Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
All clubs go through stages where they are collectively out of form, so while it's correct that the manager ultimately carry the can for it that sort of judgement should only be made at the end of the season.

Sure, but the discussion will be had when the team is out of form and not at the end of the season. Particularly when being out of form collectively has led to the club being knocked out of all European competitions, one domestic cup, and finding itself playing catch up with the league leaders.

If people don't want to read discussion on Mancini's tenure and future then they simply don't have to click on the threads in question.

I'm all up for discussion on Mancini tactics and what he should be doing to rectify it! But some fans saying he will be gone if we finish 2nd without a trophy I can't get me head around..

Shall I assist?.......

Going from being 1st to being 2nd despite spending 50m on players is regression and an expensive regression at that. If that were to happen it could only realistically be seen as failure. Therefore Mancini would 100% be in danger of getting the sack.

moomba said:
Saying that's its sensible to take more more balanced and less kneejerk view of the manager is discussing his tenure and future I would have thought.

Balanced, less knee jerk, sensible, etc are wildly subjective characteristics in a discussion about a football manager. Mancini is shit in Europe. That's my opinion and one shared by many. Yet I've read that view described as knee jerk. Do I subscribe to the view that I'm being knee jerk. Fuck no. But then I understand my thought processes. I also don't just arbitrarily apply characteristics to others without understanding theirs. I'll put it another way. I could call you an ostrich, happy clapper, etc. I don't because I'm not here to pass judgement on you and I've no idea how your thought processes work. We're all here to discuss City. Saying a discussion should be left until the end of the season negates the value of the forum and why we're all here in the first place.

BillyShears said:
waspish said:
I'm all up for discussion on Mancini tactics and what he should be doing to rectify it! But some fans saying he will be gone if we finish 2nd without a trophy I can't get me head around..

I think in that situation he almost certainly will be gone. For no other reason than he wasn't employed by Ferran or Txiki, and those two are now responsible for the club and what happens on the pitch as well as off it. They will do to Mancini, what Marwood and Cook did to Hughes. They'll find an excuse and they'll bin him in favour of their mate Pep. Finishing 2nd and without the FA Cup, and I see absolutely no other scenario playing out.

Billy in sensible post rarity ;)

BillyShears said:
waspish said:

I think in that situation he almost certainly will be gone. For no other reason than he wasn't employed by Ferran or Txiki, and those two are now responsible for the club and what happens on the pitch as well as off it. They will do to Mancini, what Marwood and Cook did to Hughes. They'll find an excuse and they'll bin him in favour of their mate Pep. Finishing 2nd and without the FA Cup, and I see absolutely no other scenario playing out.

Now putting it that way I can now understand why he may go..

Stoned Rose said:
waspish said:
BillyShears said:
Sure, but the discussion will be had when the team is out of form and not at the end of the season. Particularly when being out of form collectively has led to the club being knocked out of all European competitions, one domestic cup, and finding itself playing catch up with the league leaders.

If people don't want to read discussion on Mancini's tenure and future then they simply don't have to click on the threads in question.

Shall I assist?.......

Going from being 1st to being 2nd despite spending 50m on players is regression and an expensive regression at that. If that were to happen it could only realistically be seen as failure. Therefore Mancini would 100% be in danger of getting the sack.

If we go on that basis we going to end up like Chelsea if it pays of like it has done at Chelsea fair enough but we aren't established as an top top side yet

As a CITY fan, not a chelsea fan.
Mancini has done good.
I have Faith,
He's constantly battling... with some big ego players...take balotelli walking out.
he will do it.

Finishing second behind Real Madrid or Barcelona is one thing.

Doing it behind this United side is a totally different. They would get a hiding in CL vs. Real/Barca as I hope we will see it in CL in a few months.

Given the fact United got stronger with signing RVP but we got stronger with Tevez being back. Didnt every say "wow Tevez worked all summer" on his fitness etc? Like a new signing for us?

Apart from that they did not become stronger we made sub bench players giving us fresh options (different story Mancini cant get the best out of Sinclair, Garcia but give them time maybe but also our key players are badly out of form all of them really).

Finishing behind this United side in the league hard to come up with excuses for him. For big CL succes I can accept he would need DDR, RVP like sigining. But big CL succes is like a semifinal or final.
Not a group stage surviving. What can be made with Celtic, Malaga etc.

Like we can say what a big advantage it will be if we didnt even manage to get into Europa League.(= missing out on potential coeff. points.)

Well we have 22 matches prove these things.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Saying that's its sensible to take more more balanced and less kneejerk view of the manager is discussing his tenure and future I would have thought.

Balanced, less knee jerk, sensible, etc are wildly subjective characteristics in a discussion about a football manager. Mancini is shit in Europe. That's my opinion and one shared by many. Yet I've read that view described as knee jerk. Do I subscribe to the view that I'm being knee jerk. Fuck no. But then I understand my thought processes. I also don't just arbitrarily apply characteristics to others without understanding theirs. I'll put it another way. I could call you an ostrich, happy clapper, etc. I don't because I'm not here to pass judgement on you and I've no idea how your thought processes work. We're all here to discuss City. Saying a discussion should be left until the end of the season negates the value of the forum and why we're all here in the first place.

I'm not saying discussion should be left until the end of the season, I am participating in the discussion at the moment. And I'm not saying you are being kneejerk, I'm talking general terms rather than about any specific poster. So no need to be over sensitive about that.

However, if we're talking about players being collectively out of form, and the manager carrying the can for it we need to accept that as a group their will be peaks and troughs over the course of the season.

And the manager doesn't go from being a good manager, to a bad one, to a good one, to a bad one depending on how the team is playing at that particular moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.