why pellegrini

Pellegrini will not only win the league he will put city on the champions final, I will not be surprise if he does.. Im a Universidad Catolica fan, he was the manager between 94-96 and that team is one of the best of all times. I know Pellegrini from his beginnings and he has evolved, mature and improved his tactics all these years in Europe. His is good on long Tournaments. I can ensure you he will win the league if the City buys what he's asking for... City fan are so lucky they should be happy I wish time goes by fast so He can come back to Catolica in Chile, we need him here...
- cerati , houston, United States, 13/5/2013 13:33

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323653/Manuel-Pellegrini-verge-taking-Manchester-City-job-turning-Malaga-Premier-League-stepping-stone.html#ixzz2TBjEFrOE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2TBjEFrOE</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

karen7 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
@GuillemBalague: Let's kill one argument: Pellegrini speaks very good English.

but has he won anything...no!

Had Guardiola won anything? No!

Had Rijkaard? No!

Had Conte! No... well, yes, the Italian 2nd division.

Pellegrini actually won six trophies in three South American countries by the way, but in the Bluemoon world (the "Dutch football is shit because Samaras scored a few goals there" mob) this will be dismissed as tinpot pub football when the Argentine league (where he won the league with River Plate, a huge club) especially is ultra-competitive.

One thing I agree with Balague on is this: "The City decision 2 appoint Pellegrini, based on performance not results (i.e.,winning Cup). All football decisions should be taken that way."

Context (that word again) is regularly dismissed on Bluemoon, people can't see past trophy count and have no faith in the men running our club now, the main power players having transformed Barcelona from serial underachiever to the peak of world football after some VERY brave and some might say risky decisions.

Pellegrini is a fantastic coach who is respected all over Europe and has been praised by the likes of Pep Guardiola. It's a shame our fans can't see what Liverpool, Arsenal, and even United fans can - that he is a good coach and fits the vision/direction of City very well. Give it a year and I have a feeling City fans will be in love with Pellegrini.

LoveCity said:
karen7 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:

Had Rijkaard? No!

Pellegrini actually won six trophies in three South America countries by the way, but in the Bluemoon world (the "Dutch football is shit because Samaras scored a few goals there" mob) this will be dismissed as tinpot pub football when the Argentine league (where he won the league with River Plate, a huge club) especially is ultra-competitive.

One thing I agree with Balague on is this: "The City decision 2 appoint Pellegrini, based on performance not results (i.e.,winning Cup). All football decisions should be taken that way."

Context (that word again) is regularly dismissed on Bluemoon, people can't see past trophy count and have no faith in the men running our club now, the main power players having transformed Barcelona from serial underachiever to the peak of world football after some VERY brave and some might say risky decisions.

Pellegrini is a fantastic coach who is respected all over Europe and has been praised by the likes of Pep Guardiola. It's a shame our fans can't see what Liverpool, Arsenal, and even United fans can - that he is a good coach and fits the vision/direction of City very well.

all the examples you give are young men still learning and developing if pelligrini wasnt 60 in sept i would say the same,it is this that bothers me,if he hasnt done it by now?

dave_blue12 said:
Structured, cautious attacking
Despite his emphasis upon technique, there is also a caution about Pellegrini's sides – they attack intelligently and methodically rather than frantically. Chile's current footballing style might be based around relentless attacking – Claudio Borghi and Jorge Sampaoli have continued Marcelo Bielsa's work – but having spent a decade in Europe, Pellegrini feels more like a Spanish coach than a Chilean coach.

His sides are also capable of defending solidly in two banks of four, and playing in a reactive and defensive manner. There is little doubt Pellegrini would embrace positive football at City, but he prefers controlled dominance rather than constant waves of attack.
So we're getting another Mancini then? but a less successful one.

What I've got from watching Málaga and Villarreal under him is that they lacked numbers in the I am third at times with an emphasis on full backs staying back to defend and not too much from the 2 or 3 midfielders in the box.

LoveCity said:
karen7 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:

Had Rijkaard? No!

Pellegrini actually won six trophies in three South American countries by the way, but in the Bluemoon world (the "Dutch football is shit because Samaras scored a few goals there" mob) this will be dismissed as tinpot pub football when the Argentine league (where he won the league with River Plate, a huge club) especially is ultra-competitive.

Pellegrini is a fantastic coach who is respected all over Europe and has been praised by the likes of Pep Guardiola. It's a shame our fans can't see what Liverpool, Arsenal, and even United fans can - that he is a good coach and fits the vision/direction of City very well. Give it a year and I have a feeling City fans will be in love with Pellegrini.

In fairness they are not 60 years old and still waiting

LoveCity said:
karen7 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:

Had Rijkaard? No!

Those guys you mentioned pretty much won things straight away when they got their big chance. They also had prestigious playing careers. Pellegrini got his big chance at Madrid and could not win any trophy. All football is results based, if Pelle doesnt win atleast a cup will he be sacked?

mancity56 said:
is it just me that thinks this would be the most horrific appointment our board could make ? he hasnt proven himself at all. he took a good malaga side to the quarters of the champions league ill give him that but what has he achieved. i would rather a di mateo or mourinho . is that just me ?

Nope, you are right.

Why Not Pellegrini: Remember the 2003 Copa Sud Americana, the "engineer" managed a south American powerful side, the River Plate including Mascherano, and lost the final home and away to Cienciano, a peruvian underdog, way under than Wigan. Besides, the engineer has a weak and likeable personality, this kind of character is the less needed in City's dressing room.

I'd rather keep Mancio, giving him the opportunity to learn from his many mistakes and blunders.
Wasn't Taggart given several years and a blank chequebook, was he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.