Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Haze said:
The players will decide his fate. If they don't want him as a manager anymore, they won't respond to this defeat. If they will fight for him, rags will go through hell trying to keep those 6 points until May.

It's in the players' hands now. I do think if we're potless at the end, he's gone. Not sure what clauses are in his contract, no one but a few insiders would know that, but I doubt the owners will accept no trophies and losing 10-15m by failing to reach the knockout stage every season.
Today's second half tells it's own story, in that case.

Oh dear, that's knocked that argument exactly where it belongs. Well said sir

He is a decent manager, but not a great one imo.

His CL record is abysmal and what ever way you look at it, two have failed to have qualified for 2 straight years from the group stages with the likes of Aguero, Silva, Toure, Kompany is worrying imo.

Mourinho would take you to the next level though. I think Guardiola is a question mark,

FantasyIreland said:
Yaya_Tony said:
I just don't get it, I'd love you to explain why it is better to get someone else in that will most likely do a job on a par at best. No guarantees remember.

Because this fella hasn't got the ammunition,he continues to prove it.

Our football is poor,the squad is limited and predictable,it looks tired and unmotivated and,in alot of cases,lacks passion - we need new ideas,a shake up and a squad overhaul.

At the level we're operating,we'd only employ the best available,they couldn't do worse,the good chance they would do a whole lot better is worth taking IMO.
I've read this whole thread before today, and hoped my contribution would be a little bit more lucid than it has been so far. Anyway...;

We have recently had a squad overhaul, and we are still getting on with it. I can't deny Europe has been poor, but I will say we are still building. As results in our own group in CL show, nothing is guaranteed, and IMO, a change of manager would set us back a few years. We lack passion? Really?

He used to save his job at Inter with winning the league after very bad CL performances.

He saved his job at City too with winning the league. it's not just my opinion he said it himself that the "late Agüero goal" probably saved him.

Now a bad CL performance happened again he has to save his job with winning the league again basically.

Hoping he will be still at City if he doesnt win the league just because he got a 5 year contract (that was not approved by Soriano or Txiki) is a bit naive.

Mourinho can leave Real, Guardiola is surely coming back into coaching Soriano and Txiki wont sit in their offices and hope Mancini will be able to make it to the second stage of CL against teams with lesser and lot cheaper squads.

Especially with our rivals Chelsea and United absolutely can go for these managers as well.

Its like letting Hazard go to Chelsea then RVP to United. These mistakes are costing us surely Mancini is unhappy with thse things as he cites Marwood still months since august...

Soriano and Txiki arent like Marwood(or Cook). Thank God for that.

Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Haze said:
The players will decide his fate. If they don't want him as a manager anymore, they won't respond to this defeat. If they will fight for him, rags will go through hell trying to keep those 6 points until May.

It's in the players' hands now. I do think if we're potless at the end, he's gone. Not sure what clauses are in his contract, no one but a few insiders would know that, but I doubt the owners will accept no trophies and losing 10-15m by failing to reach the knockout stage every season.
Today's second half tells it's own story, in that case.
We have been doing that all season. Wait until we're down then rescue a point or three.

The improvement must reflect in the table. We're six back because the other team, for once, didn't sit back without responding to our resurgence this time. Had we advanced in Europe, this thread wouldn't exist.

NipHolmes said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
NipHolmes said:
For record don't sackings come under a bracket separate from footballing issues and board related.

To keep a manager due to fear of company figures is worrying. Marks and Spencers wouldn't be governed that way so why anyone else. Football is a product for business, if your business is suffering due to product not meeting requirements you'd change it for the better of your business. Restriction of trade and business practise to the detriment. You'd win that in court.
All a court would be interested in is what the contract provides for, to all intents and purposes.
I'm on about us with ffp in court if we got pulled up about relieving Mancini.
Ah right. I see.

John.des said:
He used to save his job at Inter with winning the league after very bad CL performances.

He saved his job at City too with winning the league. it's not just my opinion he said it himself that the "late Agüero goal" probably saved him.

Now a bad CL performance happened again he has to save his job with winning the league again basically.

Hoping he will be still at City if he doesnt win the league just because he got a 5 year contract (that was not approved by Soriano or Txiki) is a bit naive.

Mourinho can leave Real, Guardiola is surely coming back into coaching Soriano and Txiki wont sit in their offices and hope Mancini will be able to make it to the second stage of CL against teams with lesser and lot cheaper squads.

Especially with our rivals Chelsea and United absolutely can go for these managers as well.

Its like letting Hazard go to Chelsea then RVP to United. These mistakes are costing us surely Mancini is unhappy with thse things as he cites Marwood still months since august...

Soriano and Txiki arent like Marwood(or Cook). Thank God for that.

Have to agree with that statement

Yaya_Tony said:
FantasyIreland said:
Yaya_Tony said:
I just don't get it, I'd love you to explain why it is better to get someone else in that will most likely do a job on a par at best. No guarantees remember.

Our football is poor,the squad is limited and predictable,it looks tired and unmotivated and,in alot of cases,lacks passion - we need new ideas,a shake up and a squad overhaul.

At the level we're operating,we'd only employ the best available,they couldn't do worse,the good chance they would do a whole lot better is worth taking IMO.
I've read this whole thread before today, and hoped my contribution would be a little bit more lucid than it has been so far. Anyway...;

We have recently had a squad overhaul, and we are still getting on with it. I can't deny Europe has been poor, but I will say we are still building. As results in our own group in CL show, nothing is guaranteed, and IMO, a change of manager would set us back a few years. We lack passion? Really?
There's no evidence to back up your opinion, did the last change of manager set us back years?

Neil McNab said:
Yaya_Tony said:
FantasyIreland said:

There's no evidence to back up your opinion, did the last change of manager set us back years?
Hughes for Sven, then yes it did...........well a bit anyway

CC1 said:
Mr. Aguia said:
CC1 said:
It was a fair tactical decision to think we might need some height up front - the rags have a big defence. It didn't work so he brought Carlos on and he ran round like a wound up toy.....and I mean that in a positive way, he was great. But, I don't think he could have kept that up for 90 minutes. IF Mario had scored like he did during the 1-6 drubbing, then it would have been a great decision. Some things don't work...so he changed things

But this isn't October of last year. Balo hasn't played well this season. What he did last year is irrelevant. He can't keep making decisions based on last years form. He's off form this year. He was poor at Wigan but scored a great hard working goal. Other than that he hasn't done anything. Every game he's started he's sub's off barely past half time cause he's been so poor. So why start him in the derby over Tevez who's been the best player this season?

Well, hindsight it a wonderful thing.

Nothing to do with hindsight. Except if you put a months pay on a horse that's finished dead last in it's last 20 races, you could say ... with hindsight ... that it was a bad decision when it finishes second to last. Balotelli maybe had a better than usual game ... for him. But he's no Red Rum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.