Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
Have a look how many said the same as me when that question was asked.

One comp is worth something daft like £2.5m and the other £50m. Is it any wonder why clubs rest players for CL and field weakened teams in the FA Cup?

I personally would like both and I agree success is an obvious positive but lets have it right. Money is just as important and so too is exposure. Finishing runner up in CL is worth like £35-40m whereas FA Cup is a drop in the ocean comparatively.

I think this is where we differ Nip. You are looking at it from the joyless position that football is a business. This quest to see the bigger picture. And yes, football is big business now.

But I look at it as a City fan, and nowadays it's about what we see out on the pitch and seeing big shiny trophies being held aloft by a dashing Italian bloke.

That is the joy of football.

If you want to follow a club where the balance sheet is prized more highly than a trophy then Arsenal are the best example of that.

The money will take care of itself. I'm just looking forward to the cup final.

Arsenal are fundamentally in opposite direction than ourselves, they want to get into Europe solely to pocket the profit. We will use this cash to cover costs and reduce losses and then break even. Once we start to turn a profit and churn players out the academy (to keep and sell) then we will be a MASSIVE threat to all of club football and that's when the fun starts.

You make a good point about me being detached somewhat. I'd agree with that but I choose to be like this. I am a fan of football but also business. I enjoy digesting information about the whole project as well as on field success rather than just taking each game as it comes and going with the flow.

The joys of football are winning games and achieving success in competitions but the biggest joy is watching my/our team grow from a mid table outfit to a giant in football. For me that's the biggest joy.

Not saying for a minute some don't understand but I do believe some simply don't comprehend how big this project is. Don't take this out of context but an FA Cup is only part of the journey, Europe is KEY.

I do sound joyless don't I hahaha.

You sure do.

FantasyIreland said:
NipHolmes said:
I drive up to the Eithad to watch Manchester City. I didn't realise it was Manciniester City.

Its both fascinating and bewildering that their man love is greater than that they have for the club.

Im sorry but isnt the manager a part of the club whilst hes here ?? Or do you think is he a seperate entity all together..

Your 'man love ' for another manager (whoever that may be) is just as bewildering..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/03/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-malaga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... ity-malaga</a>

"I hope that he had good dinner," Mancini said.

"I don't know why they met. You should ask these questions to Txiki not me. It's not important for me."

samharris said:
Im sorry but isnt the manager a part of the club whilst hes here ?? Or do you think is he a seperate entity all together..

Your 'man love ' for another manager (whoever that may be) is just as bewildering..

I didn't see you getting your knickers in a twist when Phil Batty was dismissed last year?

Nothing bewildering about my point of view,i simply want the best available manager in charge at the club i support.

Davs 19 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Yep-You called it..dimwit......:-)

But still a cut above those who find their true level arguing with intellectual soulmates like Ronnie Irani, eh?! Back in your box now, there's a good boy

How many times are you going to resort to the Irani jibe ? You're beginning to make Ronnie the rag look like an intellectual giant. At least show a bit of imagination with your insults ;.)

This is the modus operandi of many 'outers'.
They like to assume the intellectual high ground, so they belittle other threads, or the Cellar, or anything where folk are having a bit of lighthearted fun, because these 'outers' are serious people, with no time for humour, or discussing worldly matters.
City is their only interest, so they will focus on the odd daft Cellar or General Football thread to make themselves look superior, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that politics/abortion/Israel/religion and other heavyweight topics are discussed there on a daily basis.
Debates that these colossal intellects actually contribute fuck all to, because they are surgically attached to threads like this, and they never venture elsewhere.
Occasionally one of them will pop in the Cellar to tell us how thick we all are.
The irony of this never fails to amuse.

FantasyIreland said:
samharris said:

I didn't see you getting your knickers in a twist when Phil Batty was dismissed last year?

Nothing bewildering about my point of view,i simply want the best available manager in charge at the club i support.

Mancini is the best manager available, in the opion of most City supporters, so to acuse them of putting their love of Mancini ahead of whats best for the club is daft.

You are simply doing what the Mancini haters alwas do, trying to pretend that Mancini is so shit that anyone who disagrees with you must not have the best intrest of the club as their top priority.

The people who dont want Mancini sacked have that opinion because they think its what is best for the club.

Tancredi Palmeri says on twitter has big news on manager coming soon.
Indykaila (good strike rate) says sunday papers will have news on Mourinho
(Hashtags CFC, MCFC).
Something brewing?

KennyG said:
Tancredi Palmeri says on twitter has big news on manager coming soon.
Indykaila (good strike rate) says sunday papers will have news on Mourinho
(Hashtags CFC, MCFC).
Something brewing?

It's not Mourinho to City if that's what you're getting excited about ;)

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Davs 19 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
But still a cut above those who find their true level arguing with intellectual soulmates like Ronnie Irani, eh?! Back in your box now, there's a good boy

How many times are you going to resort to the Irani jibe ? You're beginning to make Ronnie the rag look like an intellectual giant. At least show a bit of imagination with your insults ;.)

They like to assume the intellectual high ground, so they belittle other threads, or the Cellar, or anything where folk are having a bit of lighthearted fun, because these 'outers' are serious people, with no time for humour, or discussing worldly matters.
City is their only interest, so they will focus on the odd daft Cellar or General Football thread to make themselves look superior, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that politics/abortion/Israel/religion and other heavyweight topics are discussed there on a daily basis.
Debates that these colossal intellects actually contribute fuck all to, because they are surgically attached to threads like this, and they never venture elsewhere.
Occasionally one of them will pop in the Cellar to tell us how thick we all are.

Would that be the thread in The Cellar that the likes of you had hijacked to make personal attacks on fellow Forum members and the main Forum in general? The irony of that amuse you as well?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:

And I'd say that this is typical of the kind of distortion of the truth that Inners choose to try and perpetuate about Outers.

I've certainly posted in the Cellar, as has Exeter and I'm sure I've seen Billy down there. There's no accounting for taste when it comes to humour but I can assure you that there is humourous intent in some of my posts.

However, I'm sure that the main reason some of us come on here is to try and debate MCFC related matters. I'm a Manc living in the Thames Valley, the rest of my household are female and not interested in football, none of my workmates support MCFC...

If I want to discuss world events, I'll talk to my wife etc: for me, a football forum is an escape from real life. As far as I am concerned this is all a bit of sport.

And yet again, we end up discussing the people involved in the debate rather than having the debate. I for one would really rather just have the debate and no it shouldn't just be a humourless one but the amount of posts that are not on point as it were are ridiculous.

I started from fairly neutral stand point on the Mancini debate (I'm still hovering around 5.5. on a 10 scale of thinking he should go) and it was certainly my impression from the outset that the Inners start(ed) the "attacks" on Outers and that the Outers then respond to that; it's still my view. For what its worth, it was also my impression at the start that the Outers generally (not exclusively) made the more reasoned and compelling arguments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.