Why we will win the league!

I said to the guy sitting next to me at the Liverpool game a few times to look at Klopp, he was going crazy on the sideline ... waving and jumping and yelling and calling out his players and almost tearing his hair out ... which to me said his players weren’t doing what he had asked them to, they were a little in the not-lose mode ... but then with his team selection he himself had set that tone that day ... a team had a chance to go 10 pts clear by being positive and going for the win, but they came wanting to not lose and protect the 7pt lead they had ...

They could’ve gone 10 clear and they didn’t ... today I have seen exactly the same ... they had a chance to go 7 clear and they couldn’t yet again ...

Difference between being 5 pts and 7 pts ahead is huge at this stage of the season ... 5 pts means only two results swap our position with them ... a game lost and one drawn more than us and we finish ahead of them (on goal diff) ... 7 pts however would have meant 3 games needed swinging our way out of the only 14 left ...

I said this on that first Thursday in January, that we’d win this league because they will bottle it and shit themselves come the business end of the season ... and I say exactly that again tonight ...

Now watch us win the next three ... on paper they all look tough but Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea (seen them tonight?) are all right in the form we’d like them to be in ... so c’mon City - let’s do this!

A few free beers for you if you're right. And yes you can hold me to it.

Reactions: MAG
Been a great thread this and could sneak in as one of the ‘classic threads’.

I tell you what though there are a lot of absolute vaginas amongst our support.

Lots of ‘I can see us dropping points here’ type posts all the way through.

The amount of anxiety over not very much has been mad as fuck to watch.

I said to the guy sitting next to me at the Liverpool game a few times to look at Klopp, he was going crazy on the sideline ... waving and jumping and yelling and calling out his players and almost tearing his hair out ... which to me said his players weren’t doing what he had asked them to, they were a little in the not-lose mode ... but then with his team selection he himself had set that tone that day ... a team had a chance to go 10 pts clear by being positive and going for the win, but they came wanting to not lose and protect the 7pt lead they had ...

They could’ve gone 10 clear and they didn’t ... today I have seen exactly the same ... they had a chance to go 7 clear and they couldn’t yet again ...

Difference between being 5 pts and 7 pts ahead is huge at this stage of the season ... 5 pts means only two results swap our position with them ... a game lost and one drawn more than us and we finish ahead of them (on goal diff) ... 7 pts however would have meant 3 games needed swinging our way out of the only 14 left ...

I said this on that first Thursday in January, that we’d win this league because they will bottle it and shit themselves come the business end of the season ... and I say exactly that again tonight ...

Now watch us win the next three ... on paper they all look tough but Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea (seen them tonight?) are all right in the form we’d like them to be in ... so c’mon City - let’s do this!

Didnt want to click on this thread. Thought i'd jinx it. Just read the Op. Wont bother with the other 391 pages Lol.

Take a bow.
If you wanna start a thread on why spurs will win the champions league I wouldn’t object : )

It’s quite simple really, if they lose the final to Spurs, they’d fall away at the start of next season ... enough to give us a head start that they’re never really challenge us rest of the season ... if however they win the CL by any chance, I expect them to challenge us for the title again next season ... so I’m with you ... c’mon you spurs (time to kill and crush their morale completely)

Mag....
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

tumblr_nu5pceUazC1s2wio8o1_500.gif
giphy.gif

It’s quite simple really, if they lose the final to Spurs, they’d fall away at the start of next season ... enough to give us a head start that they’re never really challenge us rest of the season ... if however they win the CL by any chance, I expect them to challenge us for the title again next season ... so I’m with you ... c’mon you spurs (time to kill and crush their morale completely)
You might be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Looks like Klopp has squeezed every last drop out of them under the promise of lifting the title.
Not sure he can get them to go again if you ask me.

They looked dejected and they'll be acutely aware that Klopp and finals don't mix.

They've also been suspiciously lucky in the injury department over the past two seasons and even their luck will run out at some point.

My prediction is they'll be battling to finish top four next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.