Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

mancity1 said:
BobKowalski said:
Rammy Blue said:
But we only hear or see one element of it all.

Who's to say that Txiki isn't fully aware that Bob has been hawking himself around a few clubs, just as he did last year?

Maybe the decision has already been made and therefore there is no problem with TB being seen in public with MP's agent.

2nd is in the bag and the cup final will take care of itself. Our players won't need any motivating to add another medal to their haul so pretty sure they won't give two hoots about managerial speculation.

If Bob is hawking himself around then his agent is doing a better job of keeping it quiet than Pellegrini's or Txiki for that matter. To be honest if Txiki is searching for a new manager he has done it with an astonishing lack of finesse. Hell Cook made a better first of getting someone on board without flagging to the world what he was up to.

If the decision has already been made then why bother having a public lunch which can only lead to unnecessary speculation?

As for the Cup final I would rather have players and management team focused on preparing for and winning that game. For the past 6 months our season has been prepared against a media backdrop of the manager, the coaching staff and half the playing staff being out of the door in the summer. Personally I don't think it has been helpful or especially healthy and I'd rather not have it flare up again because Txiki 'wants to send a message' or any other fanciful theories as to what the lunch was about. Just do it in fucking private next time. End of problem.

Spot on BK and to think if Cook had of just opened his mouth as per usual to Marwood instead of putting finger to keyboard and hitting the wrong button he would probably not have resigned when he did and who knows Tiki may not be with us yet.
100% with BK on this one. These sorts of meetings should be conducted privately. Txiki needs to be very careful in relation to his public dealings. As Bob has clearly pointed out, City does not need yet another story which can be turned into City instability.

I believe this Club has powerful enemies who would do anything to bring this club down. Txiki is a very significant part of this club, and he needs accordingly to act discreetly and with tact. On this occasion, even if the meeting was perfectly innocent, perceptions are important.

I believe on this occasion he got it wrong.

I have to say that if Mancini is being sacked then Txiki has been as subtle as a brick being thrown through a window and that will not go down well with Khaldoon, Simon Pearce or indeed the Sheikh. This would not necessarily be the case if Roberto has already resigned though - though they still wouldn't be happy.

Remember all the rubbish written about City directors having a meal with Neymar's family in a London restaurant after the England Brazil game?

You can't stop moving in these circles just because there are papers, and cameramen around taking photos and writing bs. Up to City fans to be a bit more discriminatory in what they believe.

Marvin said:
Remember all the rubbish written about City directors having a meal with Neymar's family in a London restaurant after the England Brazil game?

You can't stop moving in these circles just because there are papers, and cameramen around taking photos and writing bs. Up to City fans to be a bit more discriminatory in what they believe.

Very true. That said City doesn't leak. In general, nothing escapes into the wild from City that City don't want leaking. All leaks there days come from the other side of negotiating table. So the most likely reason is that Pellegrini's agent wanted the meeting leaked. Possibly to get a better deal for Pellegrini wherever he is going.

The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Taylor is one of city's favoured journalists, and is the one who broke the Mancini to Monaco story. He is very careful to maintain relationships at city. All he's saying is what everyone knows: Txiki's meet with pellegrini's agent is significant. How significant will become clear soon, I believe.
He maybe now
Few years ago he was a tosser and a fucking parasite towards our club
On a regular basis he ripped us apart and just fabricated stories out of thin air
I'm sure he wrote some poisonous article regarding us at the derby the other year and the munich chanting too

Grade A Twat.

I think he also sat on a story about Ronaldo behaving like a spoiled brat at some corporate do ahead of the 50th Munich anniversary derby, didn't he, cos he didn't want to upset Taggart or show the rags in a bad light, but then trotted the story out a year later when the Laird of the Cesspit wanted a character assassination job doing due to Tranny agitating for a move to the Madrid. As you say, he might be our best bud now, but I don't doubt that that owes nothing to any instinctive love of City

Didsbury Dave said:
blueparrot said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Nope. You've missed out the most obvious explanation.

If you have secret meetings behind peoples backs in a public restaurant your either stupid, or the people who believe it to be so are idiots
You aren't getting it either ;-)

It may be that it was unnecessary to keep the meeting secret.

Do we know which restaurant they met in? Do we know whether or not there was a reasonable expectation that they would not be spotted by someone in the media or by someone that would think it worth informing the media? Do we even know if they were actually spotted or if someone that knew of the meeting leaked it?

Has John Le Carre bought the rights to the meeting?

moomba said:
cibaman said:
Isn't it a fairly important part of Bergiristan's remit to know which players, managers, coaches might be available and willing to join City if we want them? How does he do that without having regular contacts with agents?

Would imagine its one of the major parts of his job, whether the manager is in trouble or not.

It certainly beats buying players from a video presentation provided by an agent. How the hell we ended up with Jo is a mystery to me...

karen7 said:
friends having lunch anyone? isco's agent i believe

There's a claim above that Martinez does not represent any players but it's not clear to me if that is an accurate claim. Even if Martinez does not directly represent any players, he may lots of useful contacts and it could be that Txiki wants to use him as an intermediary for some reason. Perhaps not the most likely explanation but it's all speculation.

I'd expect Txiki to have lots of meetings with agents and many of those meetings won't lead to business being done. He can't do every meeting in private and he really shouldn't have to do any of them that way but we live in a world where Scott Sinclair's missus can't even fill her car up without it being all over t'net.

karen7 said:
friends having lunch anyone? isco's agent i believe
Maybe relationship advice.

Maybe Txiki is gay, were there any candles there?

In all honesty I'd be willing to wager it was an informal discussion about Manuel and maybe a few players on the books. If Mancini fails in the FA Cup I'd stake my savings on him going. Txikis job is to make sure the club runs soundly. He'd not be doing his job if hasn't got a replacement set aside in case Bobby fails or quits.<br /><br />-- Sun May 05, 2013 2:52 pm --<br /><br />
BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:

Very true. That said City doesn't leak. In general, nothing escapes into the wild from City that City don't want leaking. All leaks there days come from the other side of negotiating table. So the most likely reason is that Pellegrini's agent wanted the meeting leaked. Possibly to get a better deal for Pellegrini wherever he is going.
A very plausible reason is agent using it as leverage. Counts trick on City but most players and managers will be linked to City or PSG in today's football world. Just the way it goes. It's a compliment really, I'd be worried about how the club was doing I'd we didn't get these headlines and articles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.