Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Well today's match did nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that this squad under Mancini plays to the level of the opposition. I do find it odd though that some question the manager's ability to handle pressing teams as that's a personnel problem.

moomba said:
Blue Heaven said:
moomba said:
Mourinho is a very good manager, one of the best. But I question his motives, and think that if he came here (or when he goes to Chelsea) it will all be about him and not the club.

I quite like Jose, but think a lot less of him after some of his antics at Madrid.

Funny, but I question your motives here in this thread - you're nothing but a transparent shill for Bobby. How much does he pay you?

Run along now and let the grown ups debate OK?

You don't debate, you prefer to maintain that I don't fancy this, but I don't fancy that much either, so I really don't think so.

moomba said:
Blue Heaven said:
Bobby has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a bad fit for our club, and now that Soriano and Txiki are here, he's an even worse fit. Leave Bobby alone in a phone booth and within 15 seconds he'd be arguing with himself - this is how he was as a player, and how he is as a manager. It's simply part of his personality structure.

What a load of ill informed, sensationalistic shite.

this. there has not been any indication he has anything but a good constructive working relationship with the barca boys and khaldoon.if you have concrete evidence otherwise ,lets hear it

taconinja said:
Well today's match did nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that this squad under Mancini plays to the level of the opposition.

Is that not partially a personnel problem (as well as the manager)? I do question the hunger and motivation of a few of our players, will be very interesting to see if that returns next season.

taconinja said:
Well today's match did nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that this squad under Mancini plays to the level of the opposition. I do find it odd though that some question the manager's ability to handle pressing teams as that's a personnel problem.

You're on to something, TN. What you've identified is the inevitable symptom of a squad that plays for individual pride (when it can be arsed to), and NOT for the manager. I also think you're correct in concluding that our problems are not mainly tactical in nature, but are rather psychologically based.

moomba said:
taconinja said:
Well today's match did nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that this squad under Mancini plays to the level of the opposition.

Is that not partially a personnel problem (as well as the manager)? I do question the hunger and motivation of a few of our players, will be very interesting to see if that returns next season.
To an extent yes; however, it's one of the manager's duties to motivate the squad over a long season when they're tired and a tad burned out and just want a vacation. At the very least he needs to sniff those players out and bench them.

Is no one concerned about the consistent lack of motivation in certain match types? You can almost see it coming as soon as you see who we're playing. Most home games we're fine, we'll find a way to get the result. Away though when you see "City vs. Sunderland" or "City vs. Swansea" or "City vs. Everton" you just know right away what it's going to be like, as opposed to "City vs. United" where everyone will bust their arse. I'm sorry but a manager (and his staff including first team coach - Platt. Rene Meulensteen is called United's "secret weapon", I wonder if Platt is ours?) has a huge part to play in this, good relations with his players and ensuring they stay motivated. An off day here and there is fine, it happens, but it happens more than is natural for us. Truly impressive performances are a rarity rather than the norm.

karen7 said:
moomba said:
Blue Heaven said:
Bobby has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a bad fit for our club, and now that Soriano and Txiki are here, he's an even worse fit. Leave Bobby alone in a phone booth and within 15 seconds he'd be arguing with himself - this is how he was as a player, and how he is as a manager. It's simply part of his personality structure.

this. there has not been any indication he has anything but a good constructive working relationship with the barca boys and khaldoon.if you have concrete evidence otherwise ,lets hear it

Bickered with countless players in the media, with the medical staff, with Marwood, and has even taken potshots at the owner's transfer policies. All that made manifest by Bobby with his very public pronouncements.

LoveCity said:
Is no one concerned about the consistent lack of motivation in certain match types? You can almost see it coming as soon as you see who we're playing. Most home games we're fine, we'll find a way to get the result. Away though when you see "City vs. Sunderland" or "City vs. Swansea" or "City vs. Everton" you just know right away what it's going to be like, as opposed to "City vs. United" where everyone will bust their arse. I'm sorry but a manager (and his staff including first team coach - Platt) has a huge part to play in this, good relations with his players and ensuring they stay motivated. An off day here and there is fine, it happens, but it happens more than is natural for us. Truly impressive performances are a rarity rather than the norm.
To be fair, we almost find a way to get a result on the road with a few notable exceptions where we've looked wretched from start to finish, such as Southampton. That was horrible.

Blue Heaven said:
karen7 said:
moomba said:

Bickered with countless players in the media, with the medical staff, with Marwood, and has even taken potshots at the owner's transfer policies. All that made manifest by Bobby with his very public pronouncements.

you said he has proven without doubt to be a bad fit now the barca boys are here thats what i want explaining

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.