Why isn't Adam Johnson starting?

LoveCity said:
zeven said:
some Swedish experts had som pretty cool stats, where Milner is the player who have created most goal scoring chances in PL so far this season.

It's true, Milner has had one of the best assist rates in the entire league for a while now and is a quality player. Which makes it more puzzling that he is out on the wing when he is best in the middle. It is as if Mancini is obligated to play certain players for various reasons but with Barry out of form, this is surely the opportunity to give Milner a run in the middle and give Johnson or Balotelli the spot freed up out wide, while also keeping Silva on the field. At least against teams we can take it to and beat, maybe the more cynical defensive approach is required in certain games (ie, Chelsea).
OH this stats, comes from this season, when he has played out wide! until now he have created 3.64 real chances on average per game! but he dont do it the fancy way therefor ppl forget!

Johnson at the moment IMO is a 60 minute player, still not fully properley established yet.

makes more of an impact coming on a sub, sometimes he does too much, mancini has identified that now.

He's sometimes better coming on at important times in a game against team, i do agree with everyone though, he should definitely of come on yesterday for Milner,

bringing balotelli on was silly, if we was 3-0 up then yes maybe bring him on, mancini got that call wrong yesterday.

Freestyler said:
Johnson at the moment IMO is a 60 minute player, still not fully properley established yet.

makes more of an impact coming on a sub, sometimes he does too much, mancini has identified that now.

He's sometimes better coming on at important times in a game against team, i do agree with everyone though, he should definitely of come on yesterday for Milner,

bringing balotelli on was silly, if we was 3-0 up then yes maybe bring him on, mancini got that call wrong yesterday.

Who had more chance of doing something special? Even with his injury problems, I'd have guessed a world class Balotelli, not an inconsistent AJ.

Freestyler said:

why ?<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
CTID Chris said:
Freestyler said:

Who had more chance of doing something special? Even with his injury problems, I'd have guessed a world class Balotelli, not an inconsistent AJ.

this

Freestyler said:

We are 3-0 down! AJ have played two games in what? 5 days?. why risk him?. Second, Balotelli need time on the pitch, new team, new league, coming back from injury. It was the right call.

CTID Chris said:
Freestyler said:

a player whos been out injured for months?

.............or a player who's come off the bench endless amount of times and changed the game this season, scored a goal, or even won us the game?

clearly Johnson should of been brought on yesterday, i've spoke to ALOT of city fans since the game, your the first who disagrees.

Freestyler said:
CTID Chris said:

.............or a player who's come off the bench endless amount of times and changed the game this season, scored a goal, or even won us the game?

clearly Johnson should of been brought on yesterday, i've spoke to ALOT of city fans since the game, your the first who disagrees.
I disagree as well, see my post prior to this one, for obvious reasons.

Freestyler said:
CTID Chris said:

'endless amount of times'?

Name one time this season. He didn't change the game against Newcastle, Adebayor did.

I think he's overrated due to being young and English. Good player but not an automatic selection.

after 55 minutes johnson should of come on for Milner why the game was still there to be had, we still had a chance, milner was appauling.

we had nobody who was running at them, only silva was doing it, he did well, but we had no width, milner gave it away all the time.

we was missing that wing play, especially with adebayor on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.