Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
All clubs go through stages where they are collectively out of form, so while it's correct that the manager ultimately carry the can for it that sort of judgement should only be made at the end of the season.

Sure, but the discussion will be had when the team is out of form and not at the end of the season. Particularly when being out of form collectively has led to the club being knocked out of all European competitions, one domestic cup, and finding itself playing catch up with the league leaders.

If people don't want to read discussion on Mancini's tenure and future then they simply don't have to click on the threads in question.

I'm all up for discussion on Mancini tactics and what he should be doing to rectify it! But some fans saying he will be gone if we finish 2nd without a trophy I can't get me head around..
You are not on your own mate,We have lost one game to a team that has already won at Liverpool away,Chelsea away and now us.It is very likely they will win the League and we finish second.And fans want our manager sacked for that just because we might finish second to the only team better than us right now.

We wont win the League every year,some of our fans need to give their head a wobble. Roberto has brought us the Fa Cup,Premiership,and charity shield in just 3 years.He will be with us for 5 years and we will more silver,Wenger has won nothing for years Arsenal still have him in charge,our manager is successful and some want him gone.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Saying that's its sensible to take more more balanced and less kneejerk view of the manager is discussing his tenure and future I would have thought.

Balanced, less knee jerk, sensible, etc are wildly subjective characteristics in a discussion about a football manager. Mancini is shit in Europe. That's my opinion and one shared by many. Yet I've read that view described as knee jerk. Do I subscribe to the view that I'm being knee jerk. Fuck no. But then I understand my thought processes. I also don't just arbitrarily apply characteristics to others without understanding theirs. I'll put it another way. I could call you an ostrich, happy clapper, etc. I don't because I'm not here to pass judgement on you and I've no idea how your thought processes work. We're all here to discuss City. Saying a discussion should be left until the end of the season negates the value of the forum and why we're all here in the first place.

I'm not saying discussion should be left until the end of the season, I am participating in the discussion at the moment. And I'm not saying you are being kneejerk, I'm talking general terms rather than about any specific poster. So no need to be over sensitive about that.

However, if we're talking about players being collectively out of form, and the manager carrying the can for it we need to accept that as a group their will be peaks and troughs over the course of the season.

And the manager doesn't go from being a good manager, to a bad one, to a good one, to a bad one depending on how the team is playing at that particular moment.

The peaks and troughs can't be so far apart you end up looking like schoolboys in an important competition like the CL and being knocked out early doors.

As for how good Mancini is. He isn't good enough in my book. Time will tell what the new guys at the top think.

BillyShears said:
waspish said:
I'm all up for discussion on Mancini tactics and what he should be doing to rectify it! But some fans saying he will be gone if we finish 2nd without a trophy I can't get me head around..

I think in that situation he almost certainly will be gone. For no other reason than he wasn't employed by Ferran or Txiki, and those two are now responsible for the club and what happens on the pitch as well as off it. They will do to Mancini, what Marwood and Cook did to Hughes. They'll find an excuse and they'll bin him in favour of their mate Pep. Finishing 2nd and without the FA Cup, and I see absolutely no other scenario playing out.
Pep's preferred option is Bayern now and he wants to decide next month so if we want him we must act now.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:23 pm --<br /><br />Also oir numbers this season - 24Pld 10W 9D 5L 42:31 so we won only 41,7% of our matches. Not good enough.

thedogsbollocks said:
waspish said:
BillyShears said:
Sure, but the discussion will be had when the team is out of form and not at the end of the season. Particularly when being out of form collectively has led to the club being knocked out of all European competitions, one domestic cup, and finding itself playing catch up with the league leaders.

If people don't want to read discussion on Mancini's tenure and future then they simply don't have to click on the threads in question.

You are not on your own mate,We have lost one game to a team that has already won at Liverpool away,Chelsea away and now us.It is very likely they will win the League and we finish second.And fans want our manager sacked for that just because we might finish second to the only team better than us right now.

We wont win the League every year,some of our fans need to give their head a wobble. Roberto has brought us the Fa Cup,Premiership,and charity shield in just 3 years.He will be with us for 5 years and we will more silver,Wenger has won nothing for years Arsenal still have him in charge,our manager is successful and some want him gone.

Can't believe your comparing City to Arsenal. Compare budgets.

Talking (the dogs) bollocks here.

We should be compared to United (we have better side) and Chelsea (again we have better side). Comparing us to an Arsenal side that sold Nasri, Fabregas, Song, Clichy and RVP in last 2 seasons is ridiculous.

thedogsbollocks said:
waspish said:
BillyShears said:

Man Utd is a better team because they have a better manager, not because they have better individual players. That alone proves that you should look around for another manager.

Yes, Mancini won three thropies and I am aware that Man City fans treat him as a hero for that. However, I think that those people are still missing the big picture. Man City has invested over last 5 years more than any other club in England, you have currently the best squad in England, you had it also last year. You should be playing CL semi finals or quarter finals at least because the squad definitely has the potential. As regards Premier League, you were for me last year favourite No 1 and for many other neutral followers.

You need to stop drawing comparisons to a Man City before sheikh Mansour, you had an average team back then and were clearly not able to compete with the top teams. Now you have de facto unlimited funds and best players. Considering all this, those three thropies were nothing extraordinary given the circumstances, even if you fans think that it's a huge achievement. You have to aim for more, especially in CL, and you shouldn't wait another 5 years to achieve it. I personally think that this team could be one of the best with the right manager...

IMO Mancini is a good manager, but you need better than good.

_dreamer_ said:
thedogsbollocks said:
waspish said:

Man Utd is a better team because they have a better manager, not because they have better individual players. That alone proves that you should look around for another manager.

Yes, Mancini won three thropies and I am aware that Man City fans treat him as a hero for that. However, I think that those people are still missing the big picture. Man City has invested over last 5 years more than any other club in England, you have currently the best squad in England, you had it also last year. You should be playing CL semi finals or quarter finals at least because the squad definitely has the potential. As regards Premier League, you were for me last year favourite No 1 and for many other neutral followers.

You need to stop drawing comparisons to a Man City before sheikh Mansour, you had an average team back then and were clearly not able to compete with the top teams. Now you have de facto unlimited funds and best players. Considering all this, those three thropies were nothing extraordinary given the circumstances, even if you fans think that it's a huge achievement. You have to aim for more, especially in CL, and you shouldn't wait another 5 years to achieve it. I personally think that this team could be one of the best with the right manager...

IMO Mancini is a good manager, but you need better than good.

Cant fault you at all, very good points

NipHolmes said:
thedogsbollocks said:
waspish said:

We should be compared to United (we have better side) and Chelsea (again we have better side). Comparing us to an Arsenal side that sold Nasri, Fabregas, Song, Clichy and RVP in last 2 seasons is ridiculous.
I am comparing nothing more than managers.If wenger was at our club he would be lucky to last a season,yet it is generally acknowledged he is one off the best in the game as regards buying,selling,managing etc.Roberto has been with us 3 years we have won the FA Cup,Premiership,Charity Shield that is success.Even the best managers have baron seasons look across the road.We don't need change and upheaval ,we need to regroup sell the deadwood and our reward will follow.Developing as a team,is about taking the bad times with the good times and learning from your mistakes,we might actually win the League if we take the positives from our defeat yesterday.In May we might look back at yesterday and say that was actually the day we won the league because it made us regroup and rethink etc.Am i making sense apologies if not.

Basically Bobby has done a fantastic job for us, no-one can argue with that and i am forever grateful that he achieved us getting our 1st premier title, an FA Cup win and charity shield to boot.

But we have failed miserably in the champions league which was no-one else's fault except Bobby's tactical failings. This season for whatever reason he does not seem to be getting the very best out of the players. At first we all felt it was a happy hangover from our title success - but it is still ongoing. We played well yesterday, probably our best so far, but that was to be expected as it was a derby game.

We would all love Bobby to stay for the remainder of his contract and take us to further highs, but I honestly can't see it happening. Bobby does not have the best record in Europe as it proved at Inter, despite winning league titles the next step is European success which he just could not achieve.

Come the end of the season his position will be reviewed and our failure in the CL will be a big discussion. You could blame it on not getting our first choice targets this summer (which turned into a disaster in my book) but we then have to ask why the hell did we not go out and actually purchase these players for Bobby to utilise.

Soriano and Tixi will be looking at Pep no doubt as his replacement. Those 2 brought Pep into Barca to achieve the success they got. That is the mission statement of our owners - success both on and off the field. For me it all looks as though come the summer regardless of retaining the league title, If Pep stated to Soriano that he wants to come to City then it will be done.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Basically Bobby has done a fantastic job for us, no-one can argue with that and i am forever grateful that he achieved us getting our 1st premier title, an FA Cup win and charity shield to boot.

But we have failed miserably in the champions league which was no-one else's fault except Bobby's tactical failings. This season for whatever reason he does not seem to be getting the very best out of the players. At first we all felt it was a happy hangover from our title success - but it is still ongoing. We played well yesterday, probably our best so far, but that was to be expected as it was a derby game.

We would all love Bobby to stay for the remainder of his contract and take us to further highs, but I honestly can't see it happening. Bobby does not have the best record in Europe as it proved at Inter, despite winning league titles the next step is European success which he just could not achieve.

Come the end of the season his position will be reviewed and our failure in the CL will be a big discussion. You could blame it on not getting our first choice targets this summer (which turned into a disaster in my book) but we then have to ask why the hell did we not go out and actually purchase these players for Bobby to utilise.

Soriano and Tixi will be looking at Pep no doubt as his replacement. Those 2 brought Pep into Barca to achieve the success they got. That is the mission statement of our owners - success both on and off the field. For me it all looks as though come the summer regardless of retaining the league title, If Pep stated to Soriano that he wants to come to City then it will be done.

I think the new Academy will have a big impact on what happens together with results on the pitch.

The one thing that struck me about Barcelona was how a player could just come in,perform the way they all do and not look out of place.

We havent produced one player good enough to do that in four years.

Mancini is under pressure now this season based purely on our shocking performance in the CL. I have no doubts about that.

thedogsbollocks said:
NipHolmes said:
thedogsbollocks said:

I am comparing nothing more than managers.If wenger was at our club he would be lucky to last a season,yet it is generally acknowledged he is one off the best in the game as regards buying,selling,managing etc.Roberto has been with us 3 years we have won the FA Cup,Premiership,Charity Shield that is success.Even the best managers have baron seasons look across the road.We don't need change and upheaval ,we need to regroup sell the deadwood and our reward will follow.Developing as a team,is about taking the bad times with the good times and learning from your mistakes,we might actually win the League if we take the positives from our defeat yesterday.In May we might look back at yesterday and say that was actually the day we won the league because it made us regroup and rethink etc.Am i making sense apologies if not.

If Wenger was at our club we would be playing a more attacking style which fits us better. Our youth would have a style of play and our European ventures would be better. Only our defender would worsen haha.

Fair post but don't be fooled about Wenger. It's the board not him. He's treading water until they pay debt off, its a harder job than to spend and win imho. Keeping fans happy who pay most in league whily forever selling off fan fave players is a thankless task. His wages make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.