinny and Yaya, because he knows quality is permanent and form is temporary. Can't ask much more.

Chelsea will still be up there, Arsenal can't be written off after one defeat, and the scum may or may not gel and get OGs and pens every week. But those buffoons who were predicting no top four finish for Man City will be eating their words come Christmas, and that is something I'm confident of regardless of whether we win, lose or draw on the opening day. I'm also putting a cheeky punt on Engalnd to win the Euros and Sterling to be top scorer, why the hell not eh?

Glad I put money on us for the league before last night, hopefully we'll smash Chelsea next and go unbeaten for the rest of the year. But if not, don't panic. We're too good, too focused, to be out of the running. Maybe the same can not quite be said of our competition right now, so here's hoping we take full advantage :)

I assume that the media's minds work like that of 80% of our fan base, in the sense of that they saw us play shit over the pre-season and came up with the assumption that we're going to struggle and a top 6 finish looked like the best outcome for us!
total bollocks what they say.pre season is all about fitness and now about going to play I front of foreign fans. I remember a few yrs back we won all our pre season and had a shit season.

total bollocks what they say.pre season is all about fitness and now about going to play I front of foreign fans. I remember a few yrs back we won all our pre season and had a shit season.
Exactly this. I tried in vain to explain to people that City fielding various kids against Real Madrid, isn't anything to base expectation on.

Reverse psychology, the media are so bias toward us that they figured if they write us off it will give us motivation to prove them wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.