Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Mooner said:
So a new manager comes in gets us out of the champs league group but we only finish third in the prem. Then what?

Picture the scene....

Juergen, DD, OB1, Fantasy Ireland want you to be the new manager of MCFC but by the way you've got to get us out of the champs league (even if Barca and Bayern are in our group) and win the premier league, otherwise you get the sack. Do you want the job.......?
Yeah, I'm sure me, ob1 and FI would be a big part of the decision making process for a world class manager. Maybe I should atop posting in case I put Jose off.

You mean you don't have Mansour on speed dial!? I'll PM you the number.

I didn't know Blue Mooner was psychic and able to know what brief I would give Klopp; obviously I'd steam in and say "Roberto had three and a half years and £160 million net; you can have three and a half months and a packet of gum".

smeeagain said:
F.A cup - not difficult to win for todays elite teams ,its 5 or 6 matches ,most against dross

stability - wenger, moyes, etc doesnt ensure success , the prime minister only gets a 4 yr term if hes lucky ! we,ve put up with bob 3 1/2 yrs now

Last years title - won by the slenderest of margins imaginable ,only after almost total collapse by our rivals

lets face it with our current squad of players,any other decent manager would of achieved at least the same success , this guy is helping perpetuate the "typical city" collapses after leading against the likes of spurs last week , i cant see where his talent lies at all
lets move on

yes that fa cup is easy

wenger, moyes and other successful managers win it all the time

even baconface won it last year when he missed out on the league

doh...

Balti said:
smeeagain said:
F.A cup - not difficult to win for todays elite teams ,its 5 or 6 matches ,most against dross

stability - wenger, moyes, etc doesnt ensure success , the prime minister only gets a 4 yr term if hes lucky ! we,ve put up with bob 3 1/2 yrs now

Last years title - won by the slenderest of margins imaginable ,only after almost total collapse by our rivals

lets face it with our current squad of players,any other decent manager would of achieved at least the same success , this guy is helping perpetuate the "typical city" collapses after leading against the likes of spurs last week , i cant see where his talent lies at all
lets move on

yes that fa cup is easy

wenger, moyes and other successful managers win it all the time

even baconface won it last year when he missed out on the league

doh...

Doh!! seconded!!

From the Bluemoon/Guardian/Aggbot front page;

Manchester City must not repeat last summer's errors – Roberto Mancini

• Manager urges City hierarchy to act swiftly
• Club missed out on five targets last summer

Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Friday 26 April 2013 23.00 BST

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini
Manchester City's manager, Roberto Mancini, wants to avoid a repeat of last summer when he missed out on his top targets. Photograph: Ian Kington/AFP/Getty Images

Roberto Mancini has warned that Manchester City's chances of success in the Premier League and Champions League next season depend on not repeating the mistakes of last summer's recruitment drive. He believes it is "impossible" to sell players before buying, as was the policy, with Mancini pointing to Bayern Munich, who after securing the Bundesliga have agreed to purchase Borussia Dortmund's Mario Götze.

In the last close season Mancini missed out on his five first-choice targets of Robin van Persie, Eden Hazard, Javi Martínez, Daniele De Rossi and Daniel Agger, and was forced to settle for Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Matija Nastasic, Javi García and Maicon.

Nastasic apart, all have struggled to establish themselves in the Italian's team, and Mancini urged the City hierarchy, which is led by Ferran Soriano, the chief executive, and Txiki Begiristain, the director of football, to act swiftly this summer.

"It's important that we work well," said Mancini. "From now to August 30 [the close of the transfer window], we [must] work well and not like last year. Maybe we can do better because for two years we worked well, we had our targets and we got our targets. Three years ago we wanted to get to the Champions League and we got the Champions League and won the FA Cup. Last year we wanted to fight for the title and we won the title. This year we didn't work well but this hasn't been a bad season and, if we win the FA Cup, it is a good season. It's not important only to work well on the pitch, it's important you start to work well."

Mancini, asked if securing his prime targets was the crucial factor for success next season, said: "Yes. It's important not to make a mistake on new players. We need to do everything well."

Has the board learned from last summer? "We are people and we can make mistakes," said the manager. "No one wants to make mistakes but it can happen. It's important that we know last year we didn't work well and I hope that this year we can improve this. We have a good relationship for this. We've talked about the squad all the time that we can talk about the future, the players, but it's important that we work well."

Regarding the previous strategy of selling before buying, Mancini said: "This is impossible. Like you saw in the last week at Bayern Munich [taking Götze] – the best team in this moment with Borussia. I've read that Barça need six players – Barça! We need to add to our team."

Bayern have criticised City for their lavish-spending approach to building a successful club. Yet despite Bayern agreeing to pay the £32m buy-out clause to acquire Götze and their interest in taking another of Dortmund's best players, Robert Lewandoski, Mancini refused to return this criticism. "It's not important. In football it's good because all the people asked how it's possible that City don't win the title after spending a lot of money," he said. "There are other teams that spend more than us but this is football."

Mancini also praised the approach of Manchester United in taking the title from City. "They have a better attitude," said the manager. "We need to improve our attitude in some games and continue to work because in the end if we get second and we're in the FA Cup final, that's not a bad season."

For Saturday's visit of West Ham United Mancini expects a stern challenge. "It will be difficult, they are a physical team. [Andy] Carroll is a strong striker," he said.

Seems fair enough to me. See you in the morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/manchester-city-roberto-mancini

Yaya_Tony said:

Jamie Jackson

Manchester City's manager, Roberto Mancini, wants to avoid a repeat of last summer when he missed out on his top targets. Photograph: Ian Kington/AFP/Getty Images

Roberto Mancini has warned that Manchester City's chances of success in the Premier League and Champions League next season depend on not repeating the mistakes of last summer's recruitment drive. He believes it is "impossible" to sell players before buying, as was the policy, with Mancini pointing to Bayern Munich, who after securing the Bundesliga have agreed to purchase Borussia Dortmund's Mario Götze.

In the last close season Mancini missed out on his five first-choice targets of Robin van Persie, Eden Hazard, Javi Martínez, Daniele De Rossi and Daniel Agger, and was forced to settle for Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Matija Nastasic, Javi García and Maicon.

Nastasic apart, all have struggled to establish themselves in the Italian's team, and Mancini urged the City hierarchy, which is led by Ferran Soriano, the chief executive, and Txiki Begiristain, the director of football, to act swiftly this summer.

"It's important that we work well," said Mancini. "From now to August 30 [the close of the transfer window], we [must] work well and not like last year. Maybe we can do better because for two years we worked well, we had our targets and we got our targets. Three years ago we wanted to get to the Champions League and we got the Champions League and won the FA Cup. Last year we wanted to fight for the title and we won the title. This year we didn't work well but this hasn't been a bad season and, if we win the FA Cup, it is a good season. It's not important only to work well on the pitch, it's important you start to work well."

Mancini, asked if securing his prime targets was the crucial factor for success next season, said: "Yes. It's important not to make a mistake on new players. We need to do everything well."

Has the board learned from last summer? "We are people and we can make mistakes," said the manager. "No one wants to make mistakes but it can happen. It's important that we know last year we didn't work well and I hope that this year we can improve this. We have a good relationship for this. We've talked about the squad all the time that we can talk about the future, the players, but it's important that we work well."

Regarding the previous strategy of selling before buying, Mancini said: "This is impossible. Like you saw in the last week at Bayern Munich [taking Götze] – the best team in this moment with Borussia. I've read that Barça need six players – Barça! We need to add to our team."

Bayern have criticised City for their lavish-spending approach to building a successful club. Yet despite Bayern agreeing to pay the £32m buy-out clause to acquire Götze and their interest in taking another of Dortmund's best players, Robert Lewandoski, Mancini refused to return this criticism. "It's not important. In football it's good because all the people asked how it's possible that City don't win the title after spending a lot of money," he said. "There are other teams that spend more than us but this is football."

Mancini also praised the approach of Manchester United in taking the title from City. "They have a better attitude," said the manager. "We need to improve our attitude in some games and continue to work because in the end if we get second and we're in the FA Cup final, that's not a bad season."

For Saturday's visit of West Ham United Mancini expects a stern challenge. "It will be difficult, they are a physical team. [Andy] Carroll is a strong striker," he said.

wow grauniad bollox lol

smeeagain said:

lets move on

picard-facepalm-o.gif

mammutly said:
People should be hoping that Mancini decides to stick with us. He will have no shortage of suitors if he decides to leave and there are just a handful of managers in world football at his level - none of whom seem to be available.

All this talk of should we/should we not sack him is so far off the mark it's ridiculous. Can we keep him is the question you should be asking.

Absolutely.

de niro said:
mammutly said:
People should be hoping that Mancini decides to stick with us. He will have no shortage of suitors if he decides to leave and there are just a handful of managers in world football at his level - none of whom seem to be available.

All this talk of should we/should we not sack him is so far off the mark it's ridiculous. Can we keep him is the question you should be asking.

Absolutely.

I agree totally

some people on this forum seem to want change for the sake of change Mancini is the best manager since Mercer and I for one am not sure who would do a better job

some people seem to have got a bit carried away with success and have forgotten that even the best managers can't win everything and if Mancinis only failing is the rigged Chumps league then I for one can live with that

domestic leagues and cups is good enough for me and under Mancini we have been there or thereabouts

the Mancini out brigade are becoming an embarrassment they sound like rags ie we should win everything

de niro said:
mammutly said:

Absolutely.

Correct
You will never please the melon heads on here,they just want him gone
I'm just suprised they havnt all got together and unveiled a mancini out flag/banner yet...

Balti said:
Yaya_Tony said:

Jamie Jackson

wow grauniad bollox lol

To paraphrase Bobby: "We surrendered the title back to our mortal enemies because they had a better attitude than we did." Tantamount to making the brief for his own dismissal. Great candor, but a pretty stupid thing to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.