why pellegrini

FantasyIreland said:
01cravend said:
He best not want to keep RSC

If he does you can guarantee he will get the best out of him,as he has at Malaga.

Exciting times without a doubt,i was losing my passion for football and that had plenty to do with Mancini's general negativity.

This fella,although 60,looks a breath of fresh air and will most certainly provide us with some great football and a new appetite - good times await!

Best out of Malaga? Currently 6th in league 0_o I think he'll be gone within a year so I hope we don't give him a 5 year contract.

Brendan110_0 said:
Best out of Malaga? Currently 6th in league 0_o I think he'll be gone within a year so I hope we don't give him a 5 year contract.

If you look at Malaga's squad and farcical situation with an owner selling most of the best players and not paying wages, 6th is a good achievement. Last season when Al Thani actually supported the club, they finished 4th and qualified for the Champions League, in which they reached the quarter finals this year.

01cravend said:

He won't. That would mean we would re-sign him...because he is out of contract. Which would never happen.

While Pellegrini will have a say in transfers...i think Txiki will wield the most power in that department.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/12/manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city-malaga?CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... CMP=twt_gu</a>

Once Txiki Begiristain took over as the sporting director at Manchester City, Manuel Pellegrini was always likely to be a managerial target – especially once Pep Guardiola chose Munich over Manchester.

Begiristain was the man who brought in Guardiola to be Barcelona's first-team coach in 2008 and the assumption was that he would try to do the same in England. City's owners may well have employed him with that very idea in mind. If so, the plan failed, but they may just have got the closest thing.

In 2008, Barcelona had just finished third, beaten to the runners-up spot by Pellegrini's Villarreal – the last side to break up the big two – and the media demanded José Mourinho, but Begiristain insisted on a very specific model in Guardiola: the same model City are now seeking to install – an attacking game based on technique and possession, a stable project and a willingness to bring through youth.

Few fit the philosophy like the 59-year-old Chilean. Barcelona won everything with Guardiola; the following year Real Madrid sought to emulate them. Jorge Valdano, a conscious advocate of the type of football Barça adopted, described Pellegrini as a coach who "likes his team to be the protagonist: he seeks to dominate possession and always attack". Pellegrini was the obvious man to execute Valdano's plan.

It is natural enough that City should see him as the candidate to execute theirs. The decision may be questionable but it is coherent. It is not just about winning, it is about how you win. City fans have pointed out that Pellegrini has won nothing in the nine years he has spent coaching in Spain. That is true but it fails to take into consideration the level of the teams he managed, the circumstances he encountered and the teams he faced.

At Real, he found a club where two key players were sold against his wishes and though he broke the club's points record, but missed out to the Guardiola-led Barcelona team who won a unique treble in 2009. Beguiristain's team.

Either side of that, he took Villarreal and Málaga to the Champions League for the first time. He led Villarreal to the semi-final, beating Roberto Mancini's Internazionale en route, and led Málaga to the quarter-finals. No debutant side have ever gone as far as either of them.

Brendan110_0 said:
FantasyIreland said:
01cravend said:

If he does you can guarantee he will get the best out of him,as he has at Malaga.

Exciting times without a doubt,i was losing my passion for football and that had plenty to do with Mancini's general negativity.

This fella,although 60,looks a breath of fresh air and will most certainly provide us with some great football and a new appetite - good times await!

Are you fucking real fantasyireland! He was minutes from knocking Dortmund out of champs league put that donkey Santa Cruz on and minutes later they're out! Now that is a fuck up. Mancini was spoiling football for you? Yeah finals and championships are shit aren't they.

Berkovic_blue said:
dave_blue12 said:
I think there are going to be some Blues doing a massive about face when the penny drops that Pellegrini is a big upgrade on Mancini both as a tactician and man manager.

Looking forward to next season !

He has no history of success and hasn't even got the job yet. I'd be keeping my powder dry if I were you.

We will see :-)

It's all about opinions and this is mine. You can ridicule me IF I'm wrong

Hamann Pineapple said:
He looks like somebody, can't put my finger on it. Maybe an ageing Richard Gere or that Jewish bloke out of Taxi

245px-Manuel_Pellegrini%282%29.jpg

Hes definately coming Here, managed to get a photo of him with Carlos tevez

fantasy-island.jpg

Brendan110_0 said:
FantasyIreland said:
01cravend said:

Malaga is the equivalent of Portsmouth a few years back. They have lost all their best players (with the exception of Isco) and should be in free-fall but they're not.

For him to inspire his team to a Champions League quarter-final (should be in the semis really) and a good league position with no motivation of European football is admirable.

BlueCityfan said:
01cravend said:

He won't. That would mean we would re-sign him...because he is out of contract. Which would never happen.

While Pellegrini will have a say in transfers...i think Txiki will wield the most power in that department.
Power is not the issue.

Pellegrini won't mind working with Txiki. He like's to build teams in the same way as Txiki. Mancini didn't like Txiki's influence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.