Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Blue Heaven said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Heaven said:
Ahhh...it's the Weaselly Welshman's fault, is it? Haven't I heard that one before?
I didn't actually say that though, did I? I said that he left us with overpriced squad members, which he did. FFP loomed, and we have been dealing with it ever since. Mancini has never had a true "blank chequebook" with us. Won us the league and cup anyway though.

So, he gets full credit for the successes, but a complete pass on the failures, simply because we're not past the four-year mark in our post-Hughesian plan? A blank check isn't enough for you, as you will, of course, insist on a 'blank chequebook' instead?
We won the league last year, cup year before, 2nd this year and in another cup final. Just watch what we do over the next 3 years mate, you'll love it I promise you.

taconinja said:
To be fair, we almost find a way to get a result on the road with a few notable exceptions where we've looked wretched from start to finish, such as Southampton. That was horrible.

Not really - not enough at least, considering the level we're now at. We slip up far too much for a top team. QPR, West Ham, Stoke, Sunderland, Everton, Southampton, Swansea...

tzQVtgF.jpg

LoveCity said:
Is no one concerned about the consistent lack of motivation in certain match types? You can almost see it coming as soon as you see who we're playing. Most home games we're fine, we'll find a way to get the result. Away though when you see "City vs. Sunderland" or "City vs. Swansea" or "City vs. Everton" you just know right away what it's going to be like, as opposed to "City vs. United" where everyone will bust their arse. I'm sorry but a manager (and his staff including first team coach - Platt. Rene Meulensteen is called United's "secret weapon", I wonder if Platt is ours?) has a huge part to play in this, good relations with his players and ensuring they stay motivated. An off day here and there is fine, it happens, but it happens more than is natural for us. Truly impressive performances are a rarity rather than the norm.

Yes I am concerned and mentioned something about whether this game again raised questions about Mancini's motivational skills.

SHB reckoned this was not a must win game but I think it was a game that it would have been extremely useful to win and one in which we should have seen more hunger from the team.

Blue Heaven said:
taconinja said:
Well today's match did nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that this squad under Mancini plays to the level of the opposition. I do find it odd though that some question the manager's ability to handle pressing teams as that's a personnel problem.

You're on to something, TN. What you've identified is the inevitable symptom of a squad that plays for individual pride (when it can be arsed to), and NOT for the manager. I also think you're correct in concluding that our problems are not mainly tactical in nature, but are rather psychologically based.
Something like "shit, it's Real Madrid, we didn't qualify last year we'd better win tonight" to "wow we're winning, this was a piece of piss" to "bollocks, we should have hung on"? The lads seemed to have a mental block in the way of playing like we know they can. Pressure mounted over the remaining games and we went out. Next season is a clean slate for all. Lets see who we draw before making predictions of "success"/"failure" in Europe next season. As you say, tactically we were and are fine. Tight margins.

OB1 said:
LoveCity said:
Is no one concerned about the consistent lack of motivation in certain match types? You can almost see it coming as soon as you see who we're playing. Most home games we're fine, we'll find a way to get the result. Away though when you see "City vs. Sunderland" or "City vs. Swansea" or "City vs. Everton" you just know right away what it's going to be like, as opposed to "City vs. United" where everyone will bust their arse. I'm sorry but a manager (and his staff including first team coach - Platt. Rene Meulensteen is called United's "secret weapon", I wonder if Platt is ours?) has a huge part to play in this, good relations with his players and ensuring they stay motivated. An off day here and there is fine, it happens, but it happens more than is natural for us. Truly impressive performances are a rarity rather than the norm.

Yes I am concerned and mentioned something about whether this game again raised questions about Mancini's motivational skills.

SHB reckoned this was not a must win game but I think it was a game that it would have been extremely useful to win and one in which we should have seen more hunger from the team.

Games like the Everton one and Southampton away where everyone was saying it was poor tactics that cost us the game, I reckon it was much more about application, effort and commitment. You could tell from the 10th minute of those game that the opposition wanted it more.

Certainly Mancini has to take responsibility for that, as do the players themselves. I mentioned it before but I do wonder how much the title win has affected our players hunger, and commitment. Everyone says it's much harder to retain a title than to win the first one and I think some drop off in performances is inevitable.

karen7 said:
Blue Heaven said:
karen7 said:
this. there has not been any indication he has anything but a good constructive working relationship with the barca boys and khaldoon.if you have concrete evidence otherwise ,lets hear it

Bickered with countless players in the media, with the medical staff, with Marwood, and has even taken potshots at the owner's transfer policies. All that made manifest by Bobby with his very public pronouncements.

you said he has proven without doubt to be a bad fit now the barca boys are here thats what i want explaining

People in Hell want ice water. Who the hell are you?<br /><br />-- Sat May 04, 2013 1:08 pm --<br /><br />
Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Heaven said:
Yaya_Tony said:
I didn't actually say that though, did I? I said that he left us with overpriced squad members, which he did. FFP loomed, and we have been dealing with it ever since. Mancini has never had a true "blank chequebook" with us. Won us the league and cup anyway though.

So, he gets full credit for the successes, but a complete pass on the failures, simply because we're not past the four-year mark in our post-Hughesian plan? A blank check isn't enough for you, as you will, of course, insist on a 'blank chequebook' instead?
We won the league last year, cup year before, 2nd this year and in another cup final. Just watch what we do over the next 3 years mate, you'll love it I promise you.

Your promises are worth very little to me, but thanks anyway.

moomba said:
OB1 said:
LoveCity said:

Games like the Everton one and Southampton away where everyone was saying it was poor tactics that cost us the game, I reckon it was much more about application, effort and commitment. You could tell from the 10th minute of those game that the opposition wanted it more.

Certainly Mancini has to take responsibility for that, as do the players themselves. I mentioned it before but I do wonder how much the title win has affected our players hunger, and commitment. Everyone says it's much harder to retain a title than to win the first one and I think some drop off in performances is inevitable.

I'm sure it is a bit of everything; the question is how much could the manager have done to produce a better outcome?

I think you mentioned earlier that it is difficult to breakdown teams like Swansea (who are organised and adept at pressing high and then getting bodies behind the ball) and that the only way was to beat them was to finish better. There's no doubt that our finishing has been a problem but I do think that more high tempo football and the use of pace and on the flanks and better crossing have their place in increasing your chances against these teams. Is Mancini ever going to deliver those options?

Also, going back to the finishing, could Mancini have dealt with Balotelli differently and got more goals out of him this season or was Mario just too difficult? Either way, that one is Bobby's responsibility.

Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Heaven said:
taconinja said:
Well today's match did nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that this squad under Mancini plays to the level of the opposition. I do find it odd though that some question the manager's ability to handle pressing teams as that's a personnel problem.

You're on to something, TN. What you've identified is the inevitable symptom of a squad that plays for individual pride (when it can be arsed to), and NOT for the manager. I also think you're correct in concluding that our problems are not mainly tactical in nature, but are rather psychologically based.
Something like "shit, it's Real Madrid, we didn't qualify last year we'd better win tonight" to "wow we're winning, this was a piece of piss" to "bollocks, we should have hung on"? The lads seemed to have a mental block in the way of playing like we know they can. Pressure mounted over the remaining games and we went out. Next season is a clean slate for all. Lets see who we draw before making predictions of "success"/"failure" in Europe next season. As you say, tactically we were and are fine. Tight margins.

To be clear, 'As you say, tactically we were and are fine' is not what I wrote, but I see your point. However, Txiki is under a lot of pressure to make huge recommendations regarding the retention (or not) of the manager and quite a few players. Time will tell...

moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:
Yaya_Tony said:
And where has this sense of entitlement come from Mr Master_Tactician? Mancini did get Inter out of the group stages iirc, to the QF I think, the rest of your post is nonsensical soundbites. Logic over hope? Logic dictates that a new manager will cause upheaval, at a stage when we are looking to capitalise on what we have already built. Logically, we shouldn't even be having this "debate".
You call it self-entitlement, I call it ambition. Mancini's £500m worth of transfer fees just about gives me that.

Which £500m?

£204M actually, but we won't let the facts get in the way of a good old rant, shall we?

Blue Heaven said:
karen7 said:
Blue Heaven said:
Bickered with countless players in the media, with the medical staff, with Marwood, and has even taken potshots at the owner's transfer policies. All that made manifest by Bobby with his very public pronouncements.

you said he has proven without doubt to be a bad fit now the barca boys are here thats what i want explaining

blue heaven wrote
People in Hell want ice water. Who the hell are you?

what? you make claims and i ask you to back it up and thats your answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.