WHY.........So much negativity!

It's strange to me that the posters who want Jose at City would certainly want him sacked as manager of Real Madrid if they applied the same logic.

No manager wins all the time obviously. How did Dortmund do in Europe last season? Should United have sacked Ferguson for the trophy-less season last year?

I think DD, and those sympathetic to his views, are entitled to their opinion and in time might be proved correct but I can find no logic in any of their arguments.

Mancini has statistically over performed as a Manager even allowing for money spent.

There are very few managers as good as Mancini and there is a good chance that we could end up with a weaker manager than him as a result. I don't think that makes DD anti City and I don't go along with the argument that we should be happy with second best because we used to put up with much worse.

It is clear to me that a Manager of the current Champions and whose team is currently second should remain in charge. If you disagree I would ask what level of success is acceptable to you before you DON'T want the Manager fired because if its higher than that how often do you think we will be changing Managers?

Cobwebcat said:
It's strange to me that the posters who want Jose at City would certainly want him sacked as manager of Real Madrid if they applied the same logic.

No manager wins all the time obviously. How did Dortmund do in Europe last season? Should United have sacked Ferguson for the trophy-less season last year?

I think DD, and those sympathetic to his views, are entitled to their opinion and in time might be proved correct but I can find no logic in any of their arguments.

Mancini has statistically over performed as a Manager even allowing for money spent.

There are very few managers as good as Mancini and there is a good chance that we could end up with a weaker manager than him as a result. I don't think that makes DD anti City and I don't go along with the argument that we should be happy with second best because we used to put up with much worse.

It is clear to me that a Manager of the current Champions and whose team is currently second should remain in charge. If you disagree I would ask what level of success is acceptable to you before you DON'T want the Manager fired because if its higher than that how often do you think we will be changing Managers?

It will be a new manager every year ;0)

After reading about the amounts of money coming into the league with the new tv deals and add to this new revenue clubs will be able to gain through bigger sponsorship deals, we along with others fans had better start getting used to losing and drawing more games each season.
There are only so many players each club can have and in a few years other clubs will be attracting more quality players.There is no doubt in my mind winning the league is going to be much tougher over the next ten years. The coveted top 4 spots will be chased by not the same top 4 but soon enough I can see around 8 teams who will not only be chasing them but also with a much closer spread of points between 1st and 8th,you can already see the gap closing this season.

I'm all for it you can't beat a bit of drama and panic

This place will obviously be a total breakdown every other week

What's strange in that? So we never should have Mancini in first place because he was sacked at Inter?

He did not. Manager who fails to pass the CL group twice in a row with as good squad as City one definitely has not over performed.

Winning the league while failing to do so should get him some time for a while (bot not for too long) but if he fails to do it with such awful CL campaigns than he can't expect much tbh.

I wouldn't want him sacked now or in few games but if he fails to win the league, with background of those CL performances and not really exciting football in the league this year, I'd sack him in the summer while being as emotional as VDB is on this pic:

del-bosque-celebrating.jpg

hilts said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
My guess is people think we've lost the league already. It feels like it but the truth is we've still got a great chance of winning it, with some very serious provisos....

Unfortunately we live in an age when people get their kicks by mouthing off on internet forums, the treatment of our manager by some of our fans is pretty pathetic to be honest

The one thing i have learnt since the weekend is how terrible some of our supporters are, if our ship is sinking the rats are certainly deserting, no class, no loyalty, no decency

i hope they drown

Curious, I thought "mouthing off", or at the very least "discussing", current issues, was what an internet forum was designed for. Certainly better to do it here than at the Etihad. And FYI, having reservations about how far Roberto Mancini can take us (and I am more concerned about nailing a top 4 finish than I am winning the title) and debating them on here, is not an indicator that someone has no class or decency. As for loyalty, mine is to Manchester City Football Club not any one individual within it. Mancini will be gone in the summer. Will that constitute evidence that our owners have no class or loyalty?!

Didsbury Dave said:
BlueMooney said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Nee naw nee naw

Here come the York police.

I put it to you that it is you who cannot see the bigger picture: the investment in our squad, the quality we have in our playing staff, the expectations of adug and the consistent levels of underperformance this year domestically and in Europe.

Who mentioned York? I actually think to say "we should be happy with our lot, look where we came from" is also too easy. I'm not happy with how this season has progressed from last season because my expectations have risen - for the same reason our objective in 2000 was to stay in the Premier League, while this year it's to win it. We're not the same team as we were then, so we have different objectives; that doesn't mean we should be happy those objectives are not being met, despite outperforming our old selves.

The bigger picture isn't everything that's happened since August 2012. For the moment (in terms of our current progress and us in the fashion we are now), I'd say it's what's happened since Mancini took over. This year has been disappointing, but that's no reason to assume Mancini will fail for the rest of his time at City: His previous record at the club is the best we've had in the Premier League era and, arguably, the best we've had since the 60s.

Like I say, he might well get it all wrong. And if he does that consistently then I'll have no problem in the club changing manager. But since last August isn't consistently.
Well for me it isn't just since last August. I think the cracks have been there for most of mancini's tenure. A managers ability manifests itself in the way his team perform according to their combined abilities. A great manager makes a team better than the sum of its parts. Look at Dortmund this year, or Swansea, or even man united. Their managers make them play as a unit and they get results against teams with better individuals but less team ability. In the whole of mancini's three years I'd say there was a period which started in April 2011 and finished in December 2011 where you could say that our team fulfilled its potential. Luckily, that spell won us the fa cup and the league. But outside of those periods we have, apart from in patches, underachieved on the field. And this year we have had a spell of nearly 30 games where we have played badly. That's not a blip, it's a trend. In fact it's rapidly moving towards a crisis.

Throw in two abysmal champions league campaign(and a couple of Europa leagues too). These games have been a benchmark for the city of the future. There is no doubt that adug have targeted europeAn success for Manchester city. And there has been no evidence at all that Mancini can achieve That with his squad. In fact it's worse, because he's shown constant European underachievement at his previous clubs. He also has a terrible reputation within the club for his people management skills. He's disliked by a lot of people.

So for me that's the bigger picture, and you can't ignore several other key factors: mancini's Monaco offer makes it obvious his job was under threat last season. So we know from that there are question marks about him in the board's minds. There are also two world class managers, both who can easily be linked with us, coming available soon. And we have a new director of football in place who is watching things like a hawk.

I'd say that the bigger picture is precisely the reason why.mancini is on very thin ice right now. This is not a case of 'hero to zero' in half a season. It's increasingly looking like mancini's chickens are coming home to roost.

Good post

wayne71 said:
My own opinion is that we lost the league against sunderland, the rags would have to collapse and we would have to win 16 out of 19 games just to give us a chance.
Why do they need to "collapse" ? What do you even consider a "collapse" ?

For starters if we were to assume we will beat them at OT the gap is only 4.

Pam said:
wayne71 said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
My guess is people think we've lost the league already. It feels like it but the truth is we've still got a great chance of winning it, with some very serious provisos....

My own opinion is that we lost the league against sunderland, the rags would have to collapse and we would have to win 16 out of 19 games just to give us a chance.

I do think we are overreacting simply because we won the league and haven't yet come to terms with the fact that we cannot win it every year regardless of who we buy or who is our manager.

We along with the rags and chelsea will be competing for the league for the foreseeable future and we can't all win it every year.

Rags are in a constant state of semi collapse. Once they stop clawing themselves back into games, there will be a slide down the table. It beggars belief to be seriously suggesting you can will the league in December

Kamikaze 4-3s and 3-2s at home is no way to win a title in the long run. They will lose too many games to win the title this season.

Blue tinted specs Pam. We have seen no evidence to suggest they are more likely to get worse rather than better. In fact, on the contrary, with Vidic back they are less likely to leak goals in the 2nd half of the season - he is as immense for them as an in-form Kompany is for us.

It is über-painful because there is no way a team with Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Barry, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Tevez should find itself 7 points down against that shower of shite down the road. When you think about their squad (without Vidic and Fletcher for most of the season so far) and compare it to ours, it beggars belief that we are behind them. But here we find ourselves.

Of course the season is not over just yet, as it stands they are miles more likely to win it than we are. 7 points is just about recoverable, if miraculously we suddenly snap into gear. But what miracle will make this happen?

Didsbury Dave said:
So for me that's the bigger picture, and you can't ignore several other key factors: mancini's Monaco offer makes it obvious his job was under threat last season. So we know from that there are question marks about him in the board's minds.
I agree with a lot of your other points, but not this.

Why, if there were "question marks about him in the boards mind", did they give him a new long term contract ? They backed him fully at that point, surely they didn't do it just to stop him going to Monaco, which I assume they knew about ? That doesn't make much sense.

KEEP THE FAITH...BELIEVE....anyone who thinks that we won't win the league by at least 12 points is a RAg....Utd will lose 13 of their next 14 games...BELIEVE....Mancini is the greatest...
There, is that better?

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
So for me that's the bigger picture, and you can't ignore several other key factors: mancini's Monaco offer makes it obvious his job was under threat last season. So we know from that there are question marks about him in the board's minds.
I agree with a lot of your other points, but not this.

Why, if there were "question marks about him in the boards mind", did they give him a new long term contract ? They backed him fully at that point, surely they didn't do it just to stop him going to Monaco, which I assume they knew about ? That doesn't make much sense.

The questions were in the boards mind, and mancini's, when it looked like we had blown the league. It appears Sergio saved his job.

Of course They had no choice but to give him a new deal in summer as they couldn't have him going into the final year of his contract. That's what happens with all managers and all players. It still was no doubt given along with a series of targets and I think we all agree that we have fallen well short of.

At the time he'd earnt that new contract by winning the league, but if you think a 5 yr contract means a 5 yr mandate then you misunderstand the nature of contacts. It's just a financial deal and will be littered with break clauses and protection for adug. That's why it will have taken so long to negotiate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.