Why isn't Adam Johnson starting?

Freestyler said:
after 55 minutes johnson should of come on for Milner why the game was still there to be had, we still had a chance, milner was appauling.

we had nobody who was running at them, only silva was doing it, he did well, but we had no width, milner gave it away all the time.

we was missing that wing play, especially with adebayor on the pitch.

I'm sorry mate, but I have to disagree with you again.

Milner had a very good game, clearly I watch the games differently to the majority. We needed to win the ball, and make the most of it when we won it. AJ is too wasteful, and doesn't work as hard to win the ball back as Milner, through positioning, tracking runs and tackling.

Stretching arsenal with width is fine when you're 11v11, but a more compact strategy was necessary yesterday.

Obviously the Balotelli sub didn't work as Mancini wanted, but the risk was worth taking when looking at the other viable options.

MancM13 said:
I think he's overrated due to being young and English. Good player but not an automatic selection.

He frightens defenders. He runs at them, he can turn them inside out and he creates chances.

At that moment in time that was what we needed. Milner does not frighten defenders and Balotelli was only ever going to be just gaining a bit of fitness.

If we want to score goals, and traditionally this is usually what teams want to do, then Adam Johnson is up there with Tevez and Silva as our biggest hope of providing them, whether you think he is over rated or not.

silva has 3 assists, milner has 3 assists. johnno has 0. there is your answer.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 pm --<br /><br />silva has 3 assists, milner has 3 assists. johnno has 0. there is your answer.

Tevez City said:
I thought NDJ played 3 games last week ! so its not an excuse not to start with AJ !!!

NDJ had a two week rest during the international break, AJ did not!

Also he had two starts before the Arsenal game, he's not the only player in the SQUAD.

zeven said:
NewbBlue said:
Milner doesn't seem like a winger to me. Villa fans tell me he's effective in the middle but we're misusing him on the wing.
some Swedish experts had som pretty cool stats, where Milner is the player who have created most goal scoring chances in PL so far this season.

Exactly! He was top in PL assists last season and has the most so far for us in the league this season.

Johnson is 21 and started the last 2 games for us this week... He needs managing and mancini's playing it just right at the moment.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:31 pm --<br /><br />
kidash said:
silva has 3 assists, milner has 3 assists. johnno has 0. there is your answer.

-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 pm --

silva has 3 assists, milner has 3 assists. johnno has 0. there is your answer.

Milner has 4 in the PL actually.

How did the balotelli gamble fail, to me he was brought In to a game that was over, to get some mins on the pitch, in the long run it was the right subsitution. AJ coming on would not have changed the outcome.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=191966&hilit=johnson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=191966&hilit=johnson</a>

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192074&hilit=johnson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192074&hilit=johnson</a>

Brother?

Dad?

Agent?

Obsessed Fan?

i think Mancini is getting it wrong atm by not playing milner in the middle and dropping Barry. Barry is experienced yes and he knows when to foul a player to stop a break and pass the ball back or sideways and he tries..but milner is faster, has more stamina, gets in better positions to shoot, is a better crosses, has a better shot. and by doing that we could go 4312 with Silva behind tevez and balo/ade. or we could go 433 with Silva tevez and Johnson as the front line.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Plus Milner's got McManaman-syndrome written all over him at the moment. Great debut but done fuck all since and I rated him at Villa.

Well i didn't rate him at Villa , or at Newcastle come to that ......

and now you can see why!

As for Adam Johnson ...... he SHOULD be starting ...... he wants to play , and if we don't let him he'll fuck off somewhere where they will!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.