Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Back on topic, I note that the Fink Tank in The Times has published their assessment of the difference between points won and what each team's estimated wage bill would lead you to expect them to achieve.

Not surprisingly, Ferguson comes top with 16.8 points. Mancini is almost bang on expectation with 0.2 points.

The other main over achievers are Moyes, Laudrup and AVB.

Inners and Outers will no doubt spin the results as they see fit and some will just dismiss them as stats.

For me the results largely confirm my opinion and I'd say that if you want a manager who produces a team where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, Bobby is not ticking that box.

hgblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Davs 19 said:
How many times are you going to resort to the Irani jibe ? You're beginning to make Ronnie the rag look like an intellectual giant. At least show a bit of imagination with your insults ;.)

This is the modus operandi of many 'outers'.
They like to assume the intellectual high ground, so they belittle other threads, or the Cellar, or anything where folk are having a bit of lighthearted fun, because these 'outers' are serious people, with no time for humour, or discussing worldly matters.
City is their only interest, so they will focus on the odd daft Cellar or General Football thread to make themselves look superior, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that politics/abortion/Israel/religion and other heavyweight topics are discussed there on a daily basis.
Debates that these colossal intellects actually contribute fuck all to, because they are surgically attached to threads like this, and they never venture elsewhere.
Occasionally one of them will pop in the Cellar to tell us how thick we all are.
The irony of this never fails to amuse.

Would that be the thread in The Cellar that the likes of you had hijacked to make personal attacks on fellow Forum members and the main Forum in general? The irony of that amuse you as well?

Are you really so precious that a few folk having a laugh at the hysteria we see on here, especially after a defeat, upsets you that much?
It's one thread out of fucking thousands that takes the mickey in a lighthearted way.
If that bothers you, then you really do need to grow a pair, and learn to laugh at yourself now and again.

OB1 said:
I started from fairly neutral stand point on the Mancini debate (I'm still hovering around 5.5. on a 10 scale of thinking he should go)
I'm an 8/10 due to the worrying trend of the squad playing down to the level of the opposition. That said, it has to be the right appointment and there are few that match up well.

OB1 said:
and it was certainly my impression from the outset that the Inners start(ed) the "attacks" on Outers and that the Outers then respond to that; it's still my view.
That's wildly incorrect as certain individuals started the attacks a couple weeks after winning the title going on about the poor quality of fans the club has in general.

OB1 said:
For what its worth, it was also my impression at the start that the Outers generally (not exclusively) made the more reasoned and compelling arguments.
Sometimes. Other times it's a matter of spurious grudges against other forum members. This applies both ways though.

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
and it was certainly my impression from the outset that the Inners start(ed) the "attacks" on Outers and that the Outers then respond to that; it's still my view.
That's wildly incorrect as certain individuals started the attacks a couple weeks after winning the title going on about the poor quality of fans the club has in general.

I didn't see that so can't comment on that; I'm just talking about from the point that I started looking at the various threads on Mancini and Pep and Mou. I didn't start out as an Outer (and actually I don't like the labels as I see many things as being gray rather than black and white) although I did think if the opportunity to get Pep or Mou was there, it should be taken. Consequently, I did form views on the different factions from a neutral stand point.

Perception is reality.<br /><br />-- Sat May 04, 2013 11:58 am --<br /><br />
Exeter Blue I am here said:
LoveCity said:
What exactly did he say at his press conference today?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3756169.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_05_03" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foo ... 2013_05_03</a>

Thought he made his point pretty well regarding press rumours, and did it in a matter of fact tone that should have headed any "Furious Mancini losing the plot" headlines off at the pass. Didn't look like a man planning to resign at the end of the season, as has been hinted

He looked very chilled.

Let's hope we are all as chilled after today's game against one of those sides that present an opportunity to show that he has solutions to the kind of opposition approach that causes us problems.

bluefandk said:
Mancini is the best manager available, in the opion of most City supporters, so to acuse them of putting their love of Mancini ahead of whats best for the club is daft.

You are simply doing what the Mancini haters alwas do, trying to pretend that Mancini is so shit that anyone who disagrees with you must not have the best intrest of the club as their top priority.

The people who dont want Mancini sacked have that opinion because they think its what is best for the club.

Mancini is far from shit,he's good just not good enough.

Jose,the most obvious,is available,so are many others.

FantasyIreland said:
bluefandk said:
Mancini is the best manager available, in the opion of most City supporters, so to acuse them of putting their love of Mancini ahead of whats best for the club is daft.

You are simply doing what the Mancini haters alwas do, trying to pretend that Mancini is so shit that anyone who disagrees with you must not have the best intrest of the club as their top priority.

The people who dont want Mancini sacked have that opinion because they think its what is best for the club.

And this is the point of divergence between me and many labeled as Outers. There are a choice few who are as good or better than Mancini.

33eo9xy.jpg

There's a market for this stuff.

FantasyIreland said:
bluefandk said:

Jose is going to Chelsea according to his agent, there are perhaps a handfull of manegers in the world who are at the same level as Mancini and none of them would guarentee better results than Mancini.

Mancini wins trophies, manegers like that are very hard to come by so I think we should stick with him, will Mancini Guarantee success? obviusly not but there is no such guarantee to be had which seems to be what the outers want.

bluefandk said:
...there are perhaps a handfull of manegers in the world who are at the same level as Mancini and none of them would guarentee better results than Mancini.

Mancini wins trophies, manegers like that are very hard to come by so I think we should stick with him, will Mancini Guarantee success? obviusly not but there is no such guarantee to be had which seems to be what the outers want.

So why are there eight Premier League managers that the Fink Tank calculates have overachieved in the league; whereas Mancini is rated as doing what City's wage bill would suggest he does?

Why couldn't some of those managers have achieved what Mancini has if they had his resources?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.