Why take elano off??

taking Elano off for Etuhu when chasing the game was crazy, Elano played well.

ElanJo said:
Elano got brought off because Hughes can be as clueless as the majority in this thread.

Elano was our main attacking threat. After he was brought off we had no decent possession at all in their half.

Sorry, and as a fan of his pains me to say it but, he was threatening nobody but the corner flag and the ball boys with his crap punts upfield. Add to it the bookoing and his getting niggly, if he hadn't been taken off, he could well have walked anyway with that ref.

nah he went missing for about 30 minutes, no suprise at all to me that he came off, and that we did marginally better when he did. evans had a poor game, i agree, but didnt he swap with caicedo, who was equally poor? elano was swapped for etuhu, sadly the kid made some good runs but didnt deliver anything.

The real answer is that Hughes doesn't rate him at all. I'd put a bet on that he's Italy-bound in the summer and 90% of the fans want him gone. Sure, he won't get many starts under Hughes, but he's miles better as a squad player than anything else we have available.

Elano was good today not excellent or anything but he was no worse than the likes of Ireland today who was dire by his standards.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
RealMancsAreBlue said:
Maybe if he did more than 3 good passes a game for his 50k a week he might deserve to play a full game, he might be able to thread a world class through ball every one in a while but he's still a lazy fucker, that being said Etuhu is an absolute pile of shite so its swings and roundabouts.

To right, I have had enough of him and his mate. His attitude to being subbed sums him up, straight down the tunnel, if he was world class he would not have spent the bulk of his career in the Ukraine.

Bloody right on!!

What the fook is Dunga doing picking him for his national team? The clueless cnut!!

Elano was taken off because he gave nothing to the team. He spent most of the game, strolling around, ball watching and shitting out of challenges.

Don't understand why he bought Etuhu on though. The only thing Etuhu showed was pace. He has plenty of that. But apart from that he was plain awful. His two attempts at crossing the ball in landed closer to outside the stadium then in the box. I'd prefer to see Weiss come on in that situation if a wide right player was going to be played (I know he wasn't named but he should be on the bench imo). Etuhu has always flattered to decieve for me, and he did again today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.