Why is the crowd so quiet

manchester blue said:
xgorton said:
Need standing areas in South stand.

Everyone stands in there now. It seems to me the South Stand are more interested in "banter" with away fans than getting behind the team.

That's because their songs can't spread. If the entire South stand was transposed into the blocks next to the singing area the atmosphere would improve massively. It might not be like galatasary, because it never was, but there would be more and louder singing.

For the thousandth time, if the club miss the opportunity to solve this at the end of the season they are idiots.

Think if people put the effort in it will catch on - people want to resolve this but sitting in silence won't help, new year revolution from everyone is they shall sing in the new year starting at the sunderland game and the wednesday game hoping it will keep the atmosphere up! ;)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere. The average age of our crowd must be about 50. In blackcrowes videos you can see how old even our away fanbase is.

Stadium design has nothing to do with it. If it did why were the Poznan,Aris, Dortmund fans so loud, we just need people to actually sing.

applauds.

All the examples shown and quoted on here have one thing in common - they chant simple chants, not sing fast 'complicated' lyrics.
We get through one verse of songs and people are out of time and just stop.
we need to slow the songs down and make them more chant like...but I'm no lyrics writer so don't expect me to do it!

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere. The average age of our crowd must be about 50. In blackcrowes videos you can see how old even our away fanbase is.

Stadium design has nothing to do with it. If it did why were the Poznan,Aris, Dortmund fans so loud, we just need people to actually sing.

Although price plays a big part in terms of attendance, it has no correlation with singing. 45,000 people were at the game yesterday, you've got to think at least 10,000 of those were between the 18-35 bracket, but still no one was singing. 35,000 City fans went to the Wednesday game in the cup which cost nothing and there still wasn't any singing. Whereas Crystal Palace average about 22,000 a game, charge similar prices (in a more affluent area I'll admit) and have the best crowd in the country. It's not to do with price, it's more to do with encouragement, and that encouragement has to be fan led. But that crowd led encouragement needs to be facilitated by the club which at this moment in time isn't happening as much as it should, but things are changing.

I think some of the songs where the whole crowd have joined in, have died off a bit recently.

Fans of the invisible man was one that got a lot joining in. Blue moon was another, stand up if you love city seems to come out now and again but is now largely ignored and the Poznan that got all the fans involved has gone.

A lot of the other songs are not going to get everyone involved especially those with kids.

I've got a few German mates, Dortmund & Bayern fans. I asked them why their support is so vociferous & well organised. They told me the supporters clubs set up a body to direct the fans, sometimes they have a loudspeaker. Notice the next time we cop for Bayern or Dortmund they will be a guy at the front with his back to the pitch for most of the game. Maybe something for the 1894 team to ponder??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.