Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

moomba said:
hgblue said:
I agree with you but the problem is that Mourinho is available now and won't be next season if Mancini fails again in the Champs League and Prem. In fact, not only will he not be available, but he'll be actively working against us for a direct rival. So do you stick with Mancini and hope this season was just a blip, or do you go all out to bring the best in the business to your club? Sorry Mancini lovers, but it's option 2 for me.

Personally don't think Mourinho is a good fit for the club. But putting names aside there is merit in choosing the best and who cares whether the incumbent deserves to get the chop or not.

Only problem with that is that I've seen over and over and over again clubs casting someone aside because the grass is greener on the other side. It rarely works, and as good as Mourinho is (or Guardiola, Klopp etc) there is no guarantee that a new manager will be a good fit at a new club. So unless things are going drastically wrong I don't think we need to rush into any changes.

Bobby has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a bad fit for our club, and now that Soriano and Txiki are here, he's an even worse fit. Leave Bobby alone in a phone booth and within 15 seconds he'd be arguing with himself - this is how he was as a player, and how he is as a manager. It's simply part of his personality structure.

moomba said:
hgblue said:
I agree with you but the problem is that Mourinho is available now and won't be next season if Mancini fails again in the Champs League and Prem. In fact, not only will he not be available, but he'll be actively working against us for a direct rival. So do you stick with Mancini and hope this season was just a blip, or do you go all out to bring the best in the business to your club? Sorry Mancini lovers, but it's option 2 for me.

Personally don't think Mourinho is a good fit for the club. But putting names aside there is merit in choosing the best and who cares whether the incumbent deserves to get the chop or not.

Only problem with that is that I've seen over and over and over again clubs casting someone aside because the grass is greener on the other side. It rarely works, and as good as Mourinho is (or Guardiola, Klopp etc) there is no guarantee that a new manager will be a good fit at a new club. So unless things are going drastically wrong I don't think we need to rush into any changes.

Why would Mourinho be any worse fit for City than Mancini?

Mourinho replaced Mancini at Inter and that worked. Pellelgrini won nothing at Milan and Mourinho replaced him and did win things. Mourinho replaced Ranieri at Chelsea and won things. Lets see how we fare after Mourinho taps up at Chelsea again.

Blue Heaven said:
Bobby has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a bad fit for our club, and now that Soriano and Txiki are here, he's an even worse fit. Leave Bobby alone in a phone booth and within 15 seconds he'd be arguing with himself - this is how he was as a player, and how he is as a manager. It's simply part of his personality structure.

What a load of ill informed, sensationalistic shite.

Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Heaven said:
Yaya_Tony said:
"500million" gives you that much self entitlement (sorry, "ambition")? Money doesn't buy success or happiness, sorry to break it to you.

Mancini/Mourinho/Inter isn't something I can be arsed dissecting at the moment.

We've needed to shift deadwood ever since Hughes left us with overwaged and underskilled employees. Once the leeches are gone forever we can spend worthwhile money on wages, still not over the top which is why the Spaniards renegotiated Kompany and Silva's contracts for example. I'm certainly not advocating austerity. The near total consensus on here is that we don't need or want upheaval, but tweaks. Some say a managerial tweak, many say let the manger do the tweaking.

We're at the start of a long road, why should we introduce yet another variable into a game which is already full of variables, from one 90 mins to the next? Keep a steady ship, and I believe we will reach the promised land. If we change now we may still get there (no guarantees either way), but we will have much more to do. As things stand, we are well on course.

Ahhh...it's the Weaselly Welshman's fault, is it? Haven't I heard that one before?
I didn't actually say that though, did I? I said that he left us with overpriced squad members, which he did. FFP loomed, and we have been dealing with it ever since. Mancini has never had a true "blank chequebook" with us. Won us the league and cup anyway though.

So, he gets full credit for the successes, but a complete pass on the failures, simply because we're not past the four-year mark in our post-Hughesian plan? A blank check isn't enough for you, as you will, of course, insist on a 'blank chequebook' instead?

OB1 said:
moomba said:
hgblue said:

Mourinho replaced Mancini at Inter and that worked. Pellelgrini won nothing at Milan and Mourinho replaced him and did win things. Mourinho replaced Ranieri at Chelsea and won things. Lets see how we fare after Mourinho taps up at Chelsea again.

Mourinho is a very good manager, one of the best. But I question his motives, and think that if he came here (or when he goes to Chelsea) it will all be about him and not the club.

I quite like Jose, but think a lot less of him after some of his antics at Madrid.

moomba said:
Blue Heaven said:

The only 'load of ill informed, sensationalistic shite' you would recognize is what you see staring back at you in the mirror, mate.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Kazzydeyna said:
Can I just ask the Colin Schindler's of this forum a genuine question please?

Let's hypothesize that we go all out and get Jose in the summer. And give him major money to spend.

If in two years time all he has achieved is a premier league title and an fa cup, after you've then sacked him for not being successful enough, who would you replace him with?

And where would the subsequent financial upheaval leave us in relation to ffp?
If we're doing Hypotheticals what happens if Mancini stays (which I think he will) he gets a 100 million to spend and we go once again in the group stages of the CL?
Hypothetically? It depends.

What is the £100mil spent on? We don't know for certain that kind of money will be flying around anyway. Who are we drawn against? How do the bread and butter (league) fixtures fall around CL dates? In what manner do we get through? In what manner do we fail to get through? Did we beat the scum? Is the FA Cup worthless? The answers to all this and more in the Mancini thread 2014...

Blue Heaven said:
moomba said:
Blue Heaven said:

The only 'load of ill informed, sensationalistic shite' you would recognize is what you see staring back at you in the mirror, mate.

Bless.

moomba said:
OB1 said:
moomba said:

Mourinho is a very good manager, one of the best. But I question his motives, and think that if he came here (or when he goes to Chelsea) it will all be about him and not the club.

I quite like Jose, but think a lot less of him after some of his antics at Madrid.

Funny, but I question your motives here in this thread - you're nothing but a transparent shill for Bobby. How much does he pay you?

Blue Heaven said:
moomba said:
OB1 said:

Funny, but I question your motives here in this thread - you're nothing but a transparent shill for Bobby. How much does he pay you?

Run along now and let the grown ups debate OK?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.