Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

moomba said:
blueinsa said:
moomba said:
I have no problem with RM being judged on performances. To date I think we gave had three years of good progress results wise and a backward step this season.

As a general rule I think the club should be able to live with a backward step (season) without needing to make major changes. I doubt they will accept two backward steps and that's fair enough IMO.

I have no issue in finishing 2nd in the league or not winning a trophy for that matter as long as we have played to our potential for the majority of the season but this year we havnt and its a major worry to see a side that was spellbinding at times last season look so out of form on so many occasions this year.

If he stays and I think he will, he has to address the squad deficiencies this summer and he has to ask himself if he needs to change our style of play and inject much needed width and pace.

He does that and bingo, he doesn't and its curtains imo.

Backward step for me is about results and performances, not just results. And I would agree that another season like this (and I've lived through one or two worse than this) and changes will be made.

I'm not arguing (and gave argued) that this season hasnt been disappointing by any means.

Just don't like the idea that you can go forward, and forward and forward and then at the first sign of a problem you start again.

I agree with you but the problem is that Mourinho is available now and won't be next season if Mancini fails again in the Champs League and Prem. In fact, not only will he not be available, but he'll be actively working against us for a direct rival. So do you stick with Mancini and hope this season was just a blip, or do you go all out to bring the best in the business to your club? Sorry Mancini lovers, but it's option 2 for me.

Gaylord du Bois said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Go on fella, hit him with the figures.
Mancini has spent just over 300 million, we have probably spent around 500 million in total since the takeover. Net spend will obviously be lower.
Net £180m if Moomba's figures are correct. Whichever way you look at it its a fuck sight different than 500m don't you think?

The tales get bigger depending on your level of angst after a game we didn't win.

I am a bit more upset Spurs got a late winner after being second best for nearly all the game at home mind you from the bloke we should do all we can to get next year and Arsenal caught QPR asleep and were not much chop after that but I still think we will finish ahead of both of them.

hgblue said:
I agree with you but the problem is that Mourinho is available now and won't be next season if Mancini fails again in the Champs League and Prem. In fact, not only will he not be available, but he'll be actively working against us for a direct rival. So do you stick with Mancini and hope this season was just a blip, or do you go all out to bring the best in the business to your club? Sorry Mancini lovers, but it's option 2 for me.

Personally don't think Mourinho is a good fit for the club. But putting names aside there is merit in choosing the best and who cares whether the incumbent deserves to get the chop or not.

Only problem with that is that I've seen over and over and over again clubs casting someone aside because the grass is greener on the other side. It rarely works, and as good as Mourinho is (or Guardiola, Klopp etc) there is no guarantee that a new manager will be a good fit at a new club. So unless things are going drastically wrong I don't think we need to rush into any changes.

Kazzydeyna said:
Can I just ask the Colin Schindler's of this forum a genuine question please?

Let's hypothesize that we go all out and get Jose in the summer. And give him major money to spend.

If in two years time all he has achieved is a premier league title and an fa cup, after you've then sacked him for not being successful enough, who would you replace him with?

And where would the subsequent financial upheaval leave us in relation to ffp?

I wouldn't consider replacing Mancini if he had 2 European Cups. It isn't so much about performance as about playing a feasible style and a track record with that style.

Not only that, but also whether a youth system could thrive. Txiki and Ferran hired a youth manager rather than a European Cup proven winner. They don't strike me as so much interested in pedigree or past trophies compared to philosophy and style. Whoever we hire MUST be able to integrate young players into a successful European system, or otherwise the hundreds of millions sunk in to this academy project will be squandered.

We are still at the point of wondering whether Roberto can succeed in Europe and succeed in bringing along youth.

blueinsa said:
he has to address the squad deficiencies this summer
Like we should have done last summer instead of panic buying on the last day of the window?

FWIW I don't think Mancini will get fired even if we don't get through to the knockouts next season (although ofc I hope we do). We're still showing progress, there is mitigating factors, I just can't see it. But then, I don't read newspapers.

dctid said:
Master_Tactician said:
dctid said:
I think Mancini future is in the balance

If i owned the club i would look at what Feguson did 2012 season with an injury riddled team and pushed Mancini right to the final day then look at what he did 2013 season with pretty much the same team RVP apart (Kagawa has hardly been a major contributir) and then factor into the equation the very rea possability of Mouriniho at Chelski and ask is Mancini likely to have sufficient nouse, team management and tactical nouse to beat Ferguson and Mouriniho

I think it likely that he wont but then the question is which other manager available is good enough to take on both and win

Personally i cant see any one else so stick with Mancini BUT Pellagrini's performance in the CL has got to make them interested
Jupp Heynckes and Guus Hiddink are out of jobs in the summer, De Boer has said he wants to come here also. Ambitious attempts to hijack Chelsea and Real's respective deals for Mourinho and Ancelotti possible too.

Mouriniho wont come - Ancelotti likely Real cant see any of those going elsewhere - Hiddink nah cant see it especially with his ties to Abramovich - De Boeryes but is he really better than Mancini - not sure to be honest

Heynckes yup good call - did not think about him to be honest but would he be available
Well Heynckes won't have a club and says he doesn't want to retire yet...

Master_Tactician said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Master_Tactician said:
You call it self-entitlement, I call it ambition. Mancini's £500m worth of transfer fees just about gives me that.

Mourinho replacing him at Inter and winning the Champions League in his second season didn't make Mancini's QF achievement look too impressive.

The near total consensus on here is that a summer of upheaval is needed as we shift out the dead wood and bring in some fresh quality, to clarify you are going contrary to that and saying we need austere stability?
"500million" gives you that much self entitlement (sorry, "ambition")? Money doesn't buy success or happiness, sorry to break it to you.

Mancini/Mourinho/Inter isn't something I can be arsed dissecting at the moment.

We've needed to shift deadwood ever since Hughes left us with overwaged and underskilled employees. Once the leeches are gone forever we can spend worthwhile money on wages, still not over the top which is why the Spaniards renegotiated Kompany and Silva's contracts for example. I'm certainly not advocating austerity. The near total consensus on here is that we don't need or want upheaval, but tweaks. Some say a managerial tweak, many say let the manger do the tweaking.

We're at the start of a long road, why should we introduce yet another variable into a game which is already full of variables, from one 90 mins to the next? Keep a steady ship, and I believe we will reach the promised land. If we change now we may still get there (no guarantees either way), but we will have much more to do. As things stand, we are well on course.
Maybe you're right. If Inter had never changed Mourinho for Mancini they would have never won that horrible Champions League!
Way to miss the point completely, well done.

Yaya_Tony said:
Master_Tactician said:
Yaya_Tony said:
And where has this sense of entitlement come from Mr Master_Tactician? Mancini did get Inter out of the group stages iirc, to the QF I think, the rest of your post is nonsensical soundbites. Logic over hope? Logic dictates that a new manager will cause upheaval, at a stage when we are looking to capitalise on what we have already built. Logically, we shouldn't even be having this "debate".
You call it self-entitlement, I call it ambition. Mancini's £500m worth of transfer fees just about gives me that.

Mourinho replacing him at Inter and winning the Champions League in his second season didn't make Mancini's QF achievement look too impressive.

The near total consensus on here is that a summer of upheaval is needed as we shift out the dead wood and bring in some fresh quality, to clarify you are going contrary to that and saying we need austere stability?
"500million" gives you that much self entitlement (sorry, "ambition")? Money doesn't buy success or happiness, sorry to break it to you.

We've needed to shift deadwood ever since Hughes left us with overwaged and underskilled employees. Once the leeches are gone forever we can spend worthwhile money on wages, still not over the top which is why the Spaniards renegotiated Kompany and Silva's contracts for example. I'm certainly not advocating austerity. The near total consensus on here is that we don't need or want upheaval, but tweaks. Some say a managerial tweak, many say let the manger do the tweaking.

We're at the start of a long road, why should we introduce yet another variable into a game which is already full of variables, from one 90 mins to the next? Keep a steady ship, and I believe we will reach the promised land. If we change now we may still get there (no guarantees either way), but we will have much more to do. As things stand, we are well on course.

Ahhh...it's the Weaselly Welshman's fault, is it? Haven't I heard that one before?<br /><br />-- Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
blueinsa said:
moomba said:
I have no problem with RM being judged on performances. To date I think we gave had three years of good progress results wise and a backward step this season.

As a general rule I think the club should be able to live with a backward step (season) without needing to make major changes. I doubt they will accept two backward steps and that's fair enough IMO.

I have no issue in finishing 2nd in the league or not winning a trophy for that matter as long as we have played to our potential for the majority of the season but this year we havnt and its a major worry to see a side that was spellbinding at times last season look so out of form on so many occasions this year.

If he stays and I think he will, he has to address the squad deficiencies this summer and he has to ask himself if he needs to change our style of play and inject much needed width and pace.

He does that and bingo, he doesn't and its curtains imo.

Backward step for me is about results and performances, not just results. And I would agree that another season like this (and I've lived through one or two worse than this) and changes will be made.

I'm not arguing (and gave argued) that this season hasnt been disappointing by any means.

Just don't like the idea that you can go forward, and forward and forward and then at the first sign of a problem you start again.

We haven't been right since the middle of last season, but hey, I guess this is just the 'first sign of a problem' as you've offered here. Evidently, I was asleep and busy dreaming for the last season and a half...

Blue Heaven said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Master_Tactician said:

Ahhh...it's the Weaselly Welshman's fault, is it? Haven't I heard that one before?
I didn't actually say that though, did I? I said that he left us with overpriced squad members, which he did. FFP loomed, and we have been dealing with it ever since. Mancini has never had a true "blank chequebook" with us. Won us the league and cup anyway though.

Blue Heaven said:
We haven't been right since the middle of last season, but hey, I guess this is just the 'first sign of a problem' as you've offered here. Evidently, I was asleep and busy dreaming for the last season and a half...

We got close to a record points tally in the league last season.

Must have been a hell of a first half.

Were you asleep and dreaming when VK lifted the trophy or were you too busy wondering where it all went wrong?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.