Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
He maybe now
Few years ago he was a tosser and a fucking parasite towards our club
On a regular basis he ripped us apart and just fabricated stories out of thin air
I'm sure he wrote some poisonous article regarding us at the derby the other year and the munich chanting too

Grade A Twat.
I pursued him for years over that story. Eventually I met him and he told me that it was the club themselves who asked him to write that story because they were worried about what our fans might do at that game.

So your anger is directed at the wrong people. It was our rag supporting CEO and his Liverpool supporting Press Officer who slandered us, not Taylor.
I also believe that city gave him the 'Mancini to Monaco' story.

He's a grade a twat for being a yes boy then DD.

People with no character leave the world unfulfilled.

Not once but twice you believe unless of course in the first instance he was lying to you.

Journalists lie ?

Never its like saying real estate agents never lie (LOL).

In their world as is the journo's world for the majority you are only lying when you get caught and you only apologetic when you get caught.

Cheaters is their program they love to watch.

Gee this one has more legs than my Watford thread of yesterday (LOL).

Notice how I got it in without you pulling the plug on it again Mods.

Didsbury Dave said:
waspish said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I also believe that city gave him the 'Mancini to Monaco' story.

Why would they do that? What would it achieve?

Well put it this way: it changed the perception of many fans about how secure Mancini was in his position. But that's only my take on it.

I have no proof that city gave him the story, in fact he told me that they didn't, but they were relaxed about it coming out, and that surprised him.
Even if City's top brass had private doubts about the manager, it doesn't serve their overall objectives in undermining and damaging the reputation of their manager.

The one doubt I have about Mancini is the way forwards like Balotelli and Dzeko lost form and motivation. But it's difficult to say whether that's down to the players, or whether it's inevitable. Certainly not significant enough to require a change in manager. All managers make mistakes.

Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
If the lunch was about replacing Mancini in the summer then it was stupid. The location was stupid, the timing is stupid and the subsequent speculation is beyond stupid. Idiot covers it nicely.

But we only hear or see one element of it all.

Who's to say that Txiki isn't fully aware that Bob has been hawking himself around a few clubs, just as he did last year?

Maybe the decision has already been made and therefore there is no problem with TB being seen in public with MP's agent.

2nd is in the bag and the cup final will take care of itself. Our players won't need any motivating to add another medal to their haul so pretty sure they won't give two hoots about managerial speculation.

If Bob is hawking himself around then his agent is doing a better job of keeping it quiet than Pellegrini's or Txiki for that matter. To be honest if Txiki is searching for a new manager he has done it with an astonishing lack of finesse. Hell Cook made a better first of getting someone on board without flagging to the world what he was up to.

If the decision has already been made then why bother having a public lunch which can only lead to unnecessary speculation?

As for the Cup final I would rather have players and management team focused on preparing for and winning that game. For the past 6 months our season has been prepared against a media backdrop of the manager, the coaching staff and half the playing staff being out of the door in the summer. Personally I don't think it has been helpful or especially healthy and I'd rather not have it flare up again because Txiki 'wants to send a message' or any other fanciful theories as to what the lunch was about. Just do it in fucking private next time. End of problem.

A Spanish friend of mine happened to be frequenting the same restaurant that Jess Martinez (Manuel Pellegrini agent) and Txiki Begiristain had their meeting. It happened to go something like this...

Martinez: I recommend the sword fish Txiki.

Begiristain: Well I'll give it a try Jess, my old friend.

Martinez: So you want Nicholas Gaitan, and Benfica want back Javi Garcia? Let's do a deal shall we?

Begiristain: Just tell me Jess, is Nicholas one of these Argies that fights and fights?

Martinez: Sure is Txiki. Going to be star at the next world cup. Get him now before his price rockets.

Begiristain: Excellent. Can I recommend an excellent Rioja before we get down to his wages?

Martinez: Sure thing. Oh by the way, before I forget, Manuel Pellegrini said to say hello.

Begiristain: Tell him I have an excellent left back he might be interested in.

My mate had to give up his table at this point.

BobKowalski said:
Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
If the lunch was about replacing Mancini in the summer then it was stupid. The location was stupid, the timing is stupid and the subsequent speculation is beyond stupid. Idiot covers it nicely.

But we only hear or see one element of it all.

Who's to say that Txiki isn't fully aware that Bob has been hawking himself around a few clubs, just as he did last year?

Maybe the decision has already been made and therefore there is no problem with TB being seen in public with MP's agent.

2nd is in the bag and the cup final will take care of itself. Our players won't need any motivating to add another medal to their haul so pretty sure they won't give two hoots about managerial speculation.

If Bob is hawking himself around then his agent is doing a better job of keeping it quiet than Pellegrini's or Txiki for that matter. To be honest if Txiki is searching for a new manager he has done it with an astonishing lack of finesse. Hell Cook made a better first of getting someone on board without flagging to the world what he was up to.

If the decision has already been made then why bother having a public lunch which can only lead to unnecessary speculation?

As for the Cup final I would rather have players and management team focused on preparing for and winning that game. For the past 6 months our season has been prepared against a media backdrop of the manager, the coaching staff and half the playing staff being out of the door in the summer. Personally I don't think it has been helpful or especially healthy and I'd rather not have it flare up again because Txiki 'wants to send a message' or any other fanciful theories as to what the lunch was about. Just do it in fucking private next time. End of problem.

Spot on BK and to think if Cook had of just opened his mouth as per usual to Marwood instead of putting finger to keyboard and hitting the wrong button he would probably not have resigned when he did and who knows Tiki may not be with us yet.

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
waspish said:
Why would they do that? What would it achieve?

Well put it this way: it changed the perception of many fans about how secure Mancini was in his position. But that's only my take on it.

I have no proof that city gave him the story, in fact he told me that they didn't, but they were relaxed about it coming out, and that surprised him.
Even if City's top brass had private doubts about the manager, it doesn't serve their overall objectives in undermining and damaging the reputation of their manager...

It doesn't. Seriously I don't get the thinking behind handing a guy a 5 year contract then spending the rest of the season undermining him by linking yourself to every manager under the sun. It makes no sense whatsoever. Yet no one seems to think it odd. Which is odd especially when you consider the culture of the people who own the club and their track record in not making knee jerk decisions.

Anyway...I'm off to fix brunch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.