Why have we been written off?

Interesting you should say that, I was having a chat with a friend about this. Both of us felt that if they had a strong DM, somone to put in the tackles (in both contexts) then play a short pass forward, Arsenal would have have won much more than they have done in recent years.

However, as it's not the way AW want's to play, they will struggle.
Professional football titles are won in the mind, not on the drawing board.

I can see why they make Arsenal and Chelsea favorites because they clearly have a better defence. However, two things may help our cause, firstly Pellergrini needs to decide on his back four and stop this ridiculous nonsence of rotating just to keep the players happy. Secondly our leader and captain needs to get his form back and not go AWOL on his defensive duties.

I can see why they make Arsenal and Chelsea favorites because they clearly have a better defence. However, two things may help our cause, firstly Pellergrini needs to decide on his back four and stop this ridiculous nonsence of rotating just to keep the players happy. Secondly our leader and captain needs to get his form back and not go AWOL on his defensive duties.

Ever pundit I have had the misfortune to hear in the subject has used the defensive frailties shown by the reserves against Real Madrid and the "First Team" against Stuttgart as their reason for their prediction. In addition, I think there is a level of disapproval of Sterling (England's greatest young talent turned pariah!), regardless of the goals he has scored and the extra dimension he gives the team.

I think we have improved in a number of ways that seem to be being ignored. We have bought a player, Sterling, who is an out and out speedster, which allows us to play the long ball bypassing our free flowing midfield. That free flowing midfield had been considered our strongest asset, as it was the provider of both a few dozen goals every season and the provider of chances for the leagues most prolific striker. While it is one thing to ignore the team because we have "bought" success and have not strengthened our defence, it is impossible to ignore that in Joe Hart and Sergio Aguero, we have the Golden Gloves and Golden Ball winners from last season...."bad defence" and "oldest team in the league" headlines!

As usual, it is the teams that gobble media headlines that are all being touted. Good for them! Let them have the headlines today and lets just do what it is we do, quietly, effectively, and without drama....just as the good Sheikh likes....and let the so-called pundits have their 15 minutes of fame.

FWIW, I think it is a master stroke to give Pelle a new two year contract on the eve of the new season. Puts the only really negative drama point to bed...until they want to try to find drama where none exists, of course.

As a fan for almost 50 years, I actually LIKE the fact that we are not being talked about, because when we are it is almost universally negative. Heck, we just rolled out an unbelievable CFA, which is literally an incubator for future homegrown success, and yet we are either being chided for not giving these youngsters a chance (it has been open for about 6 months!!) or not even bigging up the likes of Denayer, a young Belgian international who won Scottish Player of the year while on loan from City! It boggles the mind how blinkered some in the media have become, and they would love nothing more than a quick return to the Sky Four (Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Liverpool) THEY created. Well, lads, sorry, but it ain't gonna happen any time soon!!

If we can blow WBA out of the water on Monday night, it will be the story of the week heading into the Chelsea game, and by two weeks into the League, the entire pre-season storyline COULD be being rewritten. Conversely, a lukewarm, Stuttgart-esque opener, followed by a loss at Stamford Bridge would play right into their hands.

COME ON CITY!!!

I was listening to 5 live the other night and everyone was agreeing that with Pellegrini leaving at the end of this season, the players would be unsettled and everything would be crap.

I had a little chuckle this morning when I read Pellegrini had signed a new contract.

These so called experts speak just as much crap as the rest of us. The only difference is they get paid for it.

In Sydney's main paper today 4 expert tipsters make their predictions , 3 go Arsenal 1 goes United. I reckon there's a 95% chance City or Chelsea will win and I just don't understand the arsenal tips. A lot went in their favour last year and they could only get third. How they are suddenly going to make up 18 points on Chelsea with a new ageing reserve keeper is utterly beyond me. As for the Rags they scraped 4th and look weaker up front.

City have addressed two of our biggest issues with Delph and sterling and after resting our South Americans maybe will start with a couple of new signings as getting ferna and zabba back will be like that, I can see how we can improve a lot, I can see Chelsea go back a little but I cannot for the life of me understand how a team with a spine as weak as arsenals can possibly win a title

Its fairly straightforward, we haven't managed to sign our targets and a lot of people (outside this forum) don't rate Pellegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.