Why is the crowd so quiet

deafmanstevo said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Atmosphere wasn't bad today compared to similar games like this. There was quite a bit of singing in the 2nd half in the corner and South Stand... just that no noise seems to come from anywhere else in the stadium unless we score.

The empty seats... god knows. People do have reasons for non-attendance but more of our fans seem to have reasons than fans of most other clubs who actually sell out their stadium like we do (as opposed to simply being unable to sell tickets). Could barely see any at White Hart Lane. But much of this phenomenon is due to the Family Stand, which is at least 20% empty for over 3/4 of our league games, yet you have people sat at home who were told this morning the match is sold out and they might have walked up on the day if they could have one of those seats.
It is ridiculous, huge rows empty of seats you don't see it anywhere else in the prem on that scale. Very weird.

There's not a lot you can do about it, I've accepted it in another post I've said its unique to city, some posters will bang on that' other clubs have empty seats too, and it's New Year's Day and people will be hungover, but I watched the first half of stoke v scum and it was full, then went to watch city , then came home watched most of spuds v Chelsea witch was full.
Some can't accept that we have more empty seats than other big clubs, and for some reason think others have empty seats too. But I have and it doesn't bother me. It just the way it is, I just enjoy the football with my son and hope city win
I wouldn't say it bothers me I just find it weird

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/Ow9uE1vF2nH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/Ow9uE1vF2nH</a>

Sold out yet there are huge numbers of empty seats. I presume viagogo are getting a set amount of tickets of every game which are not being sold.

Only at City could you get the scenario that when it has never been better on the pitch the actual match day experience has become pretty shit, it is down to a number of reasons so it is here to stay unless the club/fans feel bothered enough to try and do something about it

hilts said:
Only at City could you get the scenario that when it has never been better on the pitch the actual match day experience has become pretty shit, it is down to a number of reasons so it is here to stay unless the club/fans feel bothered enough to try and do something about it

All the club care about is the ever increasing money they are taking in.

LoveCity said:
The away fans should be a non-entity... an irritating presence far up in the gods in a corner of level 3 and that's it. Not in our face, able to support their team so close to the pitch and separating the two areas that are supposedly our singing sections. As a home team, you really want to exploit every little advantage you can... like the way they aren't giving the away team heated seats. They should also not give away teams the encouragement of 1-3,000 diehard fans in the South Stand because yes, fans can make a difference and players always say they can get a little bit extra from them. At least they will be narrowing the away area over 3 tiers in the expansion, but would still prefer them to just be out of the way.

Excellent post and when the f@@k will the club get onto this ???

quiet_riot said:
hilts said:

I agree but it is short sighted, a good atmosphere helps the players and also sells the club to future fans, the fact certain season ticket holders are quite happy to miss games and watch on tv/stream shows how the actual buzz of going to a game is not there for many

I had a season ticket but gave it up this year for financial reasons, i have seen all our games and only been to one game and i must admit the difference between going and watching it live isn't as big as it should be

Is the match day experience worth a grand of my money when i don't have a lot to throw about? not so sure to be honest

The quiet issue isn't just City. There is a major problem at St James Park (wife's a dyed in the wool Geordie so I get there a lot more than City). Unless the team is flying the place is like a library.
I don't know why all City fans seem to think its specific to The Etihad.

Its only going to get worse when they do this expansion. If they're not going now why will they go when its a bigger stadium. Totally agree with the previous posts about the ridiculous situation where our singing sections have been split by the away fans. I guess the city fans don't have enough "clout" in matters like this like say the rags or the Arsenal fans would and arn't deemed important to the club.

A few teams seem to have this problem. The atmosphere was a joke at Liverpool and Everton games a few weeks ago. It was shocking how quiet it was, so it's not just us.

Man City fans have always been quiet in my experience. At Maine Road we were noisier but even then when we were more vocal, in contrast to the opposition we were often less vocal. Where I sit there's barely a murmur unless a pass goes astray but with Silva and Ya Ya in midfield that rarely happens unless a shit refereeing decision ensues. We're blessed with watching our wonderful players playing for Man City and quietly enjoy the spectacle, the opposition can sing their tunes to their wont.

hilts said:
quiet_riot said:
hilts said:

I agree but it is short sighted, a good atmosphere helps the players and also sells the club to future fans, the fact certain season ticket holders are quite happy to miss games and watch on tv/stream shows how the actual buzz of going to a game is not there for many

I had a season ticket but gave it up this year for financial reasons, i have seen all our games and only been to one game and i must admit the difference between going and watching it live isn't as big as it should be

Is the match day experience worth a grand of my money when i don't have a lot to throw about? not so sure to be honest

Still do not understand why if you have a season ticket but are unable to go to a game you do not give your ticket to someone else. Maybe the club should encourage fans who know they cannot attend in advance to contact them (a freephone call setup) and instruct them it is OK to sell their seat for that game.

Maybe some of the empty seat are rich Man Utd fans who have bought tickets and will never go, so they can point out there are empty spaces in the stands (mainly Family stand). Or maybe this is taking conspiracy theories to far ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.