Why should people work?

mancity89

A MUM of 13 who splurged £1,700 of her benefits on a 60in plasma TV claimed last night that plans to cap payments to the workshy would leave her family "on the breadline".

Whining Anita Hull, 38, lives with unemployed partner Steve Dalton, 46, and nine of their 13 children in a large detached house - all paid for by the taxpayer.

Their benefits-funded income totals £38,324 a year but Anita last night branded Chancellor George Osborne's move to limit handouts to £26,000 a year as "completely out of order".

She said: "I would really like to see the Government give us a break and give us MORE money.

"We need everything we can get and this is going to hit us hard.

"If our handouts get cut back, we are going to suffer. It will mean I won't be able to buy my children new clothes when they get tatty. I won't be able to pay all my bills on time."

Yet the couple can still afford luxuries like the giant telly and even a SWIMMING POOL.

In the garden the family also have a large trampoline and a big wooden playground area featuring swings and a climbing frame.

Anita, whose family live in a newly-built four-bedroom home in Minster on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, used a massive chunk of a £2,500 backdated benefits cheque for the TV.

She said: "I know £1,700 is a lot for a telly, but the picture is great.

"The rest of the money we spent on clothes for the kids but I think they were happier to see the new TV than they were with their new clothes."

Anita and Steve have not worked since 1989, after the birth of their first child, Troy, now 20.

Their other children are Traci, 19, Tristan, 18, Tarron, 17, Tyi, 15, Travis, 13, Tyler-Lee, 11, Tegan, nine, Trafford, seven, Tenika, five, Tamerira, three, and twins Treyboy and Tilly-Joy, five months. Tarron suffers from hydrocephalus (water on the brain), cerebral palsy, epilepsy and is blind and has been taken into care by social services. The three eldest children have moved out.

Anita said: "We found it very hard when we had just two children. But, now we have 13, it's a lot easier because we get more money.

"Some people have more kids to get more money but we didn't do that.

"People on benefits have a tougher time than others think.

"We have to watch every penny and I constantly have to tell my children 'no' when they want to buy things.

"Keeping the kids entertained is my job now. Steve and I would find it really hard to go back to work after all this time.

"The birthdays are never ending. I strictly make sure I put the spare money from the £160-a-week shopping run into a pot to pay for presents.

"They only get one present each but it is still expensive. In March, I forked out £99 for a Nintendo DS for Trafford."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...adline-mum-got-60-inch-telly-on-benefits.html

Who's actually in the wrong here? The scrotes who are claiming this money? or the N*b heads giving them this amount of money?

No wonder people dont want to work! me and my girlfriend earn just over 25k between us a year working 40 hour weeks each. No wonder this country is becoming a laughing stock. You should be rewarded for working instead of having your ass slapped like they do.

mancity89 said:
A MUM of 13 who splurged £1,700 of her benefits on a 60in plasma TV claimed last night that plans to cap payments to the workshy would leave her family "on the breadline".

Whining Anita Hull, 38, lives with unemployed partner Steve Dalton, 46, and nine of their 13 children in a large detached house - all paid for by the taxpayer.

Their benefits-funded income totals £38,324 a year but Anita last night branded Chancellor George Osborne's move to limit handouts to £26,000 a year as "completely out of order".

She said: "I would really like to see the Government give us a break and give us MORE money.

"We need everything we can get and this is going to hit us hard.

"If our handouts get cut back, we are going to suffer. It will mean I won't be able to buy my children new clothes when they get tatty. I won't be able to pay all my bills on time."

Yet the couple can still afford luxuries like the giant telly and even a SWIMMING POOL.

In the garden the family also have a large trampoline and a big wooden playground area featuring swings and a climbing frame.

Anita, whose family live in a newly-built four-bedroom home in Minster on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, used a massive chunk of a £2,500 backdated benefits cheque for the TV.

She said: "I know £1,700 is a lot for a telly, but the picture is great.

"The rest of the money we spent on clothes for the kids but I think they were happier to see the new TV than they were with their new clothes."

Anita and Steve have not worked since 1989, after the birth of their first child, Troy, now 20.

Their other children are Traci, 19, Tristan, 18, Tarron, 17, Tyi, 15, Travis, 13, Tyler-Lee, 11, Tegan, nine, Trafford, seven, Tenika, five, Tamerira, three, and twins Treyboy and Tilly-Joy, five months. Tarron suffers from hydrocephalus (water on the brain), cerebral palsy, epilepsy and is blind and has been taken into care by social services. The three eldest children have moved out.

Anita said: "We found it very hard when we had just two children. But, now we have 13, it's a lot easier because we get more money.

"Some people have more kids to get more money but we didn't do that.

"People on benefits have a tougher time than others think.

"We have to watch every penny and I constantly have to tell my children 'no' when they want to buy things.

"Keeping the kids entertained is my job now. Steve and I would find it really hard to go back to work after all this time.

"The birthdays are never ending. I strictly make sure I put the spare money from the £160-a-week shopping run into a pot to pay for presents.

"They only get one present each but it is still expensive. In March, I forked out £99 for a Nintendo DS for Trafford."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...adline-mum-got-60-inch-telly-on-benefits.html

Who's actually in the wrong here? The scrotes who are claiming this money? or the N*b heads giving them this amount of money?

No wonder people dont want to work! me and my girlfriend earn just over 25k between us a year working 40 hour weeks each. No wonder this country is becoming a laughing stock. You should be rewarded for working instead of having your ass slapped like they do.

Fkin Scum, fancy calling your kid trafford ffs.

I'm all for benefits to act as a safety net and believe that as a society we should protect the weak,but that takes the biscuit.

To net 38k would mean a top line income of about £50,000

She sounds very dislikable and gives people on benefits a very bad name by association.

Which is probably why the Tory-supporting Sun newspaper did this story to soften the impact this week of the Conservatives revealing their plans to cut child-benefits.

Jesus. Are people so fucking dumb?

The enemy of the working class man isn't the benefit sponger, but the fat cat who avoids £ millions in tax every year by having the money in off shore bank accounts.

I'm surprised this was from 'The Sun' It's the type of article often found in 'The Express' or 'The Mail'

Pearcey said:
The enemy of the working class man isn't the benefit sponger, but the fat cat who avoids £ millions in tax every year by having the money in off shore bank accounts.

I'm surprised this was from 'The Sun' It's the type of article often found in 'The Express' or 'The Mail'

So you are happy that she can claim all this benefit then??, just asking

Pearcey said:

They are both as bad as each other. Each gets away with as much as they can.

Lucky Toma said:
She sounds very dislikable and gives people on benefits a very bad name by association.

Which is probably why the Tory-supporting Sun newspaper did this story to soften the impact this week of the Conservatives revealing their plans to cut child-benefits.

Jesus. Are people so fucking dumb?

This is the big problem, we can't just assume everybody on benefits is living a life of luxury like these people because many people really need the money.

Not only that but large cuts in benefits will not only effect the parents but impact on the children as well, who have done nothing to deserve living on next to nothing.

Unfortunately my philosophy of 'only having a kid if you can afford to keep it healthy' isn't taken up by a lot of people. We want to punish the people who don't deserve the benefits but not at the expense of the innocent single mums and kids who often rely on this money.

Obviously the system needs reworking somehow, but I think it is a very difficult science to master because there'll always be people trying to take advantage.

bluwes said:
Pearcey said:

So you are happy that she can claim all this benefit then??, just asking

No it's appalling. But I'm even more unhappy and appalled about the rich tax dodger than the benefit thief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.