Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find astounding is certain city fans not giving Mancini the benefit of the doubt after winning the league LAST YEAR! It's 15 games in and you've lost faith in a winning manager for city something we haven't had for over 35 years...

hgblue said:
Damocles said:
Manager payouts aren't amortised like transfer fees, it's one big hit. And his contract will be worth a £30m payout at the end of the season, then all of his staff go too which feasibly will cost another £10m. Then the cost of a new manager and staff.

This is what you're talking about here, in a monitoring period where we are sailing very close to the wind. Sacking a manager at a total cost of £40m wiith no possible way of getting this back and we will fail FFP on the back of it.

Again, if you're going to talk about sacking the manager and the like of, then at least put the effort in to actually thik about it for more than the ten seconds it takes you to write a post.

I'd be amazed if there aren't any clauses in that contract to protect the club against the cost of a potential early parting of the ways.

There aren't in any other manager's contract, it's a standard agreement. No different than any loyalty bonus.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
So basically what you are saying that because of the FFP our owners would not sack a manager if results and performances warranted it !!! So we would have to sit back and carry on regardless - utter rubbish

Yes, our owner would not jeopardise us getting thrown out of Europe after working our bollocks off to meet FFP for three years because the manager is having a blip.

ANY1aBLUE said:
preston-blue said:
Damocles said:
So we were plotting against a manager whilst offering him a 5 year deal?

Sounds plausible.

Are you so naive as to think that contracts mean anything at all these days? And let's be honest, the contract was made just after we won the league. Do you think that the same contract would have been offered at this juncture - having won just 9 of our 22 competitive games since? Now, I'm not saying that there are plans afoot, but be honest ... if we had a vacant manager's slot right now and the three candidate's were Mourinho, Guardiola and Mancini, would you choose Mancini?

NOPE - but then I didn't want him in the first place.................totally out of his depth at this level.

Really

hgblue said:
Damocles said:
Manager payouts aren't amortised like transfer fees, it's one big hit. And his contract will be worth a £30m payout at the end of the season, then all of his staff go too which feasibly will cost another £10m. Then the cost of a new manager and staff.

This is what you're talking about here, in a monitoring period where we are sailing very close to the wind. Sacking a manager at a total cost of £40m wiith no possible way of getting this back and we will fail FFP on the back of it.

Again, if you're going to talk about sacking the manager and the like of, then at least put the effort in to actually thik about it for more than the ten seconds it takes you to write a post.

I'd be amazed if there aren't any clauses in that contract to protect the club against the cost of a potential early parting of the ways.
Be amazed all you want but no clause on earth will exist in the first year of a five year contract.

hilts said:
preston-blue said:
Damocles said:
So we were plotting against a manager whilst offering him a 5 year deal?

Sounds plausible.

Are you so naive as to think that contracts mean anything at all these days? And let's be honest, the contract was made just after we won the league. Do you think that the same contract would have been offered at this juncture - having won just 9 of our 22 competitive games since? Now, I'm not saying that there are plans afoot, but be honest ... if we had a vacant manager's slot right now and the three candidate's were Mourinho, Guardiola and Mancini, would you choose Mancini?

I am unaware that Mourinho is leaving Madrid or Guardiola wants to manage City

Quite. But the point I'm trying to make is, is Mancini deserving of the blind loyalty being offered by some on here? Anyway, it's a hypothetical situation ... but one that you didn't proffer an answer to, I see?

Damocles said:

I've noticed before, you show breathtaking naiavity when it comes to football and commercial contracts. I'm going to a party now but will fill you in on the reality of the situation tomorrow, unless someone else does in the meantime.

Rest assured it won't cost anything like forty bloody mill when we sack him.

Damocles said:
hgblue said:
Damocles said:

There aren't in any other manager's contract, it's a standard agreement. No different than any loyalty bonus.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
So basically what you are saying that because of the FFP our owners would not sack a manager if results and performances warranted it !!! So we would have to sit back and carry on regardless - utter rubbish

Yes, our owner would not jeopardise us getting thrown out of Europe after working our bollocks off to meet FFP for three years because the manager is having a blip.

Come off it, Damo. You're usually better than this. Utter nonsense.

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:

I've noticed before, you show breathtaking naiavity when it comes to football and commercial contracts. I'm going to a party now but will fill you in on the reality of the situation tomorrow.

Rest assured it won't cost anything like forty bloody mill when we sack him.
can't wait

'patronising R us'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.