Why is the crowd so quiet

To many moaning cunts,there's this little old bloke on the front row of I think 221,all he does is jump up to shout abuse.For some reason boo'd like fuck when Milner was coming off the other day.I wanna throw the **** over !

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
They of course gave a chorus of 'we're singing in the rain'. Can't believe you even asked that.

Are you accusing them of "Only Got One Song"?

I'll have you know the Gene Kelly bit between the Kippax and North Stand were the loudest fans in the ground per head towards the end. Perhaps because it was cheap, perhaps because it was next to the away fans, perhaps because it was the easiest place in the entire ground to jib into and often had people two to a seat, but they were a special lot of mad bastards them lot.

I always considered them part of the North Stand, controversially.

Great access to the ambush point for the away fans after the game too.

What about that other Gene Kelly at the Platt Lane end? That's was a wierd one. They can only have been the last 200 fans to get tickets because that stand was really shit. Had nothing at all going for it.

Their song must have been "one choice. We only had one choice"

To be fair, they got the anoraks on rainy days before the North/Kippax section. Can't put a price on keeping that Racing Post and pack of Golden Virginia dry. Well you can, it's an extra four quid for a stand with a roof but still.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The Gene Kelly was indisputably part of the North Stand.

Wasn't the access through the kippax turnstile wall? I'd say that made them kippaxites to be honest. When that bit was an open terrace ("windy corner") it was definitely part of the kippax.

I think you and Damocles are just trying to retrospectively get some street cred for the shit seats.

J Block. They never had a song or an identity. They were neither Main Stand or North stand.

Didsbury Dave said:

Wasn't the access through the kippax turnstile wall? I'd say that made them kippaxites to be honest. When that bit was an open terrace ("windy corner") it was definitely part of the kippax.

I think you and Damocles are just trying to retrospectively get some street cred for the shit seats.

J Block. They never had a song or an identity. They were neither Main Stand or North stand.

Only sat in J Block twice.

4-0 won over Norwich in 1977
2-0 defeat to Oxford in 1998.

From Kevin Keelan to Kevin Francis.

Didsbury Dave said:

Pfft, every knows that all the cool kids sat in the Main Stand and were excited for their future visit to the Kippax underground shopping mall and leisure facility.

I bet it would have had a Wimpy and everything.

yayas trusty right foot said:
Why is the atmosphere so poor at our home games?

The away team fans always seem to sound louder than us, it cannot be blamed on the stadium as when we play in the important games the atmosphere is great..

We have a great team, we should be singing loud and proud.

where do you sit?

Reference the replies from GDM and DD about the Gene Kelly "No it wasn't" ! The GK was just a desperate place for those who were last in line who had put up with plenty of rubbish in the 90's and these were the only seats left now that a bit of decent stuff was back on offer. Absolutely nothing romantic about it.

As for the original question the answers have been said a thousand times. The Stadium design hasn't allowed for an atmosphere. The cost of tickets has ruled out young teenage lads attending matches with their mates and the real "biggie" - we have a rapidly ageing fanbase. I am 53. If I can be arsed buying a ticket then I want to sit down in my comfy seat and go "wow" over the things that Yaya, Merlin and Kun are doing to the opposition. I don't want to be sat amongst some noisy fuckers singing about Sheik Mansour and Lamboughini's.

I think the main guy who tries to whip this all up for the 1894 group who posts on here is called "We are the Northstand"; a good poster on lots of stuff but even if the club offered him a full time job on a couple of grand a year more than whatever he gets now for whatever he does and give him a little team of five or six and backed his ideas with hard cash then the poor kid is still going to be flogging a dead horse.

Times have changed.

The atmosphere is shocking but Palace aside it isn't much worse than any other side in the league. Hopefully the 1894 group will get a dedicated block once the away fans are split up which will help get more songs going and like you see Selhurst Park with the Holmesdale Ultras. The atmosphere will get even worse if the away fans are moved and no new singing block is introduced as random fans will just buy tickets there and sit down like you see when away teams take smaller away numbers.

The cringey pre match and half time entertainment is more an issue to me tbh. That bloody montage video they before the game just makes me shake my head, as does the fans on the big screen making stupid score predictions. Doesn't exactly get you pumped up before the game. Especially annoying in the big the games where the club does everything to stop the singing ends from being heard, same with the two previous title wins, instead of letting the crowd sing the players the name the tannoy just blasts annoying pop songs drowning out the fans.

And don't get me started on the headache inducing tier two advertising boards, just makes the stadium even more soulless and lacking in identity as it was previously.

Also half time centre circle selfie? Fucking hell. Is there any thing more embarrassing in football than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.