Why we're better than Spurs...

sibierski express said:
I like you positivity, but we are nowhere near Spurs atm. I think they are better than rags currrently. I think we are on par with Chelsea.

I reckon Spurs are better from an attacking point of view and probably edge the midfield too with Vdv, Modric and Bale but defensively we are miles better. Translate that into the champions league where we would be on a comparable stage with Spurs and I think we'd see a massive difference to the City we're seeing now.

...and Rags are unfortunately leagues ahead of everyone at the minute. I think Spurs, us and Chelsea are at about the same level.

LoveCity said:
sibierski express said:
I like you positivity, but we are nowhere near Spurs atm. I think they are better than rags currrently. I think we are on par with Chelsea.

On what basis? They are 2pts behind us (game in hand), how does that make us not "near" them? Shouldn't they be 12pts ahead and fighting it out with the rags for the league if they are so great?

Just the way they ae playing atm and the personnel they have. Even with their main players out they still beat likes of Sunderland and Blackburn away from home. Could we do that without Silva, Tevez and De Jong? Not sure we could.

The difference between us and spurs is they would've got beat by Aris by pushing to many players in there box

Garry.Cook said:
sibierski express said:

I reckon Spurs are better from an attacking point of view and probably edge the midfield too with Vdv, Modric and Bale but defensively we are miles better. Translate that into the champions league where we would be on a comparable stage with Spurs and I think we'd see a massive difference to the City we're seeing now.

...and Rags are unfortunately leagues ahead of everyone at the minute. I think Spurs, us and Chelsea are at about the same level.

I really hope Spurs draw rags in the next round if they both go through. I'd be having a significantly large wager on Spurs.

we got batterd down at whl, they beat us at home 3 months earler and secured 4th spot, i wouldnt bank on another 3 pts off them at home in april, bottom line is they are a bloody good team and i tend to agree with the other poster 'at the moment they are streets ahead'

We can beat Spurs if we show the guts we did in Stretford on Saturday. United are a better team than Spurs and we were very unlucky not to get a result, unlike last season against Spurs where we fully deserved to lose.

sibierski express said:
LoveCity said:
On what basis? They are 2pts behind us (game in hand), how does that make us not "near" them? Shouldn't they be 12pts ahead and fighting it out with the rags for the league if they are so great?

Just the way they ae playing atm and the personnel they have. Even with their main players out they still beat likes of Sunderland and Blackburn away from home. Could we do that without Silva, Tevez and De Jong? Not sure we could.

But Spuds also lost at home to Wigan and Stoke if memory serves me correctly.

waspish said:
The difference between us and spurs is they would've got beat by Aris by pushing to many players in there box

ha, they wouldn't. Our problem is, too often, we are dictated by how good the other team is, and rarely impose our quality on them. This is probably why we rarely thrash teams. We can also step up too, hence why we have never been thrashed ourselves.

its certainly going to be a nervy season ending again, if spurs were to win that and we finish 4th behind chel,arse and man u we would not qualify

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.