Why is the crowd so quiet

citymad said:
Its only going to get worse when they do this expansion. If they're not going now why will they go when its a bigger stadium. Totally agree with the previous posts about the ridiculous situation where our singing sections have been split by the away fans. I guess the city fans don't have enough "clout" in matters like this like say the rags or the Arsenal fans would and arn't deemed important to the club.

Agree. the away fans should be moved and tucked away out of sight and let City fans have a larger singing section.

The club should deal with this at least for the start of next season.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
deafmanstevo said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
It is ridiculous, huge rows empty of seats you don't see it anywhere else in the prem on that scale. Very weird.

There's not a lot you can do about it, I've accepted it in another post I've said its unique to city, some posters will bang on that' other clubs have empty seats too, and it's New Year's Day and people will be hungover, but I watched the first half of stoke v scum and it was full, then went to watch city , then came home watched most of spuds v Chelsea witch was full.
Some can't accept that we have more empty seats than other big clubs, and for some reason think others have empty seats too. But I have and it doesn't bother me. It just the way it is, I just enjoy the football with my son and hope city win
I wouldn't say it bothers me I just find it weird

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/Ow9uE1vF2nH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/Ow9uE1vF2nH</a>

Sold out yet there are huge numbers of empty seats. I presume viagogo are getting a set amount of tickets of every game which are not being sold.

Maybe, and this is a stab in the dark, the 'owners' of those empty seats were making use of the excellent bar facilities and tv's in the nice dry concourse instead of getting pissed on in their seats. I know i would've.

stonerblue said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
deafmanstevo said:
There's not a lot you can do about it, I've accepted it in another post I've said its unique to city, some posters will bang on that' other clubs have empty seats too, and it's New Year's Day and people will be hungover, but I watched the first half of stoke v scum and it was full, then went to watch city , then came home watched most of spuds v Chelsea witch was full.
Some can't accept that we have more empty seats than other big clubs, and for some reason think others have empty seats too. But I have and it doesn't bother me. It just the way it is, I just enjoy the football with my son and hope city win

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/Ow9uE1vF2nH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/Ow9uE1vF2nH</a>

Sold out yet there are huge numbers of empty seats. I presume viagogo are getting a set amount of tickets of every game which are not being sold.

Maybe, and this is a stab in the dark, the 'owners' of those empty seats were making use of the excellent bar facilities and tv's in the nice dry concourse instead of getting pissed on in their seats. I know i would've.

Fair point about yesterday but the owners of most of those seats (and their kids) must spend the game in the bar for most home games if your theory is correct.

I think DD was correct earlier in the thread when he saidnthe tickets were very cheap in the North Stand so some people didn't mind missing games. I'm not suggesting price increases as there will be a lot of committed family supporters we don't want to price out!

Sometimes you can't go to every match and viagogo is not that good. Can only use it in prem league matches. I'm sure if there was an easy ticket exchange / buy we'd get more people in seats. Also city don't take your ticket back for re sale within the week so it's going to be empty if something pops up and you can't make it...

No there's a specific problem in the first few rows behind the North Stand goal. It rained all over the country, and in all the other stands at City but the problem is specific to the first few rows in the North Stand. It's been suggested that these are not sold though the Ticket Office and this could be true.

As for atmosphere there's lots of reasons. A lot of it is down to changes in expectation. Fans come to games like Burnley and Sunderland and expect easy wins.

Spurs played Chelsea yesterday and apparently it was a fantastic atmosphere. Look who they were playing, and how they were playing - most un-Spurs like.

Watch some of the Arsenal Fan TV videos, and see the passion there. That crowd is seething, very, very passionate. Almost fighting amongst themselves, but they don't sing. For some reason, there's a culture developing of which singing is not part unless it's a big game.

Rows of empty seats were down to the bad pricing, £48 vs a park the bus team! Suck my chuddies MCFC - going to the Sheff Wed game though :)

stonerblue said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
deafmanstevo said:

Can't some people go without a fuckin lager (watered down piss) for 90 minutes for fuck sake.
Anyway,why does anyone give a fuck,still 40 odd thousand there.

City1974 said:
citymad said:
Its only going to get worse when they do this expansion. If they're not going now why will they go when its a bigger stadium. Totally agree with the previous posts about the ridiculous situation where our singing sections have been split by the away fans. I guess the city fans don't have enough "clout" in matters like this like say the rags or the Arsenal fans would and arn't deemed important to the club.

Agree. the away fans should be moved and tucked away out of sight and let City fans have a larger singing section.

Where do you want to move the away fans to and who is going to sit in this expanded "singing section?"
(the people that have been chased out of their preferred seats that dont sing?)

law74 said:
City1974 said:
citymad said:

As I mentioned in atmosphere 220 thread why not put the away fans under 220.
Can't be seen on tv and the singing section and South stand can join together.
South stand level 2 are trying and its getting better every game even though we got drenched yesterday.
Ole ole.!!

Where do you want to move the away fans to and who is going to sit in this expanded "singing section?"
(the people that have been chased out of their preferred seats that dont sing?)

I have preferred going to my local in wythenshawe than the match this season. I didn't renew this year as the price was too much. The cheesefest has completely ruined it. Clubs only arsed about the tarquins of Cheshire on their ipads instead of the the group's of lads that just need cheap beer to get it rocking.

I have no desire at the moment to even go as i just find it boring now. But if you asked me 3 years ago i had a completely different attitude to it.

City are losing touch with what football is all about for fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.