Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
inchy14 said:

Go back 10 pages or so, question was asked 'lose CL final, or win FA cup?'
A couple answered lose CL, I think nip was one of these.

I've been back 25 pages but I can't see owt. I'll take your word for it, although I'm getting a whiff of one of DD's straw men about your argument. There's a world of difference between someone genuinely not wanting City to win a trophy in isolation, and them choosing one of 2 trophies in an either/or debate

Trust me mate it was said, and as for a world of difference between winning a trophy in isolation or choosing one, it seems we've forgotten where we were 2 seasons ago.

Winning our third trophy in 3 years is a sight i never thought i'd see again, so for people to say they'd rather lose in the CL than win the FA cup because it'll raise the profile of the club astounds me.

Lets worry about becoming a real domestic force year in before worrying about being a major European one.

'Rather be second best in Europe than the best in England', FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Anyway...I am off now to enjoy my children and have a fantastic day knowing the outers are seriously going to be so pissed off when Bobby and his team lift another trophy on the 11th of May.
Please don't upset the football gods mate.

Morning pal..Fear not..I have every confidence.
Well bottle some up and send it my way ha.

There isn't half some bollocks being spouted in here.

The classic line that I keep seeing from the "inners" here is...

"The outers will be pissed off if Mancini lifts the FA Cup".

No. No they won't. They will be as happy as the inners. Why? Because they support the same fucking team as you. Just because there's City fans out there that believe there's different/better options than Mancini going forward, does not mean that if he leads City to another FA fucking Cup that they will be pissed off. Anybody who comes out with some tripe like that is either a complete penis or plainly on the WUM.

As for those bringing up the "lose a final or win a final" discussion, at least put some context into it. The question was...

"Would you rather win the FA Cup Final or lose the Champions League Final".

The question wasn't as simple as "would you rather win or lose a final", was it?

I can see both sides of the argument. Understandably, there's those who think winning trophies is the one thing we follow our teams for. Then there's those who are seeing the bigger picture and feel progression to the CL final, regardless of whether they lose it or not, is more beneficial than lifting the FA Cup. Again, I can see that side of the argument.

Why people feel the need to spout bullshit lines or twist people's words is beyond me. The only reason I can think of is to try and back up one's side of the argument that their on.

The fact is that both the outers and the inners have their reasons/opinions on Mancini/Man City and both are entirely justified.

sjk2008 said:

No. No they won't. They will be as happy as the inners. Why? Because they support the same fucking team as you. Just because there's City fans out there that believe there's different/better options than Mancini going forward, does not mean that if he leads City to another FA fucking Cup that they will be pissed off. Anybody who comes out with some tripe like that is either a complete penis or plainly on the WUM.

As for those bringing up the "lose a final or win a final" discussion, at least put some context into it. The question was...

The question wasn't as simple as "would you rather win or lose a final", was it?

I can see both sides of the argument. Understandably, there's those who think winning trophies is the one thing we follow our teams for. Then there's those who are seeing the bigger picture and feel progression to the CL final, regardless of whether they lose it or not, is more beneficial than lifting the FA Cup. Again, I can see that side of the argument.

Why people feel the need to spout bullshit lines or twist people's words is beyond me. The only reason I can think of is to try and back up one's side of the argument that their on.

The fact is that both the outers and the inners have their reasons/opinions on Mancini/Man City and both are entirely justified.
SJK, I note that you once again side with the 'Outers' here yet you talk about 'spout bullshit lines or twist people's words'. From what I've read this happens on both sides yet you choose to protect only one.

I know which side your bread's buttered son ;)

Re: Mancini is City's greatest ever manager!

jimharri said:
joe%20mercer.ashx

Not yet, he's not.

This is the man who still has that honour, IMHO.

Depends on how you measure it!
If your counting 'Total pots won' or 'Max pots won in a single season' then it is indeed Joe Mercer.
if your counting 'Average pots won per season as manager' then it is Roberto Mancini.

Re: Mancini is City's greatest ever manager!

BlueAnorak said:
jimharri said:
joe%20mercer.ashx

Not yet, he's not.

This is the man who still has that honour, IMHO.

Depends on how you measure it!
If your counting 'Total pots won' or 'Max pots won in a single season' then it is indeed Joe Mercer.
if your counting 'Average pots won per season as manager' then it is Roberto Mancini.
Good to see nobody's gone down the line of belittling any of the manager's that have brought us success. They're all legend's in my book.

The Future's Blue said:
sjk2008 said:

SJK, I note that you once again side with the 'Outers' here yet you talk about 'spout bullshit lines or twist people's words'. From what I've read this happens on both sides yet you choose to protect only one.

I'm not on any side. I've mentioned time & time again how I can see both sides points of view.

But this whole "I bet the outers will hate it when City win the FA Cup" bollocks, is exactly that! Bollocks.

I refuse to believe those who are saying it actually believe it to be true. City fans who've followed them for years or even decades would not be delighted to win a trophy just because they feel there's a better managerial option out there?

Nope, not having that.

I wanted Dickov out for about 5 months because I feared relegation. If someone was to make out that I'd be delighted if we got relegated as long as it meant Dickov was sacked I'd be inclined to lamp them one.

inchy14 said:

I've been back 25 pages but I can't see owt. I'll take your word for it, although I'm getting a whiff of one of DD's straw men about your argument. There's a world of difference between someone genuinely not wanting City to win a trophy in isolation, and them choosing one of 2 trophies in an either/or debate

Here you go, from page 373.....

The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
I'd sooner be second best in Europe than best in England.

DEAR. FUCKING. GOD.

sjk2008 said:
The Future's Blue said:
sjk2008 said:

I'm not on any side. I've mentioned time & time again how I can see both sides points of view.

But this whole "I bet the outers will hate it when City win the FA Cup" bollocks, is exactly that! Bollocks.

I refuse to believe those who are saying it actually believe it to be true. City fans who've followed them for years or even decades would not be delighted to win a trophy just because they feel there's a better managerial option out there?

Nope, not having that.
I completely agree mate, I can't see any City fan not wanting to win and celebrating the success. It maybe tinged but it certainly won't spoil the enjoyment of it.

I'll put my perception of your 'Outer' status to who you back up on here. It's good to be part of a crew.

The Flash said:
inchy14 said:

Here you go, from page 373.....

The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
I'd sooner be second best in Europe than best in England.

DEAR. FUCKING. GOD.

As someone who thinks Nip posts' are good in the main, that was an odd one I agree. As was the corruption and "Giggs on EPO" malarky yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.