Why isn't Adam Johnson starting?

Milner is better in defense and a better all round midfielder, which is crucial to Mancini when we come against the top teams.

Because he's too predictable.

When he does start, he gets figured out after fifteen minutes and gets closed out of the game. He then gets taken off after 70 minutes and we worry about whether he's good enough or not; Blackpool is a good example. He had a great first 10 minutes but after that we didn't see anything from him. However, against Newcastle, he comes on as an impact player and scores. It was the same against Sunderland last season. He's too predictable: he won't go outside and he won't use his right foot, and until he does, he won't be the complete winger we all think he is.

what the hell is everyones problem?

Johnson has started 2 games in 5 days... and mancini made a decision v arsenal that he thought was best for the team.

i really do not see the problem.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I just don't understand it and I know I'm not the only one, every football fan on the planet can see he should be playing and how he didn't get brought on to run at one of the 36 players Arsenal had booked is amazing.

Plus Milner's got McManaman-syndrome written all over him at the moment. Great debut but done fuck all since and I rated him at Villa.

It's not a dig at Mancini because we're getting points but how better would we be with AJ!!

AJ is extremely overhyped at the moment and I would much prefer Silva on the pitch than him. Also he seems to be most effective as an impact sub. And what about the fact that when he does start he only plays about 35 minutes of a game before he gets tired and disappears.

*groan*

Anyone who can't see why we didn't bring on an out-and-out winger playing against Arsenal with 10 men needs to get their head examined.

Because he's not as good as Silva or Milner.

Wether we could shift one of them infield to accomodate him is another issure entirely...

Overall, though, i think Johnno flatters to deceive. It's all well and good taking on eight players, but it doesn't count for sh*t if you then give the ball away cheaply and stand with your hands on your hips.

AJ and Silva won't always be starting Matches like Arsenal together. One will miss for a more disciplined player. Johnson likes to run at defenders and shoot. Arsenal will be able to deal with him better than Blackpool or Newcastle can.

He's a great talent but he's not the finished article. His crossing is poor.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I just don't understand it and I know I'm not the only one, every football fan on the planet can see he should be playing and how he didn't get brought on to run at one of the 36 players Arsenal had booked is amazing.

Plus Milner's got McManaman-syndrome written all over him at the moment. Great debut but done fuck all since and I rated him at Villa.

It's not a dig at Mancini because we're getting points but how better would we be with AJ!!

What you have to Remember is AJ is the type of player that is more of an impact substitute and will kill off tired opponents, maybe he should of come on sunday but like everyone has pointed out, he played against poznan and would have been tired!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.