Why Moyes & Everton have us over a barrel...

Pabbers said:
alera said:
like I said. 700 average gate less than Liverpool and look athat their success over the last 30 years. We will piss on their gate this season we are taking 7000 away to Blackburn !

Didn't you take 1 million to Blackburn once ??

Theres twats....and theres TWATS...!!

YOu have won fuck all for years and are a mid table sized club at best what part of that cant you understand ?

Pabbers said:
alera said:
like I said. 700 average gate less than Liverpool and look athat their success over the last 30 years. We will piss on their gate this season we are taking 7000 away to Blackburn !

Didn't you take 1 million to Blackburn once ??

You are spending too much time on rag forums lad. Got any we haven't heard before?

Bonol said:
Poor support base, we did'nt exactly fill the stadium last season. If Evertons ground held 48,000, who's to say they wouldn't average more than us.
We will be 3rd best crowd by default, newcastle are in the championship and liverpool have a 43,000 gate capacity. Aston Villa are a big club, just as big as us.
Come on boys dont let the money thing turn us into a bunch of arrogant twats.

This is all true. Everton would get well over 40,000 in a new stadium, or at least the right new stadium., I'm not convinced that, even if it gets the go ahead, Kirkby is actually the best move for them, but I admit that I won't be as informed on that as the Evertonians themselves on that, so would defer to their judgement.

Bonol said:
Manchester is not Englands second city, Birmingham is.

Now here I disagree, though it's not on topic. Birmingham's claim to being the second city rests on population: the metropolitan areas of the West Midlands and Greater Manchester have almost identical populations, while what you might call the Manchester conurbation (i.e. taking account of areas not formally within the metropolitan counties) is bigger than Birmingham's. It just happens that the city boundaries of Manchester itself give an area with a smaller population.

Manchester regularly tops polls for being the second city, is easily England's second city in terms of international recognition and reporting in the interational news media, and in terms of sports, culture, media and general influence, I think we far outstrip Birmingham. It isn't even close.

Manchester was voted England second in city in a BBC poll in 2007, but in the same poll it was also voted 3rd city. So in the poll people were leaving out certain citys but placing us either 2nd or 3rd. I was just placing Birmingham 2nd city on population size and not Metropoliten borough size which for us includes Wigan, Bolton ect.

Also what is the definition of a 2nd City. Is their one.

Bonol said:
Manchester was voted England second in city in a BBC poll in 2007, but in the same poll it was also voted 3rd city. So in the poll people were leaving out certain citys but placing us either 2nd or 3rd. I was just placing Birmingham 2nd city on population size and not Metropoliten borough size which for us includes Wigan, Bolton ect.

Also what is the definition of a 2nd City. Is their one.

Birmingham as a city is bigger than Manchester because of historical accidents with the boundaries. There are lots of parts of Greater Manchester that could be considered part of the city of Manchester but aren't. There's no single accepted definition as to what constitutes a second city of a country, but I'd argue that it's based on the significance that a city has on the life of its country, and I believe that, on that factor, Manchester outdoes Birmingham pretty easily.

Can I just point out that its Kirkby and not west Kirby.
Also there is 2 offers of investment on the table for Everton.
1) If Kirkby gets the green light and
2)One without Kirkby.
No before you ask why Everton haven't been taking over regardless,it is because the deal they signed with Knowlsley Council and Tesco. Which allowed them to purchase of free land revenue. The free land revenue was giving to Everton on the bases that
1)Goodison Park could not be redelovoped
2)There was nowhere within the city bounderies to build a new stadium.
3)Everton could not be taken over or actively seeking investment or they would automatical breech the agreement.

Now soft arse Kenwright has gone on about investment at the AGM meeting and in the press. So this was brought up in the enquiry and the investigating office recommended that it wasn't wise for the stadium to go ahead. On the grounds of the retail aspect and that everton was activley seeking investment.
As soon as it came about a couple of months ago regarding the take over Kenwright shite and dismissed it because of fear of the penalty that would be brought against the club for this breech of contract. The enquiry is due to end in november.

Anyway enough of that shit and good luck for the coming season. You deserve a change in good fortune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.