Why is the crowd so quiet

MaineRoadmcfc said:
The atmosphere is shocking but Palace aside it isn't much worse than any other side in the league. Hopefully the 1894 group will get a dedicated block once the away fans are split up which will help get more songs going and like you see Selhurst Park with the Holmesdale Ultras. The atmosphere will get even worse if the away fans are moved and no new singing block is introduced as random fans will just buy tickets there and sit down like you see when away teams take smaller away numbers.

The cringey pre match and half time entertainment is more an issue to me tbh. That bloody montage video they before the game just makes me shake my head, as does the fans on the big screen making stupid score predictions. Doesn't exactly get you pumped up before the game. Especially annoying in the big the games where the club does everything to stop the singing ends from being heard, same with the two previous title wins, instead of letting the crowd sing the players the name the tannoy just blasts annoying pop songs drowning out the fans.

And don't get me started on the headache inducing tier two advertising boards, just makes the stadium even more soulless and lacking in identity as it was previously.

Also half time centre circle selfie? Fucking hell. Is there any thing more embarrassing in football than that.

I take it you're not a fan of the digital flags either? Whoever came up with the idea needs sacking.

mancityblue2014 said:
Swap the away fans with the south stand. So rather than have two sets of mostly standing, singing supporters trying to make noise separated by a wall of away support it would be the corner at 111 connected with that south stand. Now when one tried to start a song it would be double noise rather than a stupid fucking 3 sec delayed echo.

To this day I have no idea why that has not been done.

Dunne's own goal said:
mancityblue2014 said:
Swap the away fans with the south stand. So rather than have two sets of mostly standing, singing supporters trying to make noise separated by a wall of away support it would be the corner at 111 connected with that south stand. Now when one tried to start a song it would be double noise rather than a stupid fucking 3 sec delayed echo.

Because those in the South/East corner only moved there in the first place to be "next to the away fans" so they'd only then try and move to the other corner.

Blame those fans not the club.

Whitefield Blue said:
Dunne's own goal said:
mancityblue2014 said:

Because those in the South/East corner only moved there in the first place to be "next to the away fans" so they'd only then try and move to the other corner.

Blame those fans not the club.

This bloke had the answer..............

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNi2dxqKus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNi2dxqKus</a>

ballbag said:
I think its because nobody actually makes an effort to sing a few songs and then comes home and questions why its so quiet. Not aimed at you.
Atmosphere isn't just about singing. There are all the "come on"s, "go on"s, "fuck off"s, "well in"s, "Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty"s claps and "yyyeeesss!"s as well. None of that is there neither.

David Silva was pissed off that there was no noise from the crowd the other day. He gestured to the East Stand to get going - but it didn't happen.

Against the teams you'd expect us to beat, we sit or stand there and wait to be entertained sufficiently to sing four or five songs then we go home. That is the extent of our support in about 14 of the 19 Prem home games we play a season. Very poor! It's as bad at our ground as it is any of the quieter grounds in the league. Don't get me wrong, almost all grounds are shit, but we are one of the worst.

I am in an area that has a few people that will join in with the two standing areas start songs, but it isn't an area that will get songs going around the ground. As much as those in the standing (supposedly vocal) areas want to say "well why is it up to us to get the atmosphere going?!" the fact is, it is! It is at every single football stadium in Europe and South America and it is not any different at Manchester City. Granted, everyone around the ground in the other areas needs to be far more vocal with the "comes on"s etc. and be more reactive to join in with the songs that are started by the standing sections but the songs themsleves will only ever start and take off from the standing sections and spread from there because four people in a quiet block are just not going to get songs going around the ground regularly, it just won't happen.

One of the biggest things i think holds the rest of the ground back is that songs are not sung slow enough or for long enough by the vocal sections. It's very often a quick blast or two and then it's done, and the rest of the ground doesn't catch on to it. Then the other thing is for the people around the rest of the stadium to be brave enough to get going with the songs and, more importantly, all the "comes on"s etc.

KippaxCitizen said:
ballbag said:
I think its because nobody actually makes an effort to sing a few songs and then comes home and questions why its so quiet. Not aimed at you.
Atmosphere isn't just about singing. There are all the "come on"s, "go on"s, "fuck off"s, "well in"s, "Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty"s claps and "yyyeeesss!"s as well. None of that is there neither.

David Silva was pissed off that there was no noise from the crowd the other day. He gestured to the East Stand to get going - but it didn't happen.

Against the teams you'd expect us to beat, we sit or stand there and wait to be entertained sufficiently to sing four or five songs then we go home. That is the extent of our support in about 14 of the 19 Prem home games we play a season. Very poor! It's as bad at our ground as it is any of the quieter grounds in the league. Don't get me wrong, almost all grounds are shit, but we are one of the worst.

I am in an area that has a few people that will join in with the two standing areas start songs, but it isn't an area that will get songs going around the ground. As much as those in the standing (supposedly vocal) areas want to say "well why is it up to us to get the atmosphere going?!" the fact is, it is! It is at every single football stadium in Europe and South America and it is not any different at Manchester City. Granted, everyone around the ground in the other areas needs to be far more vocal with the "comes on"s etc. and be more reactive to join in with the songs that are started by the standing sections but the songs themsleves will only ever start and take off from the standing sections and spread from there because four people in a quiet block are just not going to get songs going around the ground regularly, it just won't happen.

One of the biggest things i think holds the rest of the ground back is that songs are not sung slow enough or for long enough by the vocal sections. It's very often a quick blast or two and then it's done, and the rest of the ground doesn't catch on to it. Then the other thing is for the people around the rest of the stadium to be brave enough to get going with the songs and, more importantly, all the "comes on"s etc.
Don't know where you sit but down in the north stand we havnt got a clue unless its a well known chant what either of the armfolders sections are singing .it really dosnt travel well

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The Gene Kelly was indisputably part of the North Stand.
Was it?
I think the open corner was re-cemented when the North Stand was built but it remained as terracing when seats were put in the North Stand in the summer of 1972 and was clearly part of the old Kippax. - You could walk from the corner into the Kippax and vice-versa.
And access for home fans was via the Kippax turnstiles as has already been mentioned. This might not have been the case when away fans were in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.