why pellegrini

FantasyIreland said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Who cares whether folk speak ill of him or not?
Loads of folk speak ill of Ferguson, but he wins things, like Mancini, and unlike Pellegrini.
Football managing is all about success, not a fucking personality contest.
The rest of your post is pure speculation.

Change the word Folk for players and co workers,gives a better perspective of whether his obnoxious/stubborn,self righteous personality is damaging and limiting.

Ok - let's run with this awhile.
Would you rather have a manager like Ferguson who, for all his obvious faults as a human being is a proven winner, or a manager who is liked by all and sundry but wins fuck all?
Because you have just described Ferguson's personality to a T there, but strangely these attributes haven't proved to be 'damaging and limiting' to him, have they?

LoveCity said:
Eaglechief said:
FantasyIreland said:
When our current managers change of tactics revolves around taking off our best forward and putting on another defensive midfielder in order to push a knackered Yaya further up the pitch,i'll take Pellegrini's abilities over his any day.

Answer the question, have you watched Malaga recently?

I've watched them regularly. They are a team gasping for air and needing the season end. If you have watched them all season then you will know full well this is a Malaga team on it's last legs for this campaign. A thin squad who made the last 8 of the Champions League, pretty much their entire team looks burnt out (especially Isco who they rely on, he's barely 20 and played 50 games this season) and he doesn't have the squad luxuries he would here to switch players.

Exactly this - their first defeat of the season came on October 3rd and they had 18-2 goal difference in all competitions until that defeat at Atletico Madrid. I watched their win over Zenit at that perios and it was one of the most beautifull football performances I've seen from some team this season, I even opened a thread in general forums after watching that game.

They won 3 of 4 after that until next defeat month later.

In November when CL campaign started to take most of that thin squad they started to get less good results. And they yet almost went to CL semis and are 6th in La Liga.

I feel pellegrini will prove to be a good successor to roberto, people who say his trophy record is poor therefore he`s not a good manager are talking nonsense, what had wenger won before arsenal? what had guardiola won before barca? Pellegrini has never had a stable platform to deliver trophies in europe, he worked wonders with villareal which is a club with the equivalent size to blackburn or burnley on a limited budget, at malaga he did get to spend but was sson stripped of his star players after getting them in the champions league for the first time and has basically held the squad together since their owner pulled the plug on wages etc

at madrid he lost two players he desperately wanted to keep in robben and sniejder, yes he was given £200 million worth of talent but he didn`t want benzema or kaka both have been unspectacular at madrid since, and ronaldo was injured for 2 months. At the same time the madrid media campaigned against him and perez only had eyes for mourinho. Despite all this he finished the season with a record points total in the league of 96 and the record win% for any madrid manager ever.

Pellegrini offers solutions to all mancini`s faults, pellegrini is a fantastic man manager, he adapts and tweeks his formations and systems and is dynamic in his approach, he has a fantastic record in the champions league and is known for promoting youth hence why the owners have brought him with the etihad campus under construction.

If pellegrini is manager at the start of next season i for one will be very excited

Eaglechief said:
FantasyIreland said:
karen7 said:
Have you watched malaga in the league matches? his tactics are not all that

When our current managers change of tactics revolves around taking off our best forward and putting on another defensive midfielder in order to push a knackered Yaya further up the pitch,i'll take Pellegrini's abilities over his any day.

I watched the last game against Real Madrid. Lots of fight, and if it hadn't been for a shocking display by the ref, it would have been very close. Malaga had to play with 9 men and never quit. Malaga's best striker being Roque Santa Cruz. I also saw the Dortmund game. They looked knackered by the time they played Dortmund, but gave Dortmund a lot more fight than we every did. DId you see the Dortmund match? Malaga should have won it. With Roque Santa bloody Cruz.

FantasyIreland said:
Who cares whether folk speak ill of him or not?
Loads of folk speak ill of Ferguson, but he wins things, like Mancini, and unlike Pellegrini.
Football managing is all about success, not a fucking personality contest.
The rest of your post is pure speculation.

Change the word Folk for players and co workers,gives a better perspective of whether his obnoxious/stubborn,self righteous personality is damaging and limiting.

Ok - let's run with this awhile.
Would you rather have a manager like Ferguson who, for all his obvious faults as a human being is a proven winner, or a manager who is liked by all and sundry but wins fuck all?
Because you have just described Ferguson's personality to a T there, but strangely these attributes haven't proved to be 'damaging and limiting' to him, have they?

Slurgie has a siege mentality. He is very good with his players and the way those rag players fawn over him conforms it. He is awful with the media and refs because he can bully them and it yields him benefits. Mancini criticizes our own players and has had clashes with many of them.

And Slur's players punched above their weights while our player's are doing the opposite. He knows when a player should be sold and he sold the likes of Beckscum at the right time. Mancini waited far too long with Balo and gave him chance after chance in-spite of everything and I am pretty sure it demoralized the entire squad. Can you honestly say that our squad is performing at the level it should?

AustinBlue said:
Eaglechief said:
FantasyIreland said:

I watched the last game against Real Madrid. Lots of fight, and if it hadn't been for a shocking display by the ref, it would have been very close. Malaga had to play with 9 men and never quit. Malaga's best striker being Roque Santa Cruz. I also saw the Dortmund game. They looked knackered by the time they played Dortmund, but gave Dortmund a lot more fight than we every did. DId you see the Dortmund match? Malaga should have won it. With Roque Santa bloody Cruz.

Paper thin squad and like u said they got to the last 8 and almost to the semis with rocque santa cruiz ! Get this guy in now !

Here is a very good article from Goal.com which seems to only go up higher in my esteem.
Highlighted some of the good stuff.

Pellegrini's not British, but he has everything to succeed at Manchester City

[bigimg]http://u.goal.com/137700/137739hp2.jpg[/bigimg]

The Chilean coach is set to take over from Roberto Mancini this summer and, despite some negative press in the UK media, has all the attributes to shine in the Premier League

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Manuel Pellegrini know all about difficult owners, off-the-field problems, press scrutiny and elevated expectations from his time at Real Madrid and Malaga. So the Chilean should know exactly what to expect at Manchester City.

He has already been written off by some sectors of the British media as a big-spending foreigner with a modest trophy record, the same press pack hailing the appointment of David Moyes at City's local rivals Manchester United. The Scot, incidentally, has never won a major trophy. But that's okay because, well, he hails from the British Isles. Pellegrini? He's from Chile. When did a South American ever succeed as manager in the Premier League? Oh, and he has an Italian surname. Like Mancini. Cardinal sins, clearly...

Pellegrini won't care, of course. The Chilean coach is a former central defender turned trainer with a very accomplished record (including several trophies in South America) at almost all of his sides, mostly modest teams by the way, which makes comparing his win percentage with Mancini's (as the Daily Mail did on Monday) a futile exercise. He is also a fully qualified civil engineer. How many British bosses can claim that?

Laid-back and likeable, Pellegrini will work with dignity and bring a brand of football which will please fans after the pragmatic play City fans have been fed by Mancini. A beautiful building must be strong and solid too, however, and El Ingeniero's sides sit on strong bases. Defensive stability allows creative flow. It is an approach mixing science and art, brawn and beauty. And it works.

But what about Real Madrid? Pellegrini 'spent' €200 million and still won nothing, they say. This is, at best, a half-truth. The Chilean was caught in the centre of a power battle at the Santiago Bernabeu, was ignored by president Florentino Perez, viciously attacked by the Madrid media and had little or no say when it came to player comings and goings, despite the outrageous outlay in the summer of 2009, which saw Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka signed but Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder shipped out against his wishes.

"I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid," he told El Mercurio in an interview in 2010, while also lamenting his inability to build the side he had wanted at Real. "I can't get anything out of an orchestra if I have the 10 best guitarists but I don't have a pianist or a drummer."

It was essentially all over for Pellegrini after his Madrid side lost 4-0 at lowly Alcorcon in the Copa del Rey. Not even 96 points in La Liga (Real's best-ever total at the time) could save him, even though his team had been without Cristiano Ronaldo for almost two months and pushed Pep Guardiola's brilliant Barcelona all the way to the end of the season.

Duly discarded by Madrid, Pellegrini decided to rebuild his reputation at Malaga and took the Andalusians to within seconds of the Champions League semi-finals this term, despite summer sales (including the team's finest football, Santi Cazorla), uncertainty over unpaid player bonuses and chaotic behaviour from club owners, who left him very much in the dark over the finances and the future of the team - as well as his own.

All of that will help Pellegrini ahead of his Manchester City adventure. The Chilean has been strengthened by his experiences at Madrid and Malaga, and should feel much more comfortable with (Spanish speaker) Txiki Begiristain in the role of sporting director. It is a Barcelona blueprint in tune with Pellegrini's philosophy, while the Chilean's football ideology is also in keeping with the views of Begiristain, who is keen to install a 4-3-3 formation from top to bottom at City, in the youth sides all the way up to the first team.

That may take time. Pellegrini has favoured 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 for much of his career. He confectioned a spectacular side at Villareal with that formation, leading the small-town club to the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2006 and winning many admirers with a brand of football which succeeded in combining Latin American flavour with European efficiency. At Malaga, meanwhile, he has used both of those systems, as well as an effective 4-2-3-1. Stability, however, remains key and the 59-year-old is unlikely to agree to a switch to 4-3-3 unless he believes he has the players to succeed in that system - or until he can bring them in.

Tactically, Pellegrini is an upgrade on Mancini. He has shown at Villarreal, Madrid and Malaga that he is comfortable using a number of formations and, wherever he has been, he has made the team better than before. In the two games against Dortmund recently, his defensive organisation frustrated the German side and had it not been for the Andalusians' late capitulation, it would have been Malaga in the semi-finals up against Madrid and not BVB.

Indeed, Pellegrini's pedigree in Europe is one of the things City will have been attracted to, especially following their two disappointing Champions League campaigns under Mancini, while the Chilean's man-management skills will help bring the best out of a side which seems primed for greatness. At Madrid, the players backed him until the end; at Malaga they love him. At City, they will too. And if he wins, will anyone really care that he isn't British?

The fact is Pellegrini has never been at a top club so he hasn't had a chance to show what he can do or cannot do. Yes he was at RMA for a year where he did very well in the league but again he was a manager they didn't want from the start.

I think its poor to say a manager who hasn't won anything is not right for this club. The jobs he has done thus far have been very impressive and his current one in extremely difficult circumstances. He deserves a chance at a top stable club with a board who wants him and will back him.

He doesn't sound that bad reading that.

Let's just wait and see.

There were people on here begging for Hughes to stay yet look how that worked out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.