Why ''York away''? Should be Northampton.....

Being a match local to me and my three mates we were looking forward to the short train journey, drinks around York and then off to the match with tickets in the main stand. To think things couldn't get any worse being a blue the stick we received over here............thank God things turned around after that!!!!!!!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Personally I think the low points were Lincoln or Wycome away.

as I attended both those fixtures

Me too - remember getting in late at Lincoln and we were one nil down. The Wetherspoons in Lincoln was like going back in time to the 50's.

Got home about 3am.

Wycombe was a nice little ground but shite game. Remember their winger Jermaine McSporran - tipped him for big things but never heard of him since.

PS was at York too.

And Wrexham - stood behind the goal when Wiekens scored the header - right in front of me. Never been colder at a game.

Great thread.
This is why we deserve what is happening to our club at the moment.
I'll hold my hands up, I wasn't at York but I was at Wrexham.
That Taylor miss was one of the worst I have ever seen!!

The league game at Springfield Park, Wigan was the coldest ever.

I rang my mate in Spain at 2.30pm only to be told it was 28 degrees in Benalmadena but he wished he was in Wigan with us.

Another mate could not get a ticket so he bought a disabled one for his 84 year old grandmother and went as her carer.

York was a disgraceful performance.

Wrexham - Gerard Wiekens goal was possibly the most important goal ever as I was convinced if we would have gone down again if we had not won there.

Lincoln away, league cup. Lost 4 v 1. The teams used portacabins as dressing rooms and Lincoln were banging on the City cabin before the match telling them what they were going to do to them, and they did.

Anyone remember Birmingham away, we scored after 88 mins (Murtaz Sheliah) at the far post and jumping on the fence to celebrate only for Paul Furlong to score two goals in injury time.
There was a minibus full of kids and women which got smashed in before the game.

xgorton wrote:
Talking about low times i was at maine rd v swindon in the old 2nd division 8,015 was there in a 63,000 stadium we lost 2-1,remember sat down on steps in the kippax watching game plenty of room,also northampton went up that season into the top flight they only stayed for 1 season.

I remember that game wasn't there hours of torrential rain before that game hence the small attendance
York away I was working but was my son's first ever away game Was a very quiet Saturday night in our house After that game the rise began
Another game sticks in my memory was a 1-0 defeat at Wycombe away on the very day we buried sis in laws husband a lifelong blue Another night of despair

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah....and that was before i could go to t'bloody match.

As others have said, York was the lowest ebb the Club sank to in that 98/99 season and it's a case of many remembering where they were when we lost to them. Some where there some weren't. I myself wasn't but recall watching the results come in on TV. They used to flash down in alphabetical order and we were obviously last because it was Y for York. I think I punched the floor.

peoffrey said:
As others have said, York was the lowest ebb the Club sank to in that 98/99 season and it's a case of many remembering where they were when we lost to them. Some where there some weren't. I myself wasn't but recall watching the results come in on TV. They used to flash down in alphabetical order and we were obviously last because it was Y for York. I think I punched the floor.
Wasn't at York but immediately after it I booked a holiday to New York flying out the day before the play-off final. I'd already given up on automatic promotion and after that result, we certainly weren't going to get into the play-offs were we?

Things i remember from Northampton.

Goater scoring and half of the ground erupting. The party on the embankment. Selling my spare ticket outside the ground at face value only to see a different person seated next to me who paid a tenner extra. My missus telling me that the Fentons had nice legs.

I've never taken her to a match since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.