Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damanino said:
Was not Khaldoon that gave Mancini the 5 year contract? surely it was not Marwood they hate each other...

Never give a manager 5 year contract if you fire him right after one unsuccesful season.

Something is not right here.

Btw it would be serious underperforming by Mancini that another big CL exit and no succes in domestic front.

People make too much about the length of Mancini's contract. He got a new one, and that was the important thing. If he were to ever be sacked, the length of his contract would have no baring on that decision. If anything, when you look at the Monaco/Russia stories, it seems Mancini had the club over a barrel as soon as Aguero knocked the winner in against QPR. His agents did a bang up job and no doubt got him a fat new contract. But it isn't the ringing endorsement of Mancini's management which some people believe it is.

BillyShears said:
Damanino said:
Was not Khaldoon that gave Mancini the 5 year contract? surely it was not Marwood they hate each other...

Never give a manager 5 year contract if you fire him right after one unsuccesful season.

Something is not right here.

Btw it would be serious underperforming by Mancini that another big CL exit and no succes in domestic front.

People make too much about the length of Mancini's contract. He got a new one, and that was the important thing. If he were to ever be sacked, the length of his contract would have no baring on that decision. If anything, when you look at the Monaco/Russia stories, it seems Mancini had the club over a barrel as soon as Aguero knocked the winner in against QPR. His agents did a bang up job and no doubt got him a fat new contract. But it isn't the ringing endorsement of Mancini's management which some people believe it is.
I'd prefer to have these discussions at the end of the season

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Can't blame the boss for the players being ineffective.

Then why have a boss ?

Seriously, and I'm not talking about yesterday because Mancini did very little wrong. But if we can't hold the manager responsible for ineffective players then who do we hold responsible. People are quick enough to come on this forum and blame failure on the support, or lack of it, in the ground, or even on the forum. Yet holding the manager responsible isn't correct ?

Personally I think your completely wrong, and it's that type of attitude which will see the club set back a decade. The expectations which surround MCFC are not pretend ones dreamed up by me and you. They are the real life expectations of our owners. I suggest you watch Khaldoun's interview the morning after the QPR match again. That isn't the air of a man who's patting himself on the back and saying "mission accomplished". City have a long way to go before we are genuinely considered on a par with teams like Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, etc. Having expectations about European football as well as domestic football is the natural order of things. Blithely saying "I'm not arsed about Europe, therefore Mancini is doing a top notch job" is a nonsense, no matter how many times it's repeated. You get paid to do a whole job, not a half a job.

The ineffective players?

Damocles said:
The ineffective players?

Individual failings yes, but collective failings, no. So, when one forward is out of form, he's out of form. When all four are out of form, the manager carries the can. One defender defends badly, and you hold him responsible. The backline defend poorly as a unit, the manager must carry the responsibility. That's just the life of being a manager.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
The ineffective players?

Individual failings yes, but collective failings, no. So, when one forward is out of form, he's out of form. When all four are out of form, the manager carries the can. One defender defends badly, and you hold him responsible. The backline defend poorly as a unit, the manager must carry the responsibility. That's just the life of being a manager.

Sounds fair. Individual errors are the players and system mistakes are the manager's fault?

All clubs go through stages where they are collectively out of form, so while it's correct that the manager ultimately carry the can for it that sort of judgement should only be made at the end of the season.

moomba said:
All clubs go through stages where they are collectively out of form, so while it's correct that the manager ultimately carry the can for it that sort of judgement should only be made at the end of the season.
Exactly

absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we end up a good few points behind united in the league at the end of the season hell be sacked and if we win the league and have another European adventure next year like we did the last 2 years hell be gone asap and rightly so as lets be honest his Europe record is embaressing.

The next few months are very big for him and the team. Lose to newcastle and were 9 points behind...

I really like him and want him to be successful with us but i can never see him doing anything with us in europe or even remotely come close to success there

moomba said:

Sure, but the discussion will be had when the team is out of form and not at the end of the season. Particularly when being out of form collectively has led to the club being knocked out of all European competitions, one domestic cup, and finding itself playing catch up with the league leaders.

If people don't want to read discussion on Mancini's tenure and future then they simply don't have to click on the threads in question.

larderland said:
absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we end up a good few points behind united in the league at the end of the season hell be sacked and if we win the league and have another European adventure next year like we did the last 2 years hell be gone asap and rightly so as lets be honest his Europe record is embaressing.

The next few months are very big for him and the team. Lose to newcastle and were 9 points behind...

I really like him and want him to be successful with us but i can never see him doing anything with us in europe or even remotely come close to success there

So his success last year doesn't gives Mancini any credit in the bank? It's one bad season and get rid? Shameful by some fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.