Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

The Flash said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
inchy14 said:
Go back 10 pages or so, question was asked 'lose CL final, or win FA cup?'
A couple answered lose CL, I think nip was one of these.

I've been back 25 pages but I can't see owt. I'll take your word for it, although I'm getting a whiff of one of DD's straw men about your argument. There's a world of difference between someone genuinely not wanting City to win a trophy in isolation, and them choosing one of 2 trophies in an either/or debate

Here you go, from page 373.....

The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
I'd sooner be second best in Europe than best in England.

DEAR. FUCKING. GOD.

So exactly as I predicted then, a straw man argument. "I'd sooner be second best in Europe than best in England" gets deliberately twisted into "I want City to lose in a final", because it's easier to ridicule the latter statement.......even though neither Nip, nor anyone else, actually said it!

FantasyIreland said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
knowing the outers are seriously going to be so pissed off when Bobby and his team lift another trophy on the 11th of May.

Are you wired right?

Once again,because it doesn't seem to be sinking in....... Regardless of our individual opinions on the manager and,subsequently,what side you sit on,ultimately,we all want what's best for Manchester City.

Just because some of us believe he should have had greater success and made better progress with our amazing resources doesn't detract from the fact that winning the trophies he has isn't fantastic,so,rest assured,i will be as ecstatic as you.

Hopefully that is now clear,if not,i'll be happy to simplify it further.

You're wasting your breath mate. There are amoeba on Mars with a greater capacity for assimilating information. If he wasn't able to claim that all the outers 'hate' Mancini and want 'City to lose', he'd have nothing left to say.........

The Flash said:
I've been back 25 pages but I can't see owt. I'll take your word for it, although I'm getting a whiff of one of DD's straw men about your argument. There's a world of difference between someone genuinely not wanting City to win a trophy in isolation, and them choosing one of 2 trophies in an either/or debate

The Flash said:
DEAR. FUCKING. GOD.

So exactly as I predicted then, a straw man argument. "I'd sooner be second best in Europe than best in England" gets deliberately twisted into "I want City to lose in a final", because it's easier to ridicule the latter statement.......even though neither Nip, nor anyone else, actually said it!

Sorry mate but it was said.

He'd rather lose in the CL because of the prestige, revenue etc.. it would bring than winning the FA cup.

Ask him, sure he'll admit it.

The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:

Have a look how many said the same as me when that question was asked.

One comp is worth something daft like £2.5m and the other £50m. Is it any wonder why clubs rest players for CL and field weakened teams in the FA Cup?

I personally would like both and I agree success is an obvious positive but lets have it right. Money is just as important and so too is exposure. Finishing runner up in CL is worth like £35-40m whereas FA Cup is a drop in the ocean comparatively.

I think this is where we differ Nip. You are looking at it from the joyless position that football is a business. This quest to see the bigger picture. And yes, football is big business now.

But I look at it as a City fan, and nowadays it's about what we see out on the pitch and seeing big shiny trophies being held aloft by a dashing Italian bloke.

That is the joy of football.

If you want to follow a club where the balance sheet is prized more highly than a trophy then Arsenal are the best example of that.

The money will take care of itself. I'm just looking forward to the cup final.

Arsenal are fundamentally in opposite direction than ourselves, they want to get into Europe solely to pocket the profit. We will use this cash to cover costs and reduce losses and then break even. Once we start to turn a profit and churn players out the academy (to keep and sell) then we will be a MASSIVE threat to all of club football and that's when the fun starts.

You make a good point about me being detached somewhat. I'd agree with that but I choose to be like this. I am a fan of football but also business. I enjoy digesting information about the whole project as well as on field success rather than just taking each game as it comes and going with the flow.

The joys of football are winning games and achieving success in competitions but the biggest joy is watching my/our team grow from a mid table outfit to a giant in football. For me that's the biggest joy.

Not saying for a minute some don't understand but I do believe some simply don't comprehend how big this project is. Don't take this out of context but an FA Cup is only part of the journey, Europe is KEY.

I do sound joyless don't I hahaha.

Its Arsenal and Wenger that are hugely responsible for encouraging this idea that success isn't as important as finances.

Getting 4th place is better than winning a trophy etc.

Load of bollocks if you ask me. I wonder if their supporters now would have preferred they won the FA Cup the year they lost the champions league final.

The cookie monster said:
They have already gone on record as saying they want him gone no matter what
Refuse to acknowledge his name,they won't clap towards him,join in with the other 40'000 in singing his name,they have a dislike for the bloke

So if or when he holds the trophy above his head I expect them to keep true to form and stay silent
They will still cheer the team just not mancini.

How does that correlate with the logic of some wanting him not to succeed in guiding our team to success?

That's taking 1+2+3 and coming out with Xylophone.

I drive up to the Eithad to watch Manchester City. I didn't realise it was Manciniester City.

NipHolmes said:
I drive up to the Eithad to watch Manchester City. I didn't realise it was Manciniester City.

Its both fascinating and bewildering that their man love is greater than that they have for the club.

The cookie monster said:
They have already gone on record as saying they want him gone no matter what
Refuse to acknowledge his name,they won't clap towards him,join in with the other 40'000 in singing his name,they have a dislike for the bloke

So if or when he holds the trophy above his head I expect them to keep true to form and stay silent
They will still cheer the team just not mancini.

More fallacy presented as fact. You don't work for the Daily Mail do you?! Whatever, just to clarify that even as an 'outer', I have no problem singing Mancini's name, and indeed do so every single week. And I suspect 95% of the rest of the 'outers' do too, because, and here's a notion that I know you're going to struggle with, they're all City fans and they want us to succeed! Is that smoke coming out of your ears? Does not compute, does not compute! Stand well back everyone, he's gonna blow!

City the club come before anyone,owner,manager etc etc
Thats not up for debate
I'm merely saying some of the outers will not aknowledge mancini at wembley just like they don't at most other matches,and your one of them.
Is that clear enough to you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.