why pellegrini

Got Villereal from 8th to 2nd (10 points infront of barca)
got malaga to q/f in chumps league.
in his only season at Real he finnished on 96 points (barca got 99 and tranny was injured for 2 months.) He had a 76 win %.

But i would prefer A trio of megson, wigley and Sammy lee.
sign crouchy and were banging.

#future.

Go and look at what he did at Villareal (in a town about half the size of Wigan) and look at what's happened to them since he left.

Highest win % in Madrid history.
2nd highest points total in Madrid history.

Took a Malaga team spearheaded by Roque Santa Cruz to the brink of CL semis after selling a lot of key players being sold last summer.

Don't undersell him, he's a top manager.

conormcfc said:
Go and look at what he did at Villareal (in a town about half the size of Wigan) and look at what's happened to them since he left.

Took a Malaga team spearheaded by Roque Santa Cruz to the brink of CL semis after selling a lot of key players being sold last summer.

wOw, get in

rastus said:
conormcfc said:

wOw, get in

We are not a top team by a long chalk. Mancini's answer is to spend more money to try and solve the problem.

dctid said:
thenabster said:
AVB, Heynckes, De Boer, Laudrup, Klopp, Blanc would be much better choices than Pellegirini.

AVB - not for me
Heynckes - yes definately
Laudrup - not sure to be honest
Klopp - yes definately
Blanc - not for me

of them all Heynckes is the stand out manager followed by Klopp

PSG and RM are going to be looking for managers and personally i think RM will get their pick

thoughts on de boer..............i believe tactically he`s excellent but is he a big enough name to satisfy the bluemoon members.

rastus said:
conormcfc said:

wOw, get in
Not good enough for you?

We need a manager who has more than one plan more than one way of playing and Bobby Doesn't have that ability

It's all about maximizing your teams performances surely. You shouldn't just be judged by what you win. Martinez is an excellant coach. But he wouldn't win stuff at Wigan. Apart from today ! Pellegrini is a very good coach/motivator. Admittedly most of his coaching has been done in La Liga. But it stands up to scrutiny. Massively over achieved at Villareal, with a club from a town the size of Altrincham ! Wasn't to shabby at Real Madrid either in his one season there. When they finished up with a record points haul for them, and finished second only to Barca. And ofcourse with all the off field shit at Malaga, still took them to the CL QF, when they got knocked out by Borussia in very iffy circumstances. So yeh. Not saying he's definately a fit for us. But he's certainly a very good coach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.