Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Basically Bobby has done a fantastic job for us, no-one can argue with that and i am forever grateful that he achieved us getting our 1st premier title, an FA Cup win and charity shield to boot.

But we have failed miserably in the champions league which was no-one else's fault except Bobby's tactical failings. This season for whatever reason he does not seem to be getting the very best out of the players. At first we all felt it was a happy hangover from our title success - but it is still ongoing. We played well yesterday, probably our best so far, but that was to be expected as it was a derby game.

We would all love Bobby to stay for the remainder of his contract and take us to further highs, but I honestly can't see it happening. Bobby does not have the best record in Europe as it proved at Inter, despite winning league titles the next step is European success which he just could not achieve.

Come the end of the season his position will be reviewed and our failure in the CL will be a big discussion. You could blame it on not getting our first choice targets this summer (which turned into a disaster in my book) but we then have to ask why the hell did we not go out and actually purchase these players for Bobby to utilise.

Soriano and Tixi will be looking at Pep no doubt as his replacement. Those 2 brought Pep into Barca to achieve the success they got. That is the mission statement of our owners - success both on and off the field. For me it all looks as though come the summer regardless of retaining the league title, If Pep stated to Soriano that he wants to come to City then it will be done.

I think the new Academy will have a big impact on what happens together with results on the pitch.

The one thing that struck me about Barcelona was how a player could just come in,perform the way they all do and not look out of place.

We havent produced one player good enough to do that in four years.

Mancini is under pressure now this season based purely on our shocking performance in the CL. I have no doubts about that.

Exactly...Soriano and Tixi modelled Barca to the specification that Pep required it to be. Pep along with Soriano wanted to bring through the youth talent. Tixi streamlined Barca to make the squad a close knit one so that players along with the manager became like a family of sorts.

This is what will be happening behind closed doors at our club. Tixi I believe will be looking to stream line the squad, cut the wage bill and leave a roster of players that Pep can work with, and then nurture class through the academy into the 1st squad as well. The model plan for me is starting to resemble the one that began at barca with Soriano and Tixi in charge.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Basically Bobby has done a fantastic job for us, no-one can argue with that and i am forever grateful that he achieved us getting our 1st premier title, an FA Cup win and charity shield to boot.

But we have failed miserably in the champions league which was no-one else's fault except Bobby's tactical failings. This season for whatever reason he does not seem to be getting the very best out of the players. At first we all felt it was a happy hangover from our title success - but it is still ongoing. We played well yesterday, probably our best so far, but that was to be expected as it was a derby game.

We would all love Bobby to stay for the remainder of his contract and take us to further highs, but I honestly can't see it happening. Bobby does not have the best record in Europe as it proved at Inter, despite winning league titles the next step is European success which he just could not achieve.

Come the end of the season his position will be reviewed and our failure in the CL will be a big discussion. You could blame it on not getting our first choice targets this summer (which turned into a disaster in my book) but we then have to ask why the hell did we not go out and actually purchase these players for Bobby to utilise.

Soriano and Tixi will be looking at Pep no doubt as his replacement. Those 2 brought Pep into Barca to achieve the success they got. That is the mission statement of our owners - success both on and off the field. For me it all looks as though come the summer regardless of retaining the league title, If Pep stated to Soriano that he wants to come to City then it will be done.

I think the new Academy will have a big impact on what happens together with results on the pitch.

The one thing that struck me about Barcelona was how a player could just come in,perform the way they all do and not look out of place.

Mancini is under pressure now this season based purely on our shocking performance in the CL. I have no doubts about that.

This is why I think Bobby will go and Pep will come in. A uniform playing style, experience of academy promotion and European form. Let's also take into account he is super close to our board.

NipHolmes said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

This is why I think Bobby will go and Pep will come in. A uniform playing style, experience of academy promotion and European form. Let's also take into account he is super close to our board.

Pep will not be coming here, if he goes to any club in the UK it will be Arsenal absolutely nailed on

Ducado said:
NipHolmes said:

Pep will not be coming here, if he goes to any club in the UK it will be Arsenal absolutely nailed on

Arsenal...you having a laugh. What the hell makes you think it is nailed on that he will go to Arsenal !! If you actually think that Soriano/Tixi now that Pep is available to go back into management come next summer and allow him to sign for Arsenal. sorry i can't see that at all.

bapi said:
BillyShears said:
waspish said:
I'm all up for discussion on Mancini tactics and what he should be doing to rectify it! But some fans saying he will be gone if we finish 2nd without a trophy I can't get me head around..

I think in that situation he almost certainly will be gone. For no other reason than he wasn't employed by Ferran or Txiki, and those two are now responsible for the club and what happens on the pitch as well as off it. They will do to Mancini, what Marwood and Cook did to Hughes. They'll find an excuse and they'll bin him in favour of their mate Pep. Finishing 2nd and without the FA Cup, and I see absolutely no other scenario playing out.
Pep's preferred option is Bayern now and he wants to decide next month so if we want him we must act now.

-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:23 pm --

Also oir numbers this season - 24Pld 10W 9D 5L 42:31 so we won only 41,7% of our matches. Not good enough.
You say Pep to Bayern as fact, where do you get info from?

I think Bayern link is leverage personally.

Not sure Mancini is a manager that is ready to throw in youngsters. We have to be winning a PL match 5-0 in 85. minute to give maybe once 5 minutes playing time to players like Razak.

Dont think it would be any different next year. Klopp was ready to throw in some 19 year old unknown guys against us and still won. Mancini had Mepen-Walter on the bench and Evans maybe but got no chance in a match where he didnt want to win as some said here...

Really only chance for them is League Cup and FA Cup until we face lower league teams.

But even in League Cup it was Balo, Tevez, Milner, Kolo, Lescott, Kolarov, Barry.
Ok Suarez and Razak started at least but both were subbed.

We still lost 2-4 against a very bad Villa side full youngsters side probably could as just as bad.

Mancini is crying over DDR/RVP/Hazard and is unappy that he has only Balo/Dzeko and Barry/Garcia and Nasri/Sinclair instead of these expensive world class players.

He is risking his job again with the struggles in the league. Last thing will be from his is putting in some youth players. On the bench maybe if we have 6-7 players injured.

Ducado said:
NipHolmes said:

Chelsea you'd have a point but not Arsenal. They won't pay for the players he wants and nor will they allow him to keep the stars he unearths.

I fancy Martinez for that job for the record. A punt but can see it.

Where do you get this from if I may ask?

NipHolmes said:
I think Bayern link is leverage personally.

Now that is nailed on. Pep to Germany as about as likely as Mourinho to Paris. Leverage, and very transparent leverage at that.

we have the winter transfer window to make couple of changes with the help of the new football director. whatever effect this will have on the team/results by the end of the season will determine the fate of mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.