Why is the crowd so quiet

I have a 15 year old son who loves city & much prefers to go away as he enjoys the atmosphere. At home tomorrow his seat for 109 where he'd join in & sing all 90 mins+ if encouraged to is £27!!! If I buy him a seat in the family stand where he can sit & be quiet all game it's £17 - as a single mum with 3 City mad lads where am I going to get him a ticket for? The club could help this & allow the new generation to join in & not sit where most of the songs can't be sung because of the vocabulary!!

jg2886 said:
I have a 15 year old son who loves city & much prefers to go away as he enjoys the atmosphere. At home tomorrow his seat for 109 where he'd join in & sing all 90 mins+ if encouraged to is £27!!! If I buy him a seat in the family stand where he can sit & be quiet all game it's £17 - as a single mum with 3 City mad lads where am I going to get him a ticket for? The club could help this & allow the new generation to join in & not sit where most of the songs can't be sung because of the vocabulary!!

Try my family stand version
Oh Pablo Zabaleta he is a city man

jg2886 said:

£30.00 my 14 to 17 yr old season ticket cost myself in 1987. I understand things change but those in charge have to realise that young fellas like your son are the future. I have got three lad's and it will be a £100 for me, that's without the burgers and everything else.

Before anyone starts with the buy a season ticket, some of us don't earn enough Monday to Friday and have to work Saturday's.

mancityblue2014 said:
bluemoon98 said:

Yeah every corner of the ground getting involved - ah gives me goosebumps all the time :)

I wish people recorded these 'amazing atmosphere' vids they would be quiet. We might actually be able to hear anything other than themselves.

So you're saying if a city fan was dedicated to recording videos home and away and an atmosphere like that arises you would sit there in complete silence? Jesus get real.

Most home crowds are very quiet in the premiership , its not just us , (the dippers vociferous home support is a myth , i have a couple mates who have season tickets at klanfield , and they admit their crowd only "gets up" for half a dozen big games , brenda just perpertuates the myth that it is a fortress , it s load of bollocks). One of the only exceptions is Palace , and thats because the novelty of the premiership hasnt worn off ,But with family stands , comfy seats , excellent catering facilitiies etc , the game is attracting a different clientele , and we are now classed as customers and not supporters , its the future of the game , its all about the money , and how much clubs can fleece out of their supporters , sad but true. The upside is i am watching the best football team i have ever seen , and some truly magical players , and i believe the entertainment our club provides on the pitch, is worth every penny.

One of the biggest things i think holds the rest of the ground back is that songs are not sung slow enough or for long enough by the vocal sections. It's very often a quick blast or two and then it's done, and the rest of the ground doesn't catch on to it. Then the other thing is for the people around the rest of the stadium to be brave enough to get going with the songs and, more importantly, all the "comes on"s etc.[/quote]

Glad somebody pointed this out as it is a true fact. We can't sing a song if by the time people have heard it the song is fading to the end, we are also never going to get songs being sung by 500 people when only 30 people know the words because of it being an old song about a player from 10 years ago. The best singing is done by away fans that keep a song going for a minute or so, for example sing the vinny song 4 or 5 times over so more of the stadium catches on. Keeping the 'singing the blues' going for 12 minutes at Leicester is a fine example of this.

If we are to get the atmosphere going again though the biggest shake up is going to have to be a change in culture on how we watch football. At Dortmund 25,000 fans stay after the final whistle to cheer on their team even though they got beat 2-1 at home. In the PL and at city if the home team wins 2-1 small groups of fans clap the team off as by now the stadium is only a quarter full.

Sky sports / motd / talksport and many other pundit run programmes have created a very negative attitude towards the game which leads by criticism rather than credit. The mini experts in these programmes have lead to fans having a negative opinion on football so a lot of fans criticise a game rather than enjoy the entertainment. If we are happy watching football we are likely to sing more, when we are in a dull mood thinking a game is boring we moan and stay quiet.

If you watch footage from a game in Argentina fans are happy and singing an hour before the game starts, often packing the stadium out waving flags way before players come on the pitch. Fans are proud to be there and want to lift the roof for the love of the club not the final result. In PL when the players arrive on the pitch 25% of the fans are having that last minute pint or a gamble on the concourse. Price of a ticket or a pint has nothing to do with stadiums being quiet, just as much as needing to get the bus or a lift home so fans start to drift away on 78 minutes. It's a culture change in the way we watch football today when we go to the ground.

The clubs also have to take blame, they try to dictate how we watch football, spend our money there, try to make us focus on the cheeses shite played on screens as we build up to the kick off. At times the club are about as much in touch with fans as politicians are with the real world, safe standing being a prime example. The club will not change though as every year somebody new comes to the club to lay on entertainment, so it's down to us the fans to watch football as it should be... Enjoy it, support the team, sing....

Apart from Mr Gimble "Atmosphere" you are taking the piss if you think that mobile video "Come on City" is atmosphere. Atmosphere is getting thrown 20 metres down the left hand corner of the Kippax when we crossed the halfway line.

trevorriley said:
One of the biggest things i think holds the rest of the ground back is that songs are not sung slow enough or for long enough by the vocal sections. It's very often a quick blast or two and then it's done, and the rest of the ground doesn't catch on to it. Then the other thing is for the people around the rest of the stadium to be brave enough to get going with the songs and, more importantly, all the "comes on"s etc.

Glad somebody pointed this out as it is a true fact. We can't sing a song if by the time people have heard it the song is fading to the end, we are also never going to get songs being sung by 500 people when only 30 people know the words because of it being an old song about a player from 10 years ago. The best singing is done by away fans that keep a song going for a minute or so, for example sing the vinny song 4 or 5 times over so more of the stadium catches on. Keeping the 'singing the blues' going for 12 minutes at Leicester is a fine example of this.

If we are to get the atmosphere going again though the biggest shake up is going to have to be a change in culture on how we watch football. At Dortmund 25,000 fans stay after the final whistle to cheer on their team even though they got beat 2-1 at home. In the PL and at city if the home team wins 2-1 small groups of fans clap the team off as by now the stadium is only a quarter full.

Sky sports / motd / talksport and many other pundit run programmes have created a very negative attitude towards the game which leads by criticism rather than credit. The mini experts in these programmes have lead to fans having a negative opinion on football so a lot of fans criticise a game rather than enjoy the entertainment. If we are happy watching football we are likely to sing more, when we are in a dull mood thinking a game is boring we moan and stay quiet.

If you watch footage from a game in Argentina fans are happy and singing an hour before the game starts, often packing the stadium out waving flags way before players come on the pitch. Fans are proud to be there and want to lift the roof for the love of the club not the final result. In PL when the players arrive on the pitch 25% of the fans are having that last minute pint or a gamble on the concourse. Price of a ticket or a pint has nothing to do with stadiums being quiet, just as much as needing to get the bus or a lift home so fans start to drift away on 78 minutes. It's a culture change in the way we watch football today when we go to the ground.

The clubs also have to take blame, they try to dictate how we watch football, spend our money there, try to make us focus on the cheeses shite played on screens as we build up to the kick off. At times the club are about as much in touch with fans as politicians are with the real world, safe standing being a prime example. The club will not change though as every year somebody new comes to the club to lay on entertainment, so it's down to us the fans to watch football as it should be... Enjoy it, support the team, sing....[/quote]

I've never seen the point of singing when the players arent on the pitch, How will it motivate them?

If fans are singing an hour before the game starts then it must be as part of some sort of cultural thing separate from the game itself. I can see the argument that if all fans are in their seats 5 mins before the players come out then the atmosphere will be better when the players come out. But not an hour before. That's just singing for people who like singing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.